My Titan Heater blows! (but not hot air) - Page 2 - Nissan Titan Forum
Titan Problems & Dealer Service Having a problem with your truck? Dealer service got you down? Let us know here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
#16 (permalink) Old 12-13-2010, 02:58 PM

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Re: My Titan Heater blows! (but not hot air)

I have a 2005 with this same issue. Do you happen to know the Nissan Part number for the control valve or where it is located on the truck?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#17 (permalink) Old 12-14-2010, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfduke View Post
Bump... -10 this morning, barely any warm air to speak of in the cab. It hasn't heated up well at all this entire fall/winter really, but worked fine last winter that I remember.

Is there any TSB or anything I can print out and give to a completely inept dealer? They insist it's an air pocket in the system, yet they can't seem to get it out since it still blows lukewarm air constantly... Something is wrong. I went on a business trip yesterday and rode the entire 2 hour drive with the heat on full blast, full hot, and it was still barely comfortable inside. In the same truck last winter, that would have made you lose 10lb from sweating so damn much...

I am still under warranty, but the dealer insists there's nothing wrong. help?
I've got the same problem with my 05 SE @ 74K mi. Had to replace one of the Blend Door Actuators last week, but it is now blowing cool / luke warm air even after driving it long distances. Now the popping noise is gone and the air flow seems to change appropriately with the movement of the air control (vent, defrost, floor). So, I read the post about air pockets, as well as, the possibility of the valve controlling the coolant flow into the Heater Core. So, I am having the cooling system flushed & filled to evacuate any air pockets, as well as, a new thermostat & control valve installed. Hope this will address the issue because the weather we've had down here in Georgia this week bites!!! (single digit nights and highs below 30 during the day), with small children my truck is useless to me as a daily driver. Suppose I could get a small space heater and plug it into the an inverter!!!lol
#18 (permalink) Old 12-14-2010, 04:08 PM
Super Moderator
Nissan Titan Status - Premium Member

Thanked 2,842 Times in 1,882 Posts
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

If you have a good compressor and are into DIY, these work pretty slick: Amazon.com: UView 550000 Airlift Cooling System Leak Checker and Airlock Purge Tool Kit: Automotive

#19 (permalink) Old 12-14-2010, 08:18 PM

let us know how that works out for you. My truck blows cold in the winter too. Need it fixed BAD...
#20 (permalink) Old 12-15-2010, 06:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbherrin View Post
I have a 2005 with this same issue. Do you happen to know the Nissan Part number for the control valve or where it is located on the truck?
The part replaced is # 27743NC which is an actuator for the blend air door. After the third failure, they replaced the entire heater box assembly # 27010. There's been no issues since December of '08. I've attached a schematic showing the heater box assembly with an arrow pointing to the actuator. I got the scematic from courtesyparts.com which has alot of schematics and pricing for parts. It's a pretty slick site. There's a guy here at work with a 2006 and he's having the same issue and may try the repair himself. The problem is the compete dash cap and everything on the right side of the dash has to be removed and would be quite an undertaking as a DIY. If the truck is still under warranty, you just have to fight with them until it's fixed. The third time mine failed I was out of warranty and the 1 year part warranty for the actuator and had to contact the area warranty rep for Nissan to have the repair authorized free of charge.
Hope this helps and good luck!
Rob
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Titan heater & Blower unit schematic.pdf (94.1 KB, 1094 views)

2004 Crew XE Silver
Mods: Dynomax Duals w/black tips; Iron Horse steps; NCD Customs 2.5" level kit; ProComp 8069 black rims w/ProComp285-60-18 AT's; Dual HD stereo w/Infinity speakers, Profile 4 channel Amp; Tinted windows;
In channel vent visors;
#21 (permalink) Old 12-15-2010, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beason View Post
i had to replace my rad a month or so ago and my truck took forever to start heating this morning. any tips on making sure there is no air pocket in the core?
When I rebuilt the engine in my 69 Cutlass and added the coolant, I started the engine cold with the rad cap off and is it warmed up, the air bubbles came to the top of the radiator and I refilled as needed while the car was running and after 10 minutes or so, there was no more bubbles and I put the cap back on. After letting it set for a couple of hours to cool down, I removed the cap and topped off the coolant. Now this was on a 40 year old car, but it should be ok on a newer truck. But obviously you should NEVER remove the rad cap when the vehicle is already hot or you'll be running down the street screaming with you skin melting off like Richard Pryor did back in the day! But if you do it when cold, it should be ok. Just be careful!! Good luck! Rob

2004 Crew XE Silver
Mods: Dynomax Duals w/black tips; Iron Horse steps; NCD Customs 2.5" level kit; ProComp 8069 black rims w/ProComp285-60-18 AT's; Dual HD stereo w/Infinity speakers, Profile 4 channel Amp; Tinted windows;
In channel vent visors;
#22 (permalink) Old 12-16-2010, 08:20 PM

iTrader Score: 21 reviews

I actually recommend this one. I use this one at work, and its worth every penny. You don't have swap connections with this one.

