Nissan Titan Forum banner

"Prerunner" Titan's

6M views 11K replies 359 participants last post by  A.I.I.Raciing 
#1 · (Edited)
I figured we might as well have 1 tread of all the Titans that are built into "Prerunners" and race trucks.

Titan Off-road:
Titan Offroad's "New" Truck

My Titan:
http://www.titantalk.com/forums/titan-general-discussion/53398-15-days-old.html
Lots of Titan's:
04+ Nissan Titan Pics

A few really good pics of Greg's Titan:
Titan Kits

Jay's Frontier

My Titan on Camburg's web site (June 2012)

Mike's Frontier:

Battle at Primm 2012

BJ doing 130+
2012 San Felipe 250 - RM 240 - B.J. Baldwin Monster Energy 130+ mph towards finish - YouTube

Attachments

See less See more
1 52
#6 ·
Or you could just upload them to photobucket and "cut and paste" the IMG code on your thread. Then you could post as many at one time as the mods will alow!

#11 ·
hey a.i.i. nice thread, like hooligan said, nice to have them all in one spot....

hey hooligan, that rear bumper is nice, how much one of those run? if only i could keep my parking sensors in it somehow....is there already a thread for pics of front bumpers on prerunners? i wanna get one and not sure which i like the most...

#12 · (Edited)
06_SMOKE_SE_CC said:
if only i could keep my parking sensors in it somehow....is there already a thread for pics of front bumpers on prerunners?QUOTE]
You can keep the sensors, at least we were able to on my truck.

Frontier

Attachments

#13 · (Edited)
hooligan said:
thanks A.I.I. seen just about all of them, but its nice to have them all in one place. i'll add a few as well. i've been kind of trying to figure which prerunner bumper i like the most so its good to have them all in one place.
Yeah I agree, so far HANDS DOWN FAVORITE. Greg G. is the winner. His front bumper looks Clean and Strong. Not too many tube supports, I really like how the skid plate go's across to the main supports coming up from the frame.

Attachments

#15 ·
PrerunnerGreg said:
AII, who's truck is that in the photos with the fuel cell? 4th pic in your last post. and thanks for the compliments bechlyf.
Greg, I just saw this pic over on pirate4x4 the other day. The XXXTraction Titan actually started out as a pre-runner project, as shown in that photo. Then they changed their minds and built the now famous rock crawling, mud-bogging, do-it-all Titan that was in the mag.
http://pirate4x4.com/forum/showpost.php?p=5722943&postcount=54

#16 ·
PrerunnerGreg said:
oh man, only boggers allowed in the deep south. You cant trade the sippy hole for sand dunes. Just kidding, prerunners are great anywhere. THere are always train tracks and dirt jumps. Never have to slow for speed bumps, etc. They are fun.
I accelerate to speed bumps... my Titan is a wannabee

Can't wait to have my budget for when I have to upgrade my shocks and what not... :rockon

#19 ·
PrerunnerGreg said:
If you get the Glassworks stuff, it pretty much bolts on. I you go with a one-piece like mine, there is a lot of work. Cut your truck up, its only a monthly payment.
Greg, would you be so kind to post some pictures of your one piece fender/hood setup and how you have it mounted please? :cheers:

#21 ·
PrerunnerGreg said:
If you get the Glassworks stuff, it pretty much bolts on. I you go with a one-piece like mine, there is a lot of work. Cut your truck up, its only a monthly payment.
hahaha its paid for
but not by me =]
glassworks up fornt would be chill
and pulled rear fenders
but no serious cutting..

all i need now is a upper control arm
and something in the rear!

#22 ·
MXtitan24 said:
o0 i want one soo bad
i just cant bring myself to cutting off the bedsides..

do you have to tweak the front at all to run a fiberglass hood and fenders?
Cutting off the bedsides isnt all that bad, I did it 2 weeks after buying a brand new $35K truck. If I rememeber right, it was something like 127 spot welds that had to be drilled out, me and a good friend did it in 12-13 hours and neither one of us had ever dont it with a drill bit before.
Dont let anyone fool you, the Glass that Glassworks put out for the Titan's fit like sh*t. G-machine and I have almost 30 hours on the front glass alone and it still looks like crap.

Attachments

#23 ·
A.I.I.Raciing said:
Cutting off the bedsides isnt all that bad, I did it 2 weeks after buying a brand new $35K truck. If I rememeber right, it was something like 127 spot welds that had to be drilled out, me and a good friend did it in 12-13 hours and neither one of us had ever dont it with a drill bit before.
i remember that thread. i was like holy sh!t... so soon??? :eek2: LOL

A.I.I.Raciing said:
Dont let anyone fool you, the Glass that Glassworks put out for the Titan's fit like sh*t. G-machine and I have almost 30 hours on the front glass alone and it still looks like crap.
which is why based off of everyone elses experiences i went with the prerunner fenders from http://ionicdynamics.com/Titanfenders.html
fenders went on easy as pie. it was like taking off the OEM fenders and putting them back on. no trimming, no sanding, no nothing. just bolt and go...

#26 ·
4wheelpeel said:
I love the Prerunner titans but here in Ga I have only mud and trees when I lived in SoCal it was amazing. I want the more prerunner style but I just wish I could put it to use here in the southeast.

nice titan Peel!! its not just style. everyone could benefit from 12-14" of suspension travel versus the stock meager 9" of travel. you'd be able to go faster thru trails with the added travel so its not just relegated to us Southwest folk.