08' Titan Manual Shift not working!!!! - Page 2 - Nissan Titan Forum
Titan Problems & Dealer Service Having a problem with your truck? Dealer service got you down? Let us know here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
#16 (permalink) Old 12-19-2009, 10:59 AM
Premium User
Nissan Titan Status - Premium Member

Thanked 4,396 Times in 2,262 Posts
Garage
iTrader Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to MilenkoGT
Re: 08' Titan Manual Shift not working!!!!

mine stopped working after my transgo shift kit install last night, plus my temp guage is reading hot all the time

2008.5 Titan SE CC FFV 'Smoke'

UPREV J19K Tuning/LP mod/IAT Resistor Mod

Intake:
Proprietor of MGT90 Intake Manifold Project!
ported LS7 TB, Custom 4'' CAI with Ram air mod

Exhaust: DTLTs, CAJUN B-pipes 2.5'' catless mandrel SS
CAJUN 2.5''/3.5'' Merge Y kit, Borla XR1, Vibrant Bottle Reso, DC Sports Resonated Tip, dumped before axle.

Driveline: Transgo HD2, TruCool SR4588 with Bypass mod, PML trans pan, 3.36 gear with TruTrac
Nfabworks T-Bars. KMC 20x10 -24 offset wearing Cooper Zeon LTZ 305/50/20, R1 concepts front slotted rotors.

Dyno results

BEFORE 354rwhp/414rwtq

AFTER MGT90 Manifold & LS7 ported TB install

377rwhp/432rwtq

MGT90 manifold and LS7 TB setup gains

23rwhp/17rwtq!!!

TEAM VK56
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#17 (permalink) Old 04-20-2010, 12:21 AM

Thanked 1,125 Times in 430 Posts
iTrader Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via MSN to Toomnymods Send a message via Yahoo to Toomnymods

mine i can manually shift from 1-2 and 2-3 but 4 on dash is never lit and if i try to shift to 4th the trans just stays in third till i put it into OD then it will shift..

is this the problem some of you are having?

05' Blizzard White 4X2 KC SE SOLD
Performance mods: Toomany... click here for info:http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2685188

Videos are here: Http://www.youtube.com/user/Toomnymods?feature=mhum
12.3@109mph 7/9/10 HRP (New times coming soon!!)
93 Octane Map 523 RWHP / 573 TQ 1/31/13

New Ride: 2014 Sterling Gray Mustang Gt 3.73's, MT82 Trans, Forgestar CF5's /w Michelin PSS tires, JLT Carbon fiber CAI, Bama 93R Tune, Borla S Catback, DSS Alum driveshaft, BMR springs, LCA, UCA, UCA mount, Panhard, Panhard brace, LCA Relo brackets, Viking Dbl adj shocks, Strange Adj struts, GT500 USM's, MGW shifter

#18 (permalink) Old 04-20-2010, 12:44 AM

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

mine dont work either but I know why and it may be for some of you in here to. Nissan being as smart as the are made the length of the wires that run from the button to its connector to short. typically it is the black wire in my case it is also the brown wire. When you put the truck in park it extends the wires to there max and then tend to pull out of the plug over time(some times short and sometimes a long period of time). Nissan told me to bring it in and that they will fix it under warranty so I guess we will see.

SOCAL VK56 RACING
IRC VK56 Member
07CC2WD Performance:2*Advance, S&B w/ Ram Air, Dual Pro Street Spintech exhaust, Relentless catch can, JBA shorties, Magnaflow cats, Uprev Exterior:NCD Leveling, Tinted Tails, Blacked Headlights
#19 (permalink) Old 04-20-2010, 12:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyc07_king.titan View Post
well check this out. i have a 07 xe. my shift button stopped working. i went to the dealer today and they said it was not covered because i have aftermarket wiring from a alarm under the dash. they never even tried to check the switch they only wasted my time to find a way not to fix it. my alarm doesent shift my truck.

thanks "CENTRAL AVE NISSAN YONKERS,NY
Look up the law about dealerships doing that. There is some law out there cant remember the name but basically it states for dealership to say that they cant fix something under warranty because an aftermarket item voids the warranty they have to be ale to prove that whatever it is really did causes it.

SOCAL VK56 RACING
IRC VK56 Member
07CC2WD Performance:2*Advance, S&B w/ Ram Air, Dual Pro Street Spintech exhaust, Relentless catch can, JBA shorties, Magnaflow cats, Uprev Exterior:NCD Leveling, Tinted Tails, Blacked Headlights
#20 (permalink) Old 04-20-2010, 12:55 AM

Thanked 1,125 Times in 430 Posts
iTrader Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via MSN to Toomnymods Send a message via Yahoo to Toomnymods

i have the floor shifter.. did some research and think the : auto trans control device is malfuctioning.. 340.00 for this plastic piece of $hit..

