Nissan Titan Forum banner

Lifting a 2WD

4K views 30 replies 11 participants last post by  mikemizell 
#1 ·
I have a 2WD Titan and am looking to lift it. Was curious what the difference is in a actual lilt kits versus a spindal lift? is one better than the other? do they both have the same outcome? what's the highest you can go on both? what are price differences?
Thanks

#2 ·
There are a lot of threads on this if you just run a search. Since you are 2wd you will benefit more from a spindle lift in most instances. It will net you 4" of lift, and when coupled with other parts can make a great 6" of lift. There bracket lifts are straight out the box but all of them have different pros and cons depending on which bracket lift you install. You have to tell us exactly what you want to achieve before we can truly help you since there are so many variables.

#4 ·
Thanks guys, I am wanting to have about at least a 10-12" lift when done. I am looking to get new rims and tires and the tires I want are the lower style profile tires. So that's gunna lower truck with those, so was looking at CST 8" or the 12" Bulletproof (very expensive).
I installed Fabtech 7" lift kit on my Ford awhile back and was pretty easy. but never looked into just the spindle lifts because they didn't seem to lift as high.

#6 ·
What are you going to use your truck for? Are you going to always stay on the street, will you go mudding sometimes, desert running? Bulletproof lifts have awesome height and stance, but are pretty much worthless for offroading, since it is just too high and the tires to fit it are too big for most offroading situations (I know people that run 38's-40's on this truck). If you want a performance offroading machine, bulletproof isn't the way to go.

I would start with the CST 8 inch lift. Since you have a 2 wheel, you can do the CST spindles, which is one of the best and strongest suspension components made. The CST kit also comes with new upper control arms, which you will want eventually, and you can pick up the 4 inch leaf springs with the kit for the rear (at this height, you will have a prerunner look). After that, you can add in dirt king coilovers, and adjust them up a couple inches, and then you can add in a 4 inch block in the rear (which will make it very close to level).

All of this will net you about 10 inches of lift in the front, which according to your specifications, is the minimum height you are looking for. At this height, you can run 37's, which is honestly about the biggest you want to go for offroading performance. This path is much cheaper, and honestly I think this plan would look much better than a bulletproof lift.

#7 ·
Thanks guys. Well I bought the CST 8" lift kit from bassn8tr. I am not planning on doing any 4 wheeling. I just really want the look. if I do it will not be anything big, just sometimes dirt rds every blue moon. this is what I'm thinkin..... 8" suspension lift, 3" body lift 20" wheels with 35's Maybe 37's. working on getting a chip, exhaust super 44 true dual's, cold air intake???

#8 ·
If your going 11" of lift and putting 35's on it then what's the point? Why not get a 6 inch lift and 35's. If you're going 11" might as well get 38's or so.

#9 ·
^^^ what he said. You'll definitely want bigger than 35s with that amount of lift. And ditch the Blowmasters and go with Borla

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#13 ·
Yea he's already bought the 8" lift I say forget the body lift and you can still fit 37s no problem

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#16 ·
Oh okay, yeah we're on the same page with that.

But forreal mikemezell, if youre committed to the 11 inches, get at least a 37. Getting a 35 at that height would be getting all dressed up in a suit, and putting old tennis shoes on. I would do what beachside said, and forget the body lift, they aren't very good to your truck.

#17 ·
Thanks guys for the info. I really don't want to regear the rear end if it's gunna cost 800-1000. under that I might consider it. Well to start I will install the 8" lift and run 35's go from there and see how I like it. Then when the tires wear out I will think about moving along up higher.

don't know why I'm stuck on Flowmasters. I had them before and sounded great. Scared to try something new I've haven't heard in person. I'll have to look into Borla.

#18 ·
They sound good on other vehicles but not ours. They will sound fine until you get above 1/2 throttle they will sound horrible. Popular choices are going to be borla, Gibson, and magna flow. If you're looking for loud and deep and are not planning on going headers look into the Gibson metal Mulisha.

#20 · (Edited)
Here is my truck with a CST 8", Radflos added to the front, and C-30 deavers added to the rear. 10" lift in front and 6.5" in rear. With 35" tires. I had 37s and the performance/gas mileage was too horrible to put up with for the sake of looking good and being taller

Here is pic with 37s. 37s looked better but the performance and gas mileage out weighed that with the 35s

#21 ·
What do your front fenders measure up to, with 35's on it? I installed Radflo 2.5 coilovers yesterday (with a procomp already on it) on 35's, and my front measures at 45 inches. Rear is at 44, with the 4 inch block and deaver c30 Add a leaf (also installed yesterday). Somehow the coilovers added about 3 inches to my front, and they aren't even adjusted up any...im guessing this is because my stock struts wore so worn and sagging that new springs automatically added it back.

#25 ·
Hopefully it wont settle too much cause I like it exactly as it sits now hahaha

#26 ·
Man, those have to be the cleanest front wheel wells I've ever seen except for mine. lol!

#30 ·
Yeah I rack in at 11 most days with 35's and 3" of lift :lol:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.