Nissan Titan Forum banner

Help me identify this part and why its out of place

824 views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  albonismo 
#1 ·
I noticed this while changing my oil this weekend. Anyone know what its called so I can have the dealer look at it? The one on the left goes into the thing, and the one on the right sticks out of the thing:teethmast (The silver ring)
RIGHT

LEFT

LEFT

RIGHT

See less See more
#2 ·
Pics don't work

#3 ·
They look like the bushing sleeves on your front sway bar.

#8 ·
well, they won't cause any problems the way they look, but if you're an "anal" type of person, you could have them disassemble the mount and reposition those sleeves inside the mounts again, if not, just wait until you PRG your suspension then do it yourself, or just plainly remove the sway bar all together...

#10 ·
DRTYAZN said:
well, they won't cause any problems the way they look, but if you're an "anal" type of person, you could have them disassemble the mount and reposition those sleeves inside the mounts again, if not, just wait until you PRG your suspension then do it yourself, or just plainly remove the sway bar all together...
I don't believe those "sleeves" go inside the mounts. If you pull the bushing from the bracket you will find that there is no place for the "sleeve" to fit inside the bushing, the inside is smooth, that "hump" on the outside of the mounting bracket matches the back of the bushing to hold it in place. I believe those "sleeves" act as a stop for the sway bar articulation, but hey, I'm not an engineer, so what do I know?

Unless I'm missing something, they are supposed to look that way, mine does, and I'm betting others' do too.

#11 ·
ah hell u dont need it. take ur sawzall and cut it off...jk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.