A/c blower out on Titan - Page 2 - Nissan Titan Forum
Titan Problems & Dealer Service Having a problem with your truck? Dealer service got you down? Let us know here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
#16 (permalink) Old 10-12-2009, 06:51 PM

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Smile Re: A/c blower out on Titan

Hey Guys just updating. After changing the resistor about a year ago it still works fine. Occasionally the fan will go to high speed for about a min. then kick back down to the setting it is adjusted to. I would say this happens about once a week but other than that it works fine. I can't explain the rev up, possibly the fan is still the issue but heck after a year it was worth the $65.00.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#17 (permalink) Old 10-13-2009, 06:09 AM

Re: A/c blower out on Titan

I replaced mine (VBC) last week and it fixed my problem. Thanks guys!
#18 (permalink) Old 10-25-2009, 06:21 PM

Do any of you guys have a picture of the VBC? I took apart my fan over the weekend and had power getting to it when I tested it with the volt meter. I replaced the motor and the new one did not turn on either. I wired a new ground and that got the fan blowing on high only. I found this silver box and thought maybe it was the VBC, but it did not seem to make any difference when it was plugged in or unplugged. Is this the VBC? If not, any idea what it is? It was located right by the fan. Sorry for the crappy quality.

Last edited by jgat; 10-25-2009 at 06:24 PM.
#19 (permalink) Old 03-24-2010, 10:25 PM

What's the difference between the VBC and the resistor? I easily located the VBC, but am unable to locate the resistor that the dealer sold to me. How much of the dash do I need to take apart in order to locate the blower motor resistor on a 2005 Titan? Thanks.

The part on the left is what I can locate on my Titan. The part on the right is what the dealer insisted I buy.

Last edited by kevink619; 03-25-2010 at 12:06 AM.
#20 (permalink) Old 03-27-2010, 02:57 PM

iTrader Score: 2 reviews

The ticking noise is usually the heater valve on the passenger side under the hood. Just put your hand on it and you will feel the vibration which generally transmits through the dash. As for you guys with the blower resistor issue, the part # is 27151-ZW00A. Hope this helps....

04 CC Long travel
#21 (permalink) Old 06-11-2010, 05:30 PM

Thanks for all the advise. I had to replace the VBC and with your advise I was able to switch it out in 3 minutes and saved about $150. for labor. However, I did pay $84 for the part. I started experiencing problems with it within the 1st year of buying the truck and the dealer told me nothing was wrong. Thank you, thank you, thank you. You all made my life easier.
#22 (permalink) Old 06-14-2010, 07:34 AM

iTrader Score: 1 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by alllsporttt16 View Post
I'm in hot LA also...I'm wondering if this worked and how easy is it for me to do myself. I also have a 2006 Titan and mine stopped working on 7/7/08
" WOW " I have an 06 Titan too and mine stop working on 7/2/10 I guss thay got the timing down so that thay can make some $$ from all of Us o6's
#23 (permalink) Old 06-22-2010, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevink619 View Post
What's the difference between the VBC and the resistor? I easily located the VBC, but am unable to locate the resistor that the dealer sold to me. How much of the dash do I need to take apart in order to locate the blower motor resistor on a 2005 Titan? Thanks.

The part on the left is what I can locate on my Titan. The part on the right is what the dealer insisted I buy.
From what I gathered today, either your truck has a Resistor or a VBC, but not both. Some models evidentially use the Resistor. From what the parts guy told me, the resistor is for trucks that have a 4 speed setting on the blower. If it is a dial that has 15-16 speed settings than you need the VBC. Kinda goofy. When I got to the dealer, the parts guy was trying to tell me I needed both parts, so then he went and asked a Titan service tech, who informed us what the difference between the two is.
#24 (permalink) Old 08-05-2010, 08:50 PM

Some of these posts have been around for a while, but if anyone has the same problem as all of them.... and now me, that picture helps a bunch. I was sold that flat black piece and went crazy trying to find where to put it too. I pulled off the silver box too, and was told it was a $300.00 part, I don't want to mess with it anymore!
Well you have to get ahold of the part on the left in the pic with the "fins" as mentioned in one post and try to return the flat black piece. I don't know why some have one and others have something different, but mine has the one with the fins too. But it is pretty easy to get to and take off without removing dash parts. One plug and two screws. Part number I am going to buy tomorrow.
[27151Q] VBC - Titan (A60) 2004+
27151-A60001
Thanks for the help posters.
#25 (permalink) Old 08-05-2010, 09:20 PM
Premium User
Nissan Titan Status - Premium Member

