Nissan Titan Forum banner

Help with 2012 Titan Pro4x Lift

12K views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  dubyam 
#1 ·
Just picked up a 2012 Nissan Titan Pro4x, which I absolutely in love with!

I am looking at making her even prettier. Want to lift her 3-4" - level all around - Running 33's for now, with a future upgrade to 34-35's. Just want to hear what everyone's suggestions are for this, or if my build list sounds good as is. Not looking at dropping much more than $1200.

Here is what I'm thinking:

FRONT:

2.5" Spacers
Rough Country UCA
Billstein 5100's (which add 1" - 1.5" of lift, per PRG website)

Rear:
Deaver C-10 3-leaf for 2.5" lift
Billstein 5100's

Total Cost = ~$1,145

#2 ·
just go with rough country 4" lift kit with rough country upper control arms. it'll be better on your cv's.

also the list you have, the back end is gonna be pretty tall relative to the front. you'll end up wanting more height but you'll be maxed out without going with a bracket lift.

#4 ·
Awesome, thank you for the input guys!

I decided I am going to go with the RC 4" Lift, with probably PRG UCA's in the front.
Then, for the rear, I'll toss out the blocks, and do the Deaver C-10 3 leaf add-on. I've had axle wrap in my first truck, and never want to deal with it again. And of course, Billy 5100's at the corners.

Thanks again for the help! Will post pics of the build when the time comes.

#3 ·
3" is the max you want to go on the front without a bracket lift, or your CV's will die pretty quickly. For 3" what I would suggest is pretty close to the same set up above, however I would do a 2" spacer($50) on top of the Bilsteins ($200) on middle setting for 3 up front, and then Bilstein 5125's ($200) and a 2" block ($65) in the back. Drop some DK bushing UCA's ($525) up front instead of the RC's, and some PRG endlinks ($80), extended bumpstop ($15). You might also need some adjustable cam bolts up front to get your alignment into specs. That gets you very close to the same amount you listed above. I have been running almost this exact same set up, think you will be very happy with the results. IF you want to go higher than 3" then do the RC 4" kit.

#5 ·
be careful with bilsteins used with RC lift kits..lots of people have bent the bottom eyelet. if you run the 5100's up front, only run them on the bottom perch if used with the lift kit.

#6 ·
Thanks for the advice! I definitely would have ran them on the middle perch. I'm not 100% sold on the 5100's. I've had them before, and loved them - especially for the price. But, im not opposed to different options. Any ideas of what I should research?

#7 ·
Coilovers, ICON or Fox

Reactions: PhoebeTheTitan
#8 ·
Thanks for all the help!

#9 ·
Like others have said...prg makes superior parts over rc. I'd build it with prg parts if I could help it

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

#10 ·
I also wanted to do this to my 08 titan 4x4.

FRONT:
2.5" Spacers
Dirt King UCA
Billstein 5100's

Rear:
Deaver C-10 3-leaf for 2.5" lift
Billstein 5100's

my question is, would i need to do the 5125's in the rear due to the height of the Deavers? I wanted to do Deavers instead of blocks because I tow a camper. Thanks for your input!

#11 ·
IMO have KING build you a set of coilovers for the right height to replace the RC 4" spacer.

You'll want drop shackles with those deavers and yes you want 5125's. Deavers sag, not sure why people want them instead of blocks lol. they replace the overload spring.

#12 ·
heres what a 3" front and 1" rear lift looks like on a pro4x. with 325/60R18's and about a -18mm offset. In the end i could've had more lift for less money and less wear and tear on cv's and tie rod ends/steering rack by going with a 4" drop bracket lift kit.

VERY expensive leveling kit lol.

#13 ·
You'll want drop shackles with those deavers and yes you want 5125's. Deavers sag, not sure why people want them instead of blocks lol. they replace the overload spring.[/QUOTE]

would i be good with the Roadmaster Active Suspension and blocks for the rear for better towing/ less sag? thanks for your input

#15 ·
Happy to help with this. But word of advice, apart a fresh thread if you can't find what you need with a thorough search.

Now, I happen to have a 2011 Pro4X which I lifted last summer. There are bo difference in suspension height for the Pro4X versus every other 4wd Titan of similar year. I know because I measured them on the lot when I bought mine,, and once you factor in tire diameter differences,, the suspension is the same height. Also, the Factory Service Manual gives the same ride height for all 4wd models of a given configuration.

You can get close to 35" tires on with 3" in front, and 2-2 5" in rear. I went 3/2.5 on mine. I pieced together a setup with specific parts I wanted, but you could do the 3" Rough Country kit if you wanted. I went with a set of PRG UCAs (found a great deal on used or I'd have gone with Dirt King new), Bilstein 5100/5125 shocks (front/rear), a 2" spacer on the front coupled with the 5100 shock on the middle perch, 1" lift shackle and 1.5" block in the rear with the 5125 shocks of the correct length. Could have just done 2.5" block but was trying to reduce the chance of axle wrap. I went with 295/70r18 tires on my factory rims. They are 34.4" diameter and 12" section width. I probably could fit some 12.5x35r18 if I shopped for a set at the short end of the spectrum, but reality is, I've never been left wanting for more tire with these 295s.

If you want the best deals and good advice, find Mike ORW on fascistbook. He is with OffRoad Warehouse and has everything you need except maybe the UCAs. He's the best deal on the Bilsteins, for sure.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.