Power steering hose - Nissan Titan Forum
Titan Problems & Dealer Service Having a problem with your truck? Dealer service got you down? Let us know here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 12-15-2008, 01:02 PM

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Power steering hose

Dealership told me today that I have a leak in my power steering hose. $120 for the hose and another $140 for labor to replace. This was news to me as my fluid level has been fine and I have noticed any problems with it. Regardless, has anyone here replaced this very long, high pressure power steering hose? I have a 2006 with 42k on it.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 12-15-2008, 01:10 PM
Super Moderator
Nissan Titan Status - Premium Member

Thanked 2,842 Times in 1,882 Posts
iTrader Score: 4 reviews
Re: Power steering hose

Mine was replaced under warranty. It was seeping a bit.
The Following User Says Thank You to bestatchess For This Useful Post:
redneckpapa1996 (01-06-2009)
#3 (permalink) Old 12-15-2008, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bestatchess View Post
Mine was replaced under warranty. It was seeping a bit.
I think that is what is happening here. I'm out of the 3/36 warranty. Dealer told me that it's not part of the drivetrain...so my 5/60 warranty does not apply.
#4 (permalink) Old 12-31-2008, 02:24 PM
Premium User
Nissan Titan Status - Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKTitan View Post
I think that is what is happening here. I'm out of the 3/36 warranty. Dealer told me that it's not part of the drivetrain...so my 5/60 warranty does not apply.
I just got that news as well. I told them not to fix it right now since the tech said it wasn't leaking that bad and the fluid level was fine when I brought it in. Something I'll have to keep an eye on now....

AKA, Rusty Whore™
2004 Titan XE KC 4x4 DOB 12-15-2003
Compare your truck to mine and then kill yourselves!
#5 (permalink) Old 12-31-2008, 02:56 PM

iTrader Score: 4 reviews

Yeah my high pressure PS hose leaked, it was enough to be dripping from under the truck onto the driveway.

- 2004 Galaxy Black KC OR 4x4 -
Towing Mods: B&W gooseneck hitch, Nissan aluminum finned diff cover, Amsoil 75w-140 synth gear lube, Tekonsha Voyager brake controller, 7-way plug where the 12v bed outlet used to be.

Adam Model 2020 3-horse gooseneck trailer
#6 (permalink) Old 12-31-2008, 09:46 PM

I had mine replaced at about 32,000 on my '05 because it was seeping. I own several nissans of various years and IMHO they don't have he best hydrolic hoses. Of course oil leaks are a pet peave.
#7 (permalink) Old 01-01-2009, 05:37 AM

iTrader Score: 3 reviews

Is it easy to change? GM Sierras we have at work, are pretty simple usually.

2006 XE CC Pref Pkg BT with AEM Brute Force CAI, PowerAid TB Spacer, TB Reversed Valve ByPass Mod, 2007+ Intake, JBA Headers, MagnaFlow 24" Muffler, 2008+ Rear Axle, Stillen: F & R Sway Bars, Black Diff Cover, Engine Dress Up Kit, 4 pc StreetScene SS Mesh Grille, PRG End Links, Street Traction Bars & Shackles, UpRev Osiris Tuner 93 Performance Tuned, 18" SE Rims, Functional Hood Scoop ...

IRC VK56 Member "Special Operations"

MD Chapter Director
#8 (permalink) Old 01-01-2009, 09:21 PM

I suspect that it's not too bad to replace, and probably pretty similar to the GMC's. Fortunately mine was still under warranty so I didn't have to do it. I do know that I had to use a 12 inch to stop a leak after it was replaced. That was quicker than taking it back to the dealer. From my experience with my other cars I wouldn't hesitate to use an after market hose but they might not be available except from Nissan.
#9 (permalink) Old 01-06-2009, 04:35 PM

LoL i just took my truck in today to the dealership to get my manifolds replaced and the service writer called me and told me that my hose is leaking, he told me it was going to cost me $529 to fix it, I laughed at him and said no thanks ill fix it my self soo when i get my truck back i will let you guys no if it is easy to replace or not.
#10 (permalink) Old 01-29-2009, 01:59 PM

Same here, my 100k warranty runs out in 2k. They check everything today, changed a tranny mount, tranny cooler and a couple other things. They did say my high pressure power steering hose was leaking and they want $500. Please let me know if you were able to resolve yourself and how much it costs.
#11 (permalink) Old 01-30-2009, 02:29 PM

Well I cornered the dealer into covering the warranty. According to his 2008 book, only the preffered gold extended covers the hose. According to the parts list on the Nissan website listed in 2005, both the gold and the preffered cover it. Luckily I had a copy with me and since my truck is a 2005 I was grandfathered in. Anyone buying the gold after 08 is pretty much screwed.

Earnahart Nissan in Phoenix really did not want to hear this, they just wanted my $500 to fix the hose. What a way to treat your customers.
#12 (permalink) Old 01-30-2009, 02:56 PM

i think they all leak! whats funny is the leak is a joke on mine. it's not running or even dripping enough to effect the level but they acted like it had to be done.
All the dealers nationwide deal with this but still continue to stick it to people.
Everything I read it says something about a dealer trying to deny warranty work over and over again. why is that? I heard a theory about their warranty budget and parts of it sound kinda true the more I read.

TBONE
05 LE Big Tow,Belltech&Hellwig AntiSway,BDGT,ST shackles,4x4 coils, AEM CAI sealed, painted interior,Resonators gone-custom Flowmaster Super44 sideout dual tip,Black Rhinos sapi 20x9,HID35w6k lows&fogs,Armaden LED's everywhere,chrome rockguard,Armada air dam,TB bypass mod,07 intake manifold,09 rearend,Poweraid TBS, TB screen gone, polished TB intake,KeyFob mod.
http://www.titantalk.com/forums/members/slade8-albums-tbone-views.html
#13 (permalink) Old 09-01-2009, 04:23 PM

Mine is leaking bad too, stealership won't cover my warranty b/c I'm 2k over, extended warranty doesn't cover hoses! Does anyone know where it's located? I even went 3 levels up with Nissan and told them I'm going back to Toyota, this didn't give a crap! Stealership want's $382, the funny thing is I've seen online that some charge $300 all the way to $500 for the same fix...

#14 (permalink) Old 09-19-2009, 05:53 AM

I just found out that mine was leaking pretty badly. Had to fill up reservoir twice in two months. I took it to Goodyear to have the tires rotated (because the damn wheels were seized on to the rotors) and I had them look at the power steering unit because I knew that it had been leaking. They told me that the source of the leak was the high pressure hose. They wanted $327 to fix ($140 for hose, $90 for labor, $50 for power steering pump flush, and misc charges and tax). I am planning on doing this repair myself.
As a side note, this is, by far, the worst vehicle that I have ever owned! I have had it in the dealership at least six times while it was under warranty. The first was for the bad shimmy in the front end during braking, four more times trying to get the hvac damper issues fixed, and once when they had to replaced the back bumper because they had backed into a lightpole. I have a check engine light that has been on for two years (I have to replace a $70 evap solenoid that has rusted open). Nearly every bolt is corroded to the point of no return. The engine skid plate cannot be put back on because the bolts holding it to the frame corroded and snapped in half. The transmission makes a strong clunk when shifting from first to second gears (only the first time after starting the truck). I really love my truck, but I have very little faith in any of Nissan's products any more, and I don't think that I will ever by another Nissan product again.
#15 (permalink) Old 09-19-2009, 06:04 AM

Send a message via AIM to Duran

mine has a slow leak as well here is the oem part number and price
P/S Pressure Hose
#497207S000 $144.08

Jump to top