Question about tow mirror conversion - Nissan Titan Forum
Titan Towing & Hauling If you have specific questions about using the Titan to tow or haul stuff around, post it in here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 06-18-2017, 09:35 AM Thread Starter

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Question about tow mirror conversion

Hi everyone-

I have a 2006 XE with the tow package but not towing mirrors. I just bought the manual extendable mirrors from 1A Auto and they seem like a quality product. My question is inside the box there is a paper saying I require mounting brackets, which my truck does not currently have. I just bough the R/L brackets off Courtesy parts for like $9 a piece.

My question is how does this bracket attach? I currently have the four holes for the threaded ends of the mirror to go through and then attach four flange nuts. Based on photos online the other models have one threaded end with flange nut and three threaded spots for the torx screws on the bracket.

I hope I am making sense, this is really confusing me!

In the stable: 2006 Titan Crew Cab, 1993 300zx NA, 1976 C10, 1973 Z28
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 06-27-2017, 08:01 PM Thread Starter

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Re: Question about tow mirror conversion

So I guess the mirrors with the 4 threaded studs just need nuts on the end and they are good to go. The mirrors with only 1 threaded end require the bracket. Wasted $30 buying the brackets. They need to take that damn paper out of the box because it is not correct!

In the stable: 2006 Titan Crew Cab, 1993 300zx NA, 1976 C10, 1973 Z28

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Titan Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jump to top