Nissan Titan Forum banner

Got the shakes!!!

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  spta97 
#1 ·
What should I double check? The T shakes a little whenever I slow down and start to brake. I don't feel it while running at low or high speed. Feel through the truck and steering wheel. I just installed Bilstein HD's upfront and 2 week old tires. I've double checked all bolts already.

#2 ·
Could be the "death wobble" if you're sure everything in your suspension is bolted down. If you still have stock brakes that's probably what it is. Maybe look into some R1 concepts or frozen rotors.

#3 ·
It sounds like your rotors are "warped". I put that in quotes because rotors really don't warp but they get pad deposits on them which cause the vibration in the peddle / steering wheel. Nissan OEM brakes are notorious for this.

Many of the guys here run frozen rotors but they are $$$$$$$$$$. Us Armada guys often run the R1 Concepts. I got the premium slotted / drilled front and back with Centric Posi-Quiet pads all around for about $600 delivered. They are a great company to deal with and I have been very happy with the performance.

If you are feeling cheap, you can take off your OEM rotors and have a shop cut them. This will keep you good for 6 months or so (less in the hot weather) but it will come back. Regardless what you do make sure you bed them in as instructed HERE.

I wrote up a review on the R1 Concepts on the Armada board HERE

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.