Nissan Titan Forum banner

PRG 3.5" vs RC 3"

3K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  Chase C 
#1 ·
i've been looking through threads about lift vs level and decided a level should be good enough. I've been looking at the RC 3" with the UCA's, but recently just found the PRG 3.5" lift.

the price tag is a big difference, but the PRG does come with billies.

can anyone help me decide which one to go with?

#2 · (Edited)
PRG is going to be better quality, and it's only 3" of lift. Bilsteins provide 0" lift on lowest setting, 1" on middle, 2" on top setting. So you take the 1" Bilstein and add a 2" spacer and tada you have 3" lift. RC just gives you a 3" spacer. PRG arms are better than RC arms, DK arms are better than PRG arms but much more expensive. RC also doesn't include cam bolts and PRG does.

Depending on your year and 2WD/4WD you'll need a different amount of front end lift to level the truck. Typically if you're going with 3" you're going to want at least a 1" block in the rear to level you out. Stock shocks can handle 1" block in the rear, but if you go higher you'll want something like Bilstein 5125's for extended length.

Reactions: gyantitan
#4 ·
I don't see any reason to. I am running that exact same kit minus the control arms with the 5100's front and rear.

#5 ·
Not unless you're planning on lifting the rear more than an inch. I have 3" front, 1" rear and have 5100's on all corners.

#6 ·
Here's how it'll look. Take into consideration that I have a Pro-4x though

Attachments

#8 ·
Hah thanks man... it'll be worth it... Also if you want you could look at piecing one together if money is an issue.... There are always UCA's for sale on here in the classifieds... Sometimes a pair of bilsteins too if you get lucky...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.