My Titan Heater blows! (but not hot air) - Nissan Titan Forum
Titan Problems & Dealer Service Having a problem with your truck? Dealer service got you down? Let us know here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 11-07-2008, 12:35 PM

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Angry My Titan Heater blows! (but not hot air)

Ok, So I've seen all the threads about the heater, or lack there of, blowing hot or even warm air, but has anyone had it fixed for good? The actautor in the dash has been replaced 3 times in the last 3 years! Every year in October when we get the first cold snap. The first time was under the 3/36 and then under the 1yr part warranty for the actuator and the third time about a week ago the actuator again under the 1 yr part warranty. This time they tell me the A/C control unit also has an internal short and that that's what has caused the actuators to quit all 3 times and that I have to pay $460 parts and labor to replace it! After raising hell that if that was the case it should have been covered from the get go, they relented and covered it. But now a week later, guess what? No heat! WTF?? I'm reluctant to take it back since they pull the dash out every time and keep it for 3-5 days and I only got a loaner the first time. I don't think they know WTF they're doing. But I will take it back just so they know the didn't fix squat. I wonder if Nissan is aware of a fix and has put out a TSB? I guess there are worse things that could happen but an '04 with only 24k miles?!?! Sorry for the long thread but this is the rants and raves forum right? Thanks!! Rob
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 11-07-2008, 12:40 PM
Premium User
Nissan Titan Status - Premium Member

Thanked 21,595 Times in 12,894 Posts
iTrader Score: 18 reviews
Re: My Titan Heater blows! (but not hot air)

They owe you a decent repair.
ANd if it makes you feel better, my heater doesn't work either.

BaldWhore
Starfishwhore

Red meat is not bad for you.
Fuzzy green meat is bad for you.

You know you had a great night last night when you make it home the next day missing at least half your clothes.

It's not the zombies you have to watch out for. It's the stupid people.
#3 (permalink) Old 11-07-2008, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by walleeme View Post
They owe you a decent repair.
ANd if it makes you feel better, my heater doesn't work either.
Yeah, no doubt about that. You would think the dealer would have someone that knows what they're doing! It's not rocket science! Thanks....
#4 (permalink) Old 11-07-2008, 02:07 PM

iTrader Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to Bhudda454

not sure which dealer you been going to, try Tom Pea****, and ask for Mike in service. Or Jody in warranty. Seems like you are indeed owed a fix.

More importantly... You are in HOUSTON.... WTF do you need a heater for anyway? LOL

SOLD2008 Crew Cab SE Long bed 4x4
2011 Kia Sorento AWD - UAV Predator
OLD HOTNESS

NEW SEXY
#5 (permalink) Old 11-07-2008, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhudda454 View Post
not sure which dealer you been going to, try Tom Pea****, and ask for Mike in service. Or Jody in warranty. Seems like you are indeed owed a fix.

More importantly... You are in HOUSTON.... WTF do you need a heater for anyway? LOL
Yeah we use the heat maybe what, a couple dozen times all year, if that! But it does get a tad nipply here on occasion. I've been going to BakJack North. I should've known better going to a dealer with the initials BJ. Thanks!
#6 (permalink) Old 01-21-2009, 04:59 PM

Update!! Update!! I think they might have got it right this time!! After *****ing and whining to the service manager, they decided they would replace the brand new A/C control unit that they had just installed and also the ENTIRE heater box!! At no cost to me and they even put me in a rental car for seven days! It sucked driving a car for a week, but they tried to make it right and so far, so good. They never did know what the problem was but I guess if everything is replaced, eventually it'll work like it's supposed to. So $1200 bucks later on their dime and I have heat. And just in time for our 70 degree January weather in Houston!!

2004 Crew XE Silver
Mods: Dynomax Duals w/black tips; Iron Horse steps; NCD Customs 2.5" level kit; ProComp 8069 black rims w/ProComp285-60-18 AT's; Dual HD stereo w/Infinity speakers, Profile 4 channel Amp; Tinted windows;
In channel vent visors;
#7 (permalink) Old 01-21-2009, 05:24 PM

iTrader Score: 3 reviews

My heater is pretty weak as well, and I live in northern NY -10 this morning and I have a 2009.

Friends don't let friends add boost to their Titans...

2009 BLACK Crew Pro 4x
DT Long Tubes
Up-Rev tuned Stillen Supercharger
Level Ten Transmission
Level Ten Valve body
Level Ten TQ Converter 19kStall
Dana 60 with Tru-Trak
420rwhp 403rwtq

Returned to Stock nothing but problems...
#8 (permalink) Old 01-22-2009, 06:39 AM
Premium User

iTrader Score: 7 reviews

Did any one think to check if the coolant level was low. If the coolant level gets low then you can get an air pocket in the heater core & it will not heat up as well.

