Nissan Titan Forum banner

Driving Myself Crazy Lol (See Video)

4K views 66 replies 9 participants last post by  honda250xtitan 
#1 · (Edited)
So I have a rattling/clunk in the front after my lift install. I did not do it myself, I had an offroad shop install everything.

They installed the PC 6" lift, Icon bracket lift coilovers, and dirt king billet tie rods ends in the front along with my 35" Toyo M/T's.

Seems to be on the driver's side. Couldn't see anything trying to run along side it as my wife drove it.

I do not get this sound driving down the road at highway speeds, at least not that I can hear. I get this sound on really bumpy roads at low speeds or grass like the video in low speeds. It is not CBC. I already had DK heimed UCA's installed from when I had my mini lift to fix CBC previously.

Any suggestions would be great. I have already taken it back and had them look it over and retorque everything. They didn't find anything. I'm going to take it back on Monday, but wanted to see if you guys could give me any guidance.

I've researched quite a bit, but can't find anything that applies to me.

Wait until I stick my phone out the window to hear the sound very well.

See less See more
#2 ·
#3 ·
Nobody have any ideas?

#5 ·
Stock shocks? No. I have brand new icon bracket lift coilovers on the front and icon shocks in the rear.

And no they will be driving it Monday. In their defense, it will not do it on regular highway driving. Only over bumps going slowly. So they probably never noticed it.

#6 ·
Well after sitting at the shop for over two weeks and them going through everything multiple times, still no luck on finding the culprit for the sound.

They are thinking it is the driver's side coil over itself making the noise. So now I have to get it removed and send it back to icon, etc.

#7 ·
ha that sounds familiar.

do you have led pods in the fog light holes?
Do you have a loose wheel hub plastic cover thing?
Have you removed the sway bar to see if that fixes the issue (just taking off the end link will be enough to trouble shoot)
Can you feel it in the floor board? maybe the LCA bushings are shot (lol maybe.....more like definitely)

#8 ·
Just the factory fog lights, hub cover was good, removing sway bar didn't help.

Can feel it in the floor board slightly. I don't think they checked the LCA bushings, but surely they couldn't be shot with only 8k miles. Guess weirder things have happened though.

#9 ·
i think mine clunked from day one tbh. nissans injected moldings (cheap bushings) suck. maybe get Avmaldo to machine a set of delrin washers, you can notch them and pop them in without taking anything apart, takes up the space between the tab and the lca at the frame mount.

basically what happens is the LCA has room to move forward and backwards creating a small clunk on little bumps.

PRG Products

#10 ·
Oh man do I ever feel your pain, my clunk is now gone as far as I can tell since getting them installed again on Friday.
My problem was definitely the coilover on the driver side an the sound was similar to yours. Would only do it over imperfections in the road or grass like you say. Highway speeds I never noticed it.
Hopefully it's your lower control arm like Honda is talking about

#11 ·
Well, shop said they do not think it was the LCA's. They are still set on it being the coil over. Going to pick up both to send back to Icon first thing tomorrow. I'm sure that won't be a super fast turnaround, but if that finally fixes the clunk then it will be worth it.

#12 ·
I'm sure your turn around time will be much faster then mine was lol
Hopefully that fixes your issue, do you not have the stock struts an 6" spacer to put in? That's how I knew it was the coilovers for sure, was driving the truck home noise free but riding like **** hah

#13 ·
What do you know, Icon says the coil overs are fine. Now I can understand when some people say they just want to get rid of a vehicle.

Back to the drawing board.

#14 ·
Greg tried saying that at first also until he really had a good look over them

#15 ·
#17 ·
I'm up for anything at this point. If that was it though, wouldn't you think it would have done it before the lift install? And would that still make the noise shaking the coil-over while the truck is stationary?

#16 ·
Once you know thats the issue, buy some boxed LCA's from DK.

#18 ·
Just my 2 cents.. -make sure you have the coil overs on the side there suppose to be on. -derlin spacers for the LCA. -And I would check the coil drum. You can be hitting on that with UCA. And if that don't fix your problem.. I would get on the phone with Greg over at prg. One more thing. Check all the bolts. To make sure there Torque specs. One lose bolt can make a huge difference. When I do my lift in a few weeks. I'm getting torque specs from the dealership manual. Not -Pro-Comp. Because every truck is different.

#20 ·
I highly doubt its the LCAs; you've mentioned it didn't make any noise prior to the lift. Also, worn out or failed LCAs bushings will cause it to make noise on hard stops, forward or reverse.

One way to rule out if the noise is because of the coilovers is to swap the driver side to the passenger side and vice versa. Obviously, if the noise switches to the passenger side, the ICON coilover is the problem.

#27 ·
mine didn't make noises in any of those. just on small bumps, instead of the suspension moving up and down for the small bump, the entire LCA would just move backward lmao

#22 ·
Nope. Coil overs are still at Icon. Haven't been able to get anyone to even respond to me in 3 days. Not impressed with their customer service at all.

#24 ·
Also curious where you got your icons from?

#25 ·
Tap

#26 ·
Ive told Mike a bunch of times, open a shop. start doing your (tap) own servicing. if they can find guys who service stuff like how mike and Chas do sales, it'd be awesome.

#28 ·
I definitely wish Icon had customer service like TAP. Lol. They were inspecting them to see if they could find an issue on Tuesday and we emailed back and forth a couple of times. They said they couldn't find anything wrong and I gave them some more info on what was happening. Then I've sent emails everyday since then and nobody will even give me a response. Depending on how it plays out, I'm very close to never doing business with or recommending them again.

#29 ·
Finally got an update this afternoon from Icon.

They said that when they went back over the coil overs, they discovered that the piston's valving was stacked incorrectly. Everything else was correct. They said that the only thing they could think of with this is that the incorrect valving allowed the shock to rebound with so much force that is may be causing the coil bucket to flex and cause the noise to travel through the frame.

I'm not sure if that could cause the issue I've been having, but I sure hope it fixes it.

#30 ·
I would be asking for a refund. And get on the horn with Greg and order some radflo. Talked to Greg and radflo today. About your problem. They both said the same thing.. icon is OK coil spring. There OK. Radflo turning around is super fast right now. Once the order gets to your desk. There making them the same day..

#31 ·
Custom length kings or fox. IE 8" kings or fox. Not the oem shock with the 4" long eyelet.

#32 ·
Got my Icon's back. Getting them put back on tomorrow morning. This will be the test to see if my issue is fixed. Fingers crossed.

Reactions: GalaxyPro4X11
#33 ·
Good luck

#34 ·
This is probably not it but is your TPMS working? If not did the sensor break off and is banging around in the tire on to the wheel at slow speed? I know its crazy...but maybe pull your wheel off make sure there's nothing inside :). I hate NVH issues....good luck man!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.