Nissan Titan Forum banner

are you happy with yoru Ttian? any problems

happy with Titan? reliable

29K views 56 replies 51 participants last post by  Don66 
#1 · (Edited)
happy with Titan? reliable?

are you happy with your Titan? got any problems?

i am real happy, only with my dead cold hands will i let go my Titan (unless Nissan or a competitor temps me with even more dramatic power-to-weight ratio or milage increase or both) :cheers:

#2 ·
I am very happy with my Titan! I have not had any problems.

#3 ·
Happy with mine. It has had a couple of problems but they were very, very minor or I just don't care. This is my first Nissan (or any Japanese car/truck for that matter). I beat the hell out of mine when at the track but you could beat me on a moped on the street. Perfect daily driver for me. Hauls bikes, kids, pets, and other like-minded fools like me (friends).

#5 ·
Love my truck. 800 miles and no problems.

#6 ·
i have had mine a few weeks and love the truck. i started out with a 98 king cab standard shift, traded for a 2001 crew cab solar yellow so my wife could drive it, then traded up for a xterra so my two dobermans could have some room to grow. no with a baby on the way i needed to trade up for a titan king cab so the pupies could have space and the baby could have space. i have always been happy with nissan products even with the quirks here and there. it is the sales people i usually have problems with. :)

p.s. thanks to all who post here and provided enough information on the new titan to convince my wife we should get one.

#7 ·
Love it. Love the way it tows, the way it goes. Love the way it looks, the way it sounds, the way it rides. I'll love it even more when I get a couple minor dings PDR'd Monday. THEN I get to take it in for minor dent repairs from a parking lot encounter. Only thing I don't like about my Titan is how other people keep hitting her! :crying:

#10 ·
Most of the problems seem to be annoyences, more than there should be but out of all the people that are on this forum ive heard of very few engine or tranny related issues which to me would be the main components to afect overall reliability because they keep the vehicle from being stranded. There is the acception of the diff causing a few break downs but that issue seems to be mostly resolved. And of course theres the brakes. It seems the truck continues to get better in the weak areas but i dont believe the engine/tranny will have any major problems.

#11 ·
Absolutely love it, best truck I've owned. After 9 months it's still a thrill to get behind the wheel. :)

#14 ·
This is a great poll, now we can see some true numbers of the happy Titan owners. So far have truely enjoyed my truck!

#15 ·
I am very happy with mine. There is a few little things but all cars have them. I think the power is amazing. To feel a BIG truck like this move at any speed brings a smile. I have a friend that just got a 05 Tacoma crew with long bed. It is nice but this is just more value. I think he paid $28000. I paid about 30000. These trucks are in such demand that people buy them above sticker. I got mine at a few bucks below MSRP only because I bought the truck as soon as it came in. It was crazy seeing other sales guys showing the truck at the same time as we were doing the paperwork.

#16 ·
:cheers: Just rolled over 2100 miles on mine, no problems so far and love every second I get a chance to drive it..........Bought me a new truck and can't get my wife out of it. She said I could have it back if I would buy her the Armada!!!!!

Reactions: Don66
#18 ·
Armada's sweet

GHog said:
:cheers: Just rolled over 2100 miles on mine, no problems so far and love every second I get a chance to drive it..........Bought me a new truck and can't get my wife out of it. She said I could have it back if I would buy her the Armada!!!!!
if my wife didn't need an easier to park suv around the city (San Francisco downtown and Berkeley), we would have purcased an Armada for her. Her Element is really easier to park and get around in a city traffic (for her, I woundl't have any problems other than being charge $36 for parking - if allowed in the garage at all - instead of $18 to $27 for regular sized cars).

#19 · (Edited)
I really like this truck and don't care for the so called competition.
I have had a few problems:
1. radio-replaced after a few visits
2. front seat bottom split-replaced
3. seat belt tsb-fixed
4. brakes are pretty scary, really mushy and I don't trust them- been in four times before, last time we bled the system. Couldn't reproduce the problem initially but the techs know it's a real problem now after it acted up for them in the shop (finally). I think the pedal dropping to the floor while driving sort of got their attention. Replacing master cylinder tomorrow.
5. alignment-fixed
6. bad tire-fixed
7. noises, squeeks, rattles-mostly fixed
8. window switch-fixed

All the guys in service know me. They even joke that I should have a time card.

#21 ·
11,700 miles and absolutely no mechanical or cosmetic problems-- only a soft Darth Vader hiss on A/C which I have learned to ignore. Love the truck and still get a major kick out of driving it!

#23 ·
Just turned 6,000 miles on mine, and like it a lot. No performance problems, just lots and lots of strange noises. Just solved the most bothersome one - engine ticking due to bad engine grounding (thanks to Arkman and others who post to this site). I think the truck is basically well built. I've had five Nissans prior to the Titan...mostly Maximas. Never, never, never had even the smallest annoyance from any of them....all lasted 150,000 miles plus. Would I recommend a Titan to my best friend - yes. Would I buy another - not sure. For now, it's fun and very useful.

'04 LE CC
Smoke

#24 ·
02/04 & 13,000. No rattles, looks & feels like the day it rolled of the assembly line. New rotors & pads just installed without hassle, in & out of the shop within 90min. Absolutely no regrets & no other problems, would definitely buy MINE again.

#25 ·
Flush said:
It was crazy seeing other sales guys showing the truck at the same time as we were doing the paperwork.
You think that is bad .....

My truck was bought and paid for nearly a month before it arrived ... it was being shipped in from another dealer about 600 miles away ....

Now ... I don't just mean that I had put down a 100% deposit ... I mean that by the time the truck arrived ... the state had already mailed me the permanent tag, registration, and title .... It was MY freaking truck !

When I arrived to pick up the truck ... it wasn't there ...

One of the salesmen and a customer were taking it for a test drive !!

I picked it up with a about 25 more miles on it than the truck had when the auto transporter droped it off at the dealership !!

#26 ·
checking in: I'm still happy with my Titan

checking in: I'm still happy with my Titan
:rockon

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.