Airlift Ii - Cooling System Tool - xxxw-uv-550500

Quote:
Originally Posted by bestatchess View Post
If you have a good compressor and are into DIY, these work pretty slick: Amazon.com: UView 550000 Airlift Cooling System Leak Checker and Airlock Purge Tool Kit: Automotive

#23 (permalink) Old 12-17-2010, 10:39 AM

Ok, in respects to the capabilities of a 1/2 Ton Gas burner, I have always been pleased w/ my 05 Titan. Having owned both a Ford & Chevy I believe the drivability of the Titan has surpassed my expectations, but I certainly wouldn't expect to have an issue such as this heater (not blowing hot air) in a superbly maintained vehicle w/ only 74K miles. And from what I have read many others are having the same issue even sooner.

Now last week, I replaced 1 of the 4 actuators mounted on the heater control box due to a popping noise under the driver side of the dash. Nissan wanted $45 for the part & $1,300.00 in (9.3 hours) to replace it. Another place quoted me $800. My mechanic did it in 45 minutes and charged me $75. So, the popping noise is fixed, but still blowing luke warm air.

So, after reading the post about the control valve on the Heater Core & air pockets in the cooling system, I flushed & filled the cooling system, replaced the thermostat & coolant control valve @ a cost of $305. And the heater is still blowing cool / luke warm air even after driving for considerable distances.

Signed 1 Dissatisfied Titan Owner,
#24 (permalink) Old 12-19-2010, 10:17 AM

Don't know if this would help anybody, but my heat has been very poor also. Sometimes blowing cool air no matter how long i've been driving. I noticed if I turn the heat control knob all the way until it stops, it is past the red heat marks. But if I back it up a click or two till it is pointing at the red marks it will start blowing warm/hot air(takes a few seconds to start). It also seems to help if I depress the air circulation button in the center of the blower knob to recirculate the air. This may be too simple a fix if you have a part malfuntioning but his has helped me a lot. Kevin
#25 (permalink) Old 02-18-2011, 07:28 AM

If you have a nissan titan !!!ATENTION!!!!! THE HEATER BOX is badly designed and should be repaired by the dealer, and being redesigned, this should be a recall, by Nissan.

IT IS A SAFETY HAZARD AND I TELL YOU WHY.

1) SOMES CITIES IN US THE TEMPERATURE REACHES !!!0!!! DEGREE W/O A HEATER YOU WINDSHIELD WILL GET FROSTED AND YOU WILL NOT SEE THE ROAD, YOU WILL CRASH.

2) HOW YOU TAKE YOUR 1 OR 2 YEARS OLD BABY TO THE DAY CARE WITH A TRUCK IN THIS CONDITIONS?
#26 (permalink) Old 02-18-2011, 07:36 AM

Nissan have to fix the heater box for free, in all nissan titan, we have to do something!!!!

I love my truck, is the best truck, i just want this heater box unit fix by nissan

casanova nissan titan owner!!!
#27 (permalink) Old 11-23-2011, 06:57 AM

Ok so it't my turn. I have a 06 with 31,000 miles. First time I turned the heater on a few weeks ago it only blew cold. Checked the heater hose tubes inside the dash behind glove box.--way hot so water is flowing. NOW my *****. When the truck was new and under warranty every time it took it to the dealer I complained about the heater/ac doors making noise after the truck had been turned of for about 45 seconds or so. Was told every time it was normal and not to worry about it. They never put that complaint on a repair order. Now they say it going to cost big bucks to replace the heater/ac box in the dash. About 800.00 for parts and 10 hours labor. Contacted NISSAN and final word is because no record of complaint the no help. My advice to all of you. Any issue you think you may have while under warranty---make them put it on a repair order for record
I have purchased 9 Nissan and Infiniti vehicles in the last 15 years and been mostly happy but think my next will be something else. While the company is good my dealer sucks.

Where do I sign up for the complaint to NTSB to start a recall
#28 (permalink) Old 11-23-2011, 07:04 AM

iTrader Score: 5 reviews

No Heat...Fixed

2008 Titan Majestic Blue Pro-4X Crew Cab with Big Tow
Air Box Mod with K&N Drop In, OEM Nerf Bars (Chrome),Screen Window Mod, Extang Trifecta Folding Tonneau, RAS, WeatherTech Floor Mats...more to come
The Following User Says Thank You to tywinter For This Useful Post:
jimcgov3 (02-26-2012)
#29 (permalink) Old 01-19-2012, 03:58 PM

My girl friend just bought a 08 titan in houston and on the way back to Kansas heater quit. Said it was going to cost 15 in parts and they would eat the labor and take about 1 and a half hours. Mean while getting cold in Kansass. Hope we dont go threw this every year.
#30 (permalink) Old 01-19-2012, 04:30 PM

iTrader Score: 1 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by tywinter View Post
This fixed my problem and many others on here. Good luck.

OLD 05 KC 2wd Galaxy Black
New 08 Pro4X CC LWB Galaxy Black
PlastiDip wheels
Bedliner cowl
Bedliner step bars
DIY Grille
DIY Back Window Screen
RAS
Extang Tuff Toneau Cover
JB Bright Arse Back UP Lights
R1 Concept Slotted Rotors with Hawk LTS Pads

Jump to top