Nissan Titan Forum banner

Fox 2.0 vs Bilstien 5100 ?

8K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  RedTitan2007 
#1 ·
I see alot of guys that choose the 5100 over the fox setup, is this only based on cost? Reason im asking is when my front shocks finally go ill be looking to upgrade and im not really interested in fighting the spring compression on the 5100s. So for arguments sake lets say I took my 5100s to a shop to install ($65/hr labor rate) vs just putting in the the fox unit in my driveway. How would cost shake out between the two? I see TAP has the fox for $710 for the fronts. How does the Fox system perform? Thanks for your thoughts.

#2 ·
Are you looking for lift? I would not put either of those on a truck unless you intend to offroad, some.

#3 ·
Great question, no im not looking to lift or do much off road driving. Are both of these too stiff? Ive used Bilstien HD 4600 in the past and they felt great in normal driving. I was looking at these to help level out the truck without the use of adapters.

#11 ·
I agree, I have realistic expectation as i do use this as a truck to haul stuff and will hopefully be towing a 20' boat next season. My thought is this. I could buy the 5100's and pay a shop a couple hours worth of labor to intall or I could just buy the Fox setup with the coils already on for a little bit more and do it myself in the driveway. I have no doubt either way will give me a better ride. What would the cost be roughly on the 5100's with 08 springs and then a couple hundred bucks for install? if I'm anywhere near $700 i'd just as soon buy the fox setup.

#5 ·
I just put Fox 2.0 all around, and can say that they are way better than stock - it's not even close. They might not have turned it in to a trophy truck, it just feels like they have... :big_grin:

I've not had the 5100s, and am sure they are very capable from all of the positive comments about them, but I have not been disappointed. I would get the Foxes again without hesitation.

Throw in spacers and '08 springs plus the install on the Bills and the Foxes are still a couple hundo more. Are they worth it, what do you think? Maybe - maybe not, do you ever drive on rough roads, dirt roads, or go off road? Ever see loose gravel or park on the grass? Whatever it takes.... :laugh:

#6 · (Edited)
Scratch that. I missed the part about leveling.

#7 ·
The Fox 2.0 will level you without adapters, and they are not stiff, but may be overkill if you're only on smooth pavement.

Reactions: RedTitan2007
#8 ·
I'll have a set of 5100's with 08 4x4 coils for sale soon with about 30k on them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.