Trouble Code P0455 - Nissan Titan Forum
Titan Problems & Dealer Service Having a problem with your truck? Dealer service got you down? Let us know here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 01-08-2009, 10:54 AM

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Trouble Code P0455

Had my service engine soon (SES) light come on (63K miles) and had the local dealer diagnose the problem, Trouble Code P0455. In turn led to the faulty evaporator vent valve. The dealer replaced the valve and filter line then installed a valve assembly kit for the unit.

I asked why the need for the assembly unit and the service manager said it is for a design flaw that Nissan did not realize it was needed. The evap valve, in time, gets dirt and grit into it due to location in the rear. The service manager said this is common for Titans having 70-80K miles to have this problem.

FYI to those of you that are located in the midwest dealing with all elements of weather that may cause this problem. You may want to ask about the assembly kit that covers the evap valve. My costs were over $350.00 for this little problem. Eau Claire
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 01-08-2009, 01:24 PM

iTrader Score: 5 reviews
Re: Trouble Code P0455

You've got to be kidding me...I just got this code the other day and just logged in to post about it. Deja vu! Anyways this $350 business is not sounding good to me...any reason we can't inspect and clean the valve ourselves? Anyone know where this would be located on the truck? It seems like this should be covered under warranty if it is an admitted "design flaw"?!?!

I only have 35k on mine so I was hoping it was just a loose gas cap, so I cleared the code but it popped up again today...not looking forward to this trip to the dealers.

btw - did you notice any drop in MPGs when you got your code? I seem to have lost about 1.5-2mpg after getting this code.

*SOLD :/* 2006 Smoke XE KC
Lucky Seahawks Mirror Ball, NISMO CAI, Detroit TrueTrac, BullyDog Tuned, RadFlo 2.0 Coilovers / 1.5" PRG Rear Blocks, 285/70/17 Nitto Terra Grapplers, 17" American Racing ATX Predator Teflon wheels, A.R.E. Z-Series canopy, Ultraliner Bedliner, Drink Docker cup-holders
#3 (permalink) Old 01-08-2009, 01:49 PM

Okay so I did a forum search and found that this a commonly posted on issue...lots of helpful info here. I just called my dealership and have an appt for tomorrow morning - said everything would be covered under warranty...whew!

Lucky Seahawks Mirror Ball, NISMO CAI, Detroit TrueTrac, BullyDog Tuned, RadFlo 2.0 Coilovers / 1.5" PRG Rear Blocks, 285/70/17 Nitto Terra Grapplers, 17" American Racing ATX Predator Teflon wheels, A.R.E. Z-Series canopy, Ultraliner Bedliner, Drink Docker cup-holders
#4 (permalink) Old 01-08-2009, 07:29 PM

Once I had my truck at home, I was able to see the new parts installed. It was near the rear axle on the driver side. That made sense when I was told how dirt can get into the valve and cause it to stick.

Even if this is not your problem, I would inquire about the assembly unit that covers the valve. I have a 2004 Titan, not sure if there has been a design correction since that model year. Eau Claire
#5 (permalink) Old 01-09-2009, 08:33 AM

SeahawksTitan - After finding which correct words to use in my search, EVAP Valve, more things have come to my attention from other forums.

TSB NTB06-095b, which the dealer should be aware of, like my local dealer. Other links have talked people through how to replace and inspect the part yourself. I was looking up things late last night and now I cannot remember which links they were. Sorry about that.

During this time of year, the last think I want to do is crawl under my truck when it is barely 0 degrees outside and work on it. Eau Claire
#6 (permalink) Old 01-09-2009, 10:25 AM

Just got done at the dealership this morning, they tried to tell me it was likely a gas-cap issue. I am finding that hard to believe since it's happened twice and my MPGs have dropped, but they said they looked over the Valve and lines and everything looks fine.

Also just an FYI - I cleared my Bullydog prior to coming in so they wouldn't give me sh*t about that causing the code, and setting the tune back to stock reset the code so there was no SES light showing up. I think the lack of a code lighting up may have had something to do with them not wanting to do much for me this trip. Guess I'll have to just drive it and wait for it to return.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Titan Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jump to top