Long Bed Lift problem - Nissan Titan Forum
Titan Suspension Technical discussion about the suspension components.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 10-30-2012, 01:24 PM

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Long Bed Lift problem

Hey guys after spending so much time trying to diagnose my vibration problem on my 2009 Pro4x with a procomp lift radflos and a 4" block, I took it to a local shop.

Well first my problem is vibration in the steering wheel and pedals at various speeds over 55mph.

I have a angle problem on the rear driveshaft, the cst drop bracket lowered the carrier bearing too much. Although they are confident they can fix that pretty easily.

They found that the front end is causing a lot of the vibration, by taking the front shaft off the vibration in the steering is almost non-existent. The u-joints on the front shaft were replaced last week, and that didn't help. They are doing some more research for me, in the meantime has anyone had to shim the front driveshaft with a pro-comp lift? I'm not sure how involved that is, and quite frankly I'm not sure it would be worth doing that or if I would just take the lift off.

2009 Blizzard Crew Cab Pro4-X LWB
Prg 6" Procomp Radflo kit with 3" rear blocks at 2degrees, Prg street traction bars, Air lift Ridecontrol, Prodigy brake controller, Magnaflow 22" oval dumped

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 10-30-2012, 02:15 PM

Thanked 3,341 Times in 2,467 Posts
Garage
iTrader Score: 8 reviews
Re: Long Bed Lift problem

are the tires balanced properly?

2011 White CC pro4x
Flowmaster Y
Banks Muffler/ 3" tail pipe/ 5" black tip
Airaid MXP 4" Intake
PRG UCA's
Bilstein 5100's Middle Perch/2" spacer
PRG Camber Bolts
Homemade Traction Bars/ 1" rear lift blocks
Fuel Boost 18x9
Toyo Open Country ATII 325-60-18
BORA 1.25 Wheel Adapters/ Pinch Weld Mod
6K HID's
10" Sub/Kenwood Amp
Weathertech Floor Mats

Traded In: 06 KingCab 4x4
6" ProComp, Bilsteins 5100's, 08 4x4 coils, PRG UCA's, Banks CatBack, Nismo Cai, Superchips Cortex, Custom Bumper, 35's on 18's
#3 (permalink) Old 10-30-2012, 02:22 PM
Premium User
Nissan Titan Status - Premium Member

Thanked 6,985 Times in 5,009 Posts
iTrader Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DeadRiver

shim should be easy, the long beds look good lifted :thumbsup

I'm not sure which shim thickness you'd need with a long bed though..

2004 Sedona Titan LE CC 4wd
75,000 mi. 1/22/14

Link to DeadRivers' Overhead Racks with Bed Extender MOD Link to DeadRivers Titan Photos
2° | Sliding Bed Extender | 07 Bed Divider | OEM Overhead Racks | 10" BA Sub in a www.tech12volts.com Enclosure

PA Chapter Director

Link to MPV Titans Facebook Page
I should stop having my suit dry cleaned, it seems to kill people.
I'm not worried, I have a Titan with 4wd and a pair of balls.
You can lead a moron to knowledge but you cannot make him think.
I should probably buy more bullets.
The Urinator™
#4 (permalink) Old 10-30-2012, 03:39 PM

I believe the tires are good, but I will probably have them checked again this weekend.

And where would I shim for the front driveshaft? The front diff has no adjustment on the procomp bracket does it?

Prg 6" Procomp Radflo kit with 3" rear blocks at 2degrees, Prg street traction bars, Air lift Ridecontrol, Prodigy brake controller, Magnaflow 22" oval dumped

#5 (permalink) Old 10-30-2012, 04:29 PM

iTrader Score: 1 reviews

I just had my 11 LWB lifted with the pro comp lift. The kit came with a 3" rear block. I do not like the way the truck is sitting with the cali look. I looked into using a 4" block for the rear instead. I was told by numerous people from this site as well as my mechanic that this would infact cause a drive line vibration. Pro comp does not make a 4" block for our trucks. I was contemplating using the cst block but was informed that using the cst block would void the 5yr 60k warranty that pro comp now offers. So I am leaving it alone.. Good luck. Be sure to keep us informed.
#6 (permalink) Old 10-30-2012, 04:54 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to TURNandBurn
Quote:
Originally Posted by smurphfish View Post
I just had my 11 LWB lifted with the pro comp lift. The kit came with a 3" rear block. I do not like the way the truck is sitting with the cali look. I looked into using a 4" block for the rear instead. I was told by numerous people from this site as well as my mechanic that this would infact cause a drive line vibration. Pro comp does not make a 4" block for our trucks. I was contemplating using the cst block but was informed that using the cst block would void the 5yr 60k warranty that pro comp now offers. So I am leaving it alone.. Good luck. Be sure to keep us informed.
That's ridiculous. There's no way a different block can void a warranty. That's insane.

2008 BLIZZARD CC LE LWB
Flow Monster X pipe/Dual DynomAX bullets dumped w/ DC Sports 4" resonated exhaust tips..!!
8K LSAL HID LOWS/FOGS
CST 4'' LIFT SPINDLES/BIlstein 5125 rear shocks
35" Nitto Trail Grapps
Dirt KIng UCA's
Maxtrac 3" rear blocks
Saw 2.5 Race Runner Coilovers
#7 (permalink) Old 10-30-2012, 05:17 PM

I have a LWB with the PC1 lift. The carrier bearing drop bracket will make a big difference....at least it did for me. I had a 5.5" block(bought it that way) I took that out and replaced with the original 3"-much better!! I have no shims at all.
#8 (permalink) Old 10-30-2012, 05:28 PM

iTrader Score: 1 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURNandBurn View Post
That's ridiculous. There's no way a different block can void a warranty. That's insane.
Agreed; though that is what the pro comp installer was told from pro comp!
#9 (permalink) Old 10-30-2012, 05:34 PM

Thanked 2,137 Times in 1,539 Posts
iTrader Score: 5 reviews

For the love of god don't remove that lift!! Lifted LWB T's look amazing. It wouldn't be right to remove the lift. Hopefully its just something simple. I hope you get it fixed quick. Also think you could hook us up with some pics. LWB T's are very hard to find pictures of. If I end up buying new for my next T I am going to really look into getting a LWB.