Thanked 3,301 Times in 2,191 Posts

This is the correct part number for the vbc. Hope your dealer have one as there is a nation wide back order on these thing.
Part # 27151-ZM70A

2014 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara

Titan/Armada Part Numbers

Frequently asked fuse locations

305.5 WHP, 370.4 ft/lbs tq
#26 (permalink) Old 08-06-2010, 01:14 AM

No problem. I nearly drove myself insane disassembling the dash trying to find BOTH components. It turns out that you either have the resistor OR the VBC, but NOT both. Either component is very near the blower motor and easily accessible without disassembling the dash (I learned in hindsight).

The dealer that I mistakenly bought the resistor (the part on the right) from, had a "No returns on electronics" policy, but they disregarded that policy since they sold me the wrong part. :-) There seems to be a mid-year variation on which component is used in 2005 Titans. Even the dealer's parts database isn't 100% correct!

-Kevin

Quote:
Originally Posted by frogbass View Post
Some of these posts have been around for a while, but if anyone has the same problem as all of them.... and now me, that picture helps a bunch. I was sold that flat black piece and went crazy trying to find where to put it too. I pulled off the silver box too, and was told it was a $300.00 part, I don't want to mess with it anymore!
Well you have to get ahold of the part on the left in the pic with the "fins" as mentioned in one post and try to return the flat black piece. I don't know why some have one and others have something different, but mine has the one with the fins too. But it is pretty easy to get to and take off without removing dash parts. One plug and two screws. Part number I am going to buy tomorrow.
[27151Q] VBC - Titan (A60) 2004+
27151-A60001
Thanks for the help posters.
#27 (permalink) Old 08-06-2010, 11:51 AM

**Update** The part originally had five fins...... then went to three..... now has four. No kidding. I was able to track it down at an infinity dealer. I bought it, went to a vacant parking lot, swapped it out in two minutes, started the truck and it worked. TAKE THAT MEAN AUTOSHOP TEACHER DUDE 20 YEARS AGO. And, btw, the new part number is 27151zt00a. I was told this number is linked to the others but it is the new number going forward (until they change it next week).
Thanks again posters.
The Following User Says Thank You to frogbass For This Useful Post:
baseballfanz (08-06-2010)
#28 (permalink) Old 08-06-2010, 01:13 PM
Premium User
Nissan Titan Status - Premium Member

Thanked 3,301 Times in 2,191 Posts

Good to hear, did they charge you Infiniti price or Nissan price?

2014 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara

Titan/Armada Part Numbers

Frequently asked fuse locations

305.5 WHP, 370.4 ft/lbs tq
#29 (permalink) Old 08-06-2010, 11:36 PM

iTrader Score: 5 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballfanz View Post
This is the correct part number for the vbc. Hope your dealer have one as there is a nation wide back order on these thing.
Part # 27151-ZM70A
Of course this would go out on my truck RIGHT NOW. Dealer said 2 weeks...

*SOLD :/* 2006 Smoke XE KC
Lucky Seahawks Mirror Ball, NISMO CAI, Detroit TrueTrac, BullyDog Tuned, RadFlo 2.0 Coilovers / 1.5" PRG Rear Blocks, 285/70/17 Nitto Terra Grapplers, 17" American Racing ATX Predator Teflon wheels, A.R.E. Z-Series canopy, Ultraliner Bedliner, Drink Docker cup-holders
#30 (permalink) Old 08-08-2010, 06:44 AM

Well yes. I actually called every Nissan dealer in a 75 mile radius ( what I was willing to drive with no AC in Texas) and finally called a dealler on the border of Texas and Oklahoma. I told him my story and he said he could look up what other dealers had!!!! The guy was cool. So I wrote 'em down and called. Sure enough the closest one was an Infiniti dealer that charged me $110.00 for the part. So I called back the first guy and he told me that's how much he charges too.
I got the "resistor" at an O' Reillys Auto Parts and returned it when I found out mine uses a VBC because it has the 16 speed control not 4. That was $60.00 but I had to pay $110.00 for the VBC. But initially I was quoted "Starting at about $300.00 for parts and labor" for the service department to do it! So I'm good, and ice cool again!

Jump to top