2007 dodge 3500 5.9 auto trans dually pulling a 2010 keystone sprinter 300KBS travel trailer.
the best has yet to cum
#9 (permalink) Old 01-24-2009, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nascarjody View Post
Did any one think to check if the coolant level was low. If the coolant level gets low then you can get an air pocket in the heater core & it will not heat up as well.
They checked that (and many other things) on my fourth return and said it was ok and that was when they ordered the entire heater box. I spoke with the head tech and he said they weren't sure what the problem was, but that this should fix it. And like I said, so far, so good, knock on wood. Time will tell. On to more important things like this Texas Titan Meet I see the advert for on your post. Have you been? Is there a website? Thanks, Rob

2004 Crew XE Silver
Mods: Dynomax Duals w/black tips; Iron Horse steps; NCD Customs 2.5" level kit; ProComp 8069 black rims w/ProComp285-60-18 AT's; Dual HD stereo w/Infinity speakers, Profile 4 channel Amp; Tinted windows;
In channel vent visors;
#10 (permalink) Old 01-28-2009, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgehemi0 View Post
My heater is pretty weak as well, and I live in northern NY -10 this morning and I have a 2009.
Amen brother! I'm in Syracuse and just now started accusing my Titan's heater of not performing up to my standards.
#11 (permalink) Old 01-31-2009, 10:51 AM

I had that problem in my 06 titan, it was a faulty valve in the climate control system. One trip to my dealer fixed the problem
#12 (permalink) Old 07-26-2009, 08:14 AM

i have a 2008 titan se my heater dont work, coolant level is fine, whats going on?
#13 (permalink) Old 10-29-2010, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HouTXTitan View Post
Ok, So I've seen all the threads about the heater, or lack there of, blowing hot or even warm air, but has anyone had it fixed for good? The actautor in the dash has been replaced 3 times in the last 3 years! Every year in October when we get the first cold snap. The first time was under the 3/36 and then under the 1yr part warranty for the actuator and the third time about a week ago the actuator again under the 1 yr part warranty. This time they tell me the A/C control unit also has an internal short and that that's what has caused the actuators to quit all 3 times and that I have to pay $460 parts and labor to replace it! After raising hell that if that was the case it should have been covered from the get go, they relented and covered it. But now a week later, guess what? No heat! WTF?? I'm reluctant to take it back since they pull the dash out every time and keep it for 3-5 days and I only got a loaner the first time. I don't think they know WTF they're doing. But I will take it back just so they know the didn't fix squat. I wonder if Nissan is aware of a fix and has put out a TSB? I guess there are worse things that could happen but an '04 with only 24k miles?!?! Sorry for the long thread but this is the rants and raves forum right? Thanks!! Rob

I have a Nissan titan 2006 I just fix my heater, I buy this part #27743ZH00A, I had to remove all the dashboard to get to where the part is located, I install the new part, and before I install the dashboard back on , I connect the air conditioning and heating control panel, to test!!!, everything works fine, but when I turned the air conditioning on , the door actuator bracket, moves as if it were to move out of the track, then the only solution is: do not bring the temperature control knob to the lowest, you need to go 2 clicks before , and the actuator will not come off the track, this door actuator is badly designed and should be repaired by the dealer, and being redesigned, this should be a recall, by Nissan.
#14 (permalink) Old 10-29-2010, 01:21 PM
Premium User

Thanked 4,548 Times in 2,533 Posts
iTrader Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to beason Send a message via MSN to beason Send a message via Yahoo to beason

Quote:
Originally Posted by nascarjody View Post
i had to replace my rad a month or so ago and my truck took forever to start heating this morning. any tips on making sure there is no air pocket in the core?

Ever growing mod list here

WhinyWhore™
#15 (permalink) Old 12-10-2010, 07:11 AM

Bump... -10 this morning, barely any warm air to speak of in the cab. It hasn't heated up well at all this entire fall/winter really, but worked fine last winter that I remember.

Is there any TSB or anything I can print out and give to a completely inept dealer? They insist it's an air pocket in the system, yet they can't seem to get it out since it still blows lukewarm air constantly... Something is wrong. I went on a business trip yesterday and rode the entire 2 hour drive with the heat on full blast, full hot, and it was still barely comfortable inside. In the same truck last winter, that would have made you lose 10lb from sweating so damn much...

I am still under warranty, but the dealer insists there's nothing wrong. help?

Jump to top