05' Blizzard White 4X2 KC SE SOLD
Performance mods: Toomany... click here for info:http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2685188

Videos are here: Http://www.youtube.com/user/Toomnymods?feature=mhum
12.3@109mph 7/9/10 HRP (New times coming soon!!)
93 Octane Map 523 RWHP / 573 TQ 1/31/13

New Ride: 2014 Sterling Gray Mustang Gt 3.73's, MT82 Trans, Forgestar CF5's /w Michelin PSS tires, JLT Carbon fiber CAI, Bama 93R Tune, Borla S Catback, DSS Alum driveshaft, BMR springs, LCA, UCA, UCA mount, Panhard, Panhard brace, LCA Relo brackets, Viking Dbl adj shocks, Strange Adj struts, GT500 USM's, MGW shifter

#21 (permalink) Old 04-30-2010, 10:14 PM

Send a message via AIM to T.Johnson702

I want the earlier style 5 speed shifter on the center console for my titan..On my 08 Im lookin at putting a manual race style Art Carr 5 speed in there so I can lock the gear in the one i want and manualy change it to whatever gear or keep in drive...Ive got the stock computer style button lever shifter on the end of shift lever thats not to my liking..Wonder if I will be able to convert the setup that I want or need a new transmission? Anyone got any info?
#22 (permalink) Old 08-07-2010, 04:00 PM

Send a message via AIM to RiderBelle

why isnt there a recall on this? and does it affect my 06? My husband slams the shifter into gear every time he drives it. Will that cause the button to stop working?
#23 (permalink) Old 06-01-2012, 01:09 PM

Hey First Shirt, can you tell me which dealer did the job for you on a goodwill warranty? I live in the phx valley. Maybe I can get mine fixed that way also.

chulo boy
#24 (permalink) Old 06-01-2012, 02:31 PM
Premium User
Nissan Titan Status - Premium Member

Thanked 3,343 Times in 2,213 Posts
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by chulo boy View Post
Hey First Shirt, can you tell me which dealer did the job for you on a goodwill warranty? I live in the phx valley. Maybe I can get mine fixed that way also.

chulo boy
If you're out of warranty, it's not very hard to fix. Probably a wire that has broken inside the steering column. Look for a black wire that probably broke.
Auto to manual??

2014 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara

Titan/Armada Part Numbers

Frequently asked fuse locations

305.5 WHP, 370.4 ft/lbs tq
#25 (permalink) Old 10-21-2012, 12:29 PM

My 2008 Titan with 48,000 miles had the same problem with the manual shift not working on the trans shifter. After checking this forum out I took my steering colum plastic covers off and the plastic front panel off below the colum. Were the wires come out of the bottom of your shifter and go into the wire connector I found the black wire broke in two. Easy to fix, I removed the factory connector from the collum then unhooked the connector giving me more room to work with the wires. I trimmed back the factory wire sheath exsposing the wires then trimmed the two black wire ends back added a piece of wire shrink tube to the black wire, soldiered the two wires back together heat shrunk the wire. I then put the connector back together to check my work. Good as new shifter worked again. This hole process took about 30 min start to finish. The local dealer here in Boise said it was probably a fuse or the shifter would have to be replaced not covered by warranty. They also said if it was in the wiring harness it would not be covered under warranty.They said we were looking at around $500.00 to fix it either way. This seems to be a coomon problem with the Titan and you know all to well they know what the problem is from the start. When I get a chance I think I will make a video and put it on Youtube showing how simple of a fix this is.

Last edited by Titan trucker; 10-21-2012 at 12:33 PM. Reason: added more to post
#26 (permalink) Old 06-18-2014, 05:37 PM

My 04 has the column shift, and the light doesn't come on when you turn the manual shift mode on, but even more strange is the little tab that you "thumb" up or down is stuck in the "up" position. Anyone know if this is a new shift lever or can this be just a switch on the end or the shift lever? Just bought it today with only 70,000 miles and I love the truck!!
#27 (permalink) Old 10-19-2014, 03:38 PM

Well wanted to change my Tranny fluid. So I tried to put the truck in 1-4 gears. No luck.
I have the 2008 CC 132k miles. Took off the steering cover and sure enough the black wire is completely cut in half. Great. No room to work and this wire is right in line with the gear shifter, no wonder it broke. So time for some soldering I guess.
I'm sure the dealer will laugh me out the door if I mention this should be a recall.
But I'm going to report it. Live in Fla. Never seen snow or needed lower gears. With UpRev I want to stay in 4th around town. At 40mph I'm in OD. And that just won't do.
Anyone have a easy solution? Thx..

Jump to top