Nissan Titan Forum banner

Pictures of my skidplate

7K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  DeadRiver 
#1 · (Edited)
Here is a skidplate that I fabbed up last summer. I didn't think I had any pics of it, but stumbled across some tonight, so I scanned it in (that's right, still in the dark ages, no digi cam yet).

Anyways, it's not "heavy duty", only 1/8" stainless. It looks better than the stocker though, in my opinion. It bolts to the front bumper using existing holes and the tapped holes on the bottom of the front subframe lowering bracket on the PC lift. I made it so that the oil drains down through the holes, no removal of skid plate required. Just toss a funnel in there and viola, no mess!!! I also have a 1/4" Aluminum plate running between the front and rear subframe brackets with a similar setup for the draining of the oil. I have enough of the 1/4" plate left to try and make one that goes from the rear subframe bracket to the crossmember supporting the transmission.

**EDITED*** Added pics of new Transmission Skidplate

Here it is:

See less See more
Reactions: honda250xtitan
#7 ·
blueridge said:
any suggestions on fabbing one for my truck, or would you consider making one and selling???? It looks great
I actully got the stainless from my uncle, who's company made stainless hospital desks/tables/chairs and such. They were closing down, so I told him what size piece I needed and he hooked me up. I cut it in the shape that I needed, took it to a shop and had them bend it for me ($20). And I used a hole saw to cut the holes in it. I moved across the state recently and don't have any of my tools that I would need to do such a project or even a place to do it. Apartment life stinks for working on things (that's why I don't have coilovers yet, saving for a place of my own is much more important). So in a word, no, i wouldn't be able to make another as it stands now. I had an AutoCAD drawing of it, but lost it when my hard drive failed a couple months ago. I believe that it was 36" wide at the top end and 24" wide at the bottom end. I cannot recall the length, but the top bend was 2" in from the end, and the bottom was like 3" or so. That's all that I can remember.

Has anyone ever used those Fram "SureDrain" things. It would work nice on this setup I think, but I am skeptical about it coming un-done accidentally and draining all my oil unknowingly. Is anyone familiar with how they work?

Thanks for the comments.

#8 ·
lookin good man.

i hear you on the apartment life, but mine has a garage which was a huge selling point.

let me know if you want to try and recreate the cad file, it's what i do all day anyways. i can also take some shots of your truck if you want (i forget how far you are) because i bought a new cam and wanna use it..

#9 ·
I'm gonna take some measurements when I get home tonight. I have AutoCAD 2002 as well as Pro/E Wildfire 2 on my comp at home. I had a bunch of stuff for this truck designed in 3D, but lost that stuff when my hard drive crashed as well. Here is the "prerunner" that I designed:

http://www.titantalk.com/forums/att...8703-prerunner-bar-sorts-guard_assy_front.jpg
http://www.titantalk.com/forums/att...ar-sorts-guard_assy_front_3d.jpg?d=1133915390

Had to settle for the much simpler skidplate though.

I am near Lancaster BTW.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.