Nissan Titan Forum banner

Leveling a Pro4x.. Why so difficult?

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Indy 
#1 ·
So as I'm shopping around for level kits I'm noticing a lot of these leveling kits (and lift kits) notate "not for Pro4x".

What's the story? Why is it so hard to find a 2" leveling kit for the Pro4x?

Is it that much different suspension-wise than the other Titan models?

I'm hoping to mount 295/65R20 terra grapplers and hoping I can get it done comfortably with a simple front end leveling kit

#2 ·
For any 4wd Titan, 1.5" is the biggest leveling kit you can put on, unless you add some aftermarket Upper control arms (UCA's). If you add upper control arms you can fit any where from 2.5-3" on it, depending on what upper control arms you put on. Anything over 1.5" will cause the OEM upper control arms to hit the coil bucket, other wise know as CBC (coil bucket contact). I will eventually cause your UCA's to fail.

Reactions: 450xDaD
#3 ·
Any idea... would the Bilstein adjustable struts give me additional 1.5" I'm looking for? Or will they only take me to where I'm at right now? (I know the pro4x is higher than a 2wd), not sure if I go with those if they will give me the extra leveling height I'm looking for. I see in your signature you have the 1.5 spacer AND the BS5100's.

#4 ·
Yes the Bilsteins will give you the height, either 1" or 2" depending on the setting. From what I understand and many other have experienced though, the top setting is a pretty firm ride, and you run into the same problem, anything over 1.5" your going to need UCA's. I have been running the Bilsteins on the middle setting and a 1.5" spacer for about 6 years now, but I also have Dirt King UCA's, that is why I can run the additional height.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.