2006 Radiant Silver 4x4 CC LE

Performance: JBA 6400S Long Tube Headers, Cajun 2.5" Reso B Pipes, 2.5" to 3.0" CAJUN Y Pipe, TAP Auto Mid Pipe, Borla XR1 16" 40944, Gibson Side Swept Tail Pipe, Spectre 4" Reso Tip, Vibrant UQ Reso, Uprev Tuned by Seymore4 at CAJUN and K&N Drop In Filter
Suspension: NCD 2" Leveling kit and PRG cam bolts
Wheels: Fuel Boost 18x9" with 20mm offset, 275/70-18 Toyo Open Country AT2's
Audio: Sundown Audio E10 V2, Mbquart1 Custom Harness, Precision Power BK1800.1D, Sky High Audio 1/0 gauge ofc wiring
Misc: Full Interior/Exterior LED's Plus Super Reverse 2.0 Lights From LegitLED, TonnoPro TriFold Tonneau Cover, Cajun Axle Vent

Future Mods: Light Bar, Bilstein 5100's
#10 (permalink) Old 10-30-2012, 05:57 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to TURNandBurn
Quote:
Originally Posted by smurphfish View Post
Agreed; though that is what the pro comp installer was told from pro comp!
That's why I always keep a bullsh1t flag in my backpocket! Lol.

2008 BLIZZARD CC LE LWB
Flow Monster X pipe/Dual DynomAX bullets dumped w/ DC Sports 4" resonated exhaust tips..!!
8K LSAL HID LOWS/FOGS
CST 4'' LIFT SPINDLES/BIlstein 5125 rear shocks
35" Nitto Trail Grapps
Dirt KIng UCA's
Maxtrac 3" rear blocks
Saw 2.5 Race Runner Coilovers
#11 (permalink) Old 10-30-2012, 06:10 PM

The vibration from the rear block can be fixed, I have no doubts about that, its just a game of finding the right angle. Any good custom 4x4 shop can fix that. As far as voiding the warranty, I doubt I even have one since I installed it myself. The carrier bearing drop is actually making my vibration worse, it lowered the carrier bearing about an inch too far.

My problem is the front end, particularly the front driveshaft, going from the t-case to the front diff. They believe that is the problem, and if it is how could that be fixed? They mentioned possibly a custom front driveshaft.

What I will probably do is have the shop correct my rear driveshaft angles so I am vibration free without the front driveshaft installed. Then I will take make sure the tires are balanced and put the front shaft back on and see how bad it is and then go from there.

#12 (permalink) Old 11-01-2012, 10:19 AM

Not that I can add anything, but I have an 08' Pro 4x LWB and it had the lift on it when I bought it. It looks good and drives nice, but I have no clue about these things. I'm told "and it was measured", that I have a 3" block on the rear. Was told it was a Pro Comp lift. I just had some 5100 bilsteins put on. I also have the stock struts on with a 4" spacer on the fronts. That's getting changed to Bilsteins HD when they finally get here. Maybe a spacer like what I have could help your problem. My truck drives more smooth than my stock 03' Chevy.....and I even have a shot strut on the passenger side. The truck is level with this set-up.
#13 (permalink) Old 11-01-2012, 08:48 PM

iTrader Score: 11 reviews

May I suggest something to all you lift guys....Remove the front driveshaft and then go drive the truck...if the vibration disappears, then you know it's the front that's needs help, if it doesn't then you know to look at the back...

Titan KC SE 2wd StreetFighter...(Step away from the Titan)
PRG Performance Kit w/SAW's
including rear SAW 2.25" Piggys
Rear Bumpy-Bumps
35" General Red Letter Grabbers on Pro Comp 1028 Wana-be Bead lock wheels
3.73 Gears and TruTrac for Gription
Born 9/2004
I replaced the factory air in my tires with a Citrus scented air package...
Oh yeh....I replaced the screw that holds on the mirror with a trick black oxide one that nobody will see or care about...

2002 Honda XR650R
#14 (permalink) Old 11-03-2012, 09:29 AM

I have a theory, and I could be completly wrong, but when I remove the front shaft a lot of vibration in the steering wheel decreases but not in the pedals. So I believe vibratiion from my rear shaft is transfering to the front (the steering wheel) via the t-case and front shaft. Any thoughts?

#15 (permalink) Old 11-15-2012, 06:10 PM

iTrader Score: 10 reviews

Any resolution on this yet? Ive had the vibration for awhile. I have a 4" tapered block in the rear. No carrier bearing drop either. Was told 4x4 didn't need the drop. Then heard 4x4 LWB does.
Anyhoo.. Vibration was there with 3 inch block. Added PRG spacer, vibration still there. Added 4" tapered, it got a bit worse. But hated the draggin *** look a well, and the 4" block leveled it out.

2008 Nissan Titan LE CC 4x4 LWB

Mods

Jump to top