Nissan Titan Forum banner

5100's or 5125 rear

6K views 21 replies 10 participants last post by  Mike @ TAP 
#1 · (Edited)
Got my metalworx uca on route and ordering the rest of the parts for my lift right away going with 5100 up front just wondering if the 5125 are "better" for the rear or is there no real difference. I'd like something that will keep the rear from sagging as much as stock when I tow.

#2 ·
If you aren't lifting the rear more than one inch then the 5100's are fine. If you are going to lift the rear any higher than that then you will need to get the 5125's that will accommodate the extra height. As far as ride difference is concerned Ive heard they're almost the same with the 5125's being a stiffer ride but I don't know that for fact. I'm running the 5100's in the rear with a 1 inch block and I'm happy with them.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

#3 ·
Ah we'll I plan on doing 5100 front mid perch with a 1.5" spacer and a 1.5" rear block so I take it I'll need 5125 then

#4 ·
I have the 510's0 on the back and a 1.5" block without any issues, but not sure if having the Topper on the back affects anything though.

#5 · (Edited)
Hmm that added weight may make it different. I guess I can just go 5125 anyways not much more money so no big deal. Will the 5125 not fit properly if say it were not a 1" rear block or just ride a little rougher

#6 ·
I can't say on the Titan, but I had 2" lift on the rear of my frontier, decided to put 5125's on the back for 2-4" lift and it made the ride so much better over the stock 4600's, even before the lift. I had 5100's on the top perch and my front was kind of harsh, but once the rear went over the same bump or whatever in the road it absorbed everything great!

#8 ·
Yeah that's helps cause I'll have the 1.5" rear block so I'll get 5125 for rear. Thanks guys

#9 ·
There are 3 different 5125 options. You need the right size for your application. You can't just buy any 5125 and make it work. Go on prg website to look for part numbers. If you order from him its an extra $30 and he puts the proper bushing in for you. Otherwise you have to make sure the bils you buy come with the proper bushing and instal them yourself. Not sure how easy it is.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#10 ·
hmm you guys think i can run just 5100 for rear its only .5" higher with a 1.5" rear block

#11 ·
You'll be fine. 5100's with a 1.5" block is perfectly fine.

#13 ·
Bumping an old thread!

I was also wondering about doing a 1.5" block in the rear with 5100s and wa curious if this is ok for a 05' 4X4? Though I would ask as the 08+ are different.

I plan on doing a 2" spacer in front too FYI.

#15 ·
I had the 5100's and recently switched to the 5125's. You will be fine with the 5100's but the 5125's are a touch firmer (nice if you tow or usually put heavy stuff in the bed) and give you about an additional 1" - 1.5" of travel. I think they are an additional $20 for the 5125's, wish I would have just done the 5125's to begin with.

#16 ·
Thanks for the response. I do use the truck to tow a vintage Airstream trailer so maybe I should go with the 5125s?

So is the travel just reduced? Would I only be able to tell if I was off-roading? The truck doesn't really go off road, just street and towing the trailer.

#17 ·
The travel is over all. It's in the valving of the shock. You'll most likely notice more smooth of a ride amd better handle with sag if you do 5125's, but the 5100's aren't bad by any means.

#18 ·
Agree, doubt you would really notice the difference in the travel. They are both excellent shocks and a huge upgrade over stock. Either way you go, you will not be disappointed.

#19 ·
Bumping old thread but this is were search lead me haah.. Sorry right now have the 5100 set on middle perch up front and looking to get 5125s for rear..... Can I order one and run now that will also accomdate my RC or Pro Comp 6" lift im going to do in few months? Like to only purchase one set if possible.. I keep looking at lengths and just get confused on which to order... Thanks for input you guys always give best advice..

#20 · (Edited)
You can't run a 5125 that's for a 6 inch rear right now without the lift. I beleive there are 3 different lengths or travel of the 5125 so you need the right one.

#21 ·
Simple answer is no. If you plan on running a bracket lift in the near future, just wait. You will save yourself money. I assume you are going with a bracket lift because you are 4wd. So the bilstein 5125 part number 33-186559 would be what you want. The pro comp lift comes with a 3" block and the rcx comes with 4" block to lift the rear. Here is tap autos bilstein guide and it's great. Should answer any questions you have on which bilsteins to go with. I bought mine through tap and they got me set up with the bushing kit you will need. They are great to do business with

http://www.titantalk.com/forums/tit...an-titan-bilstein-shock-suspension-guide.html

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.