Nissan Titan Forum banner

7x14 Enclosed Trailer Recommendations?

6K views 19 replies 5 participants last post by  all torque 
#1 ·
Looking for some advice on tailers. Been doing some shopping and trying to get word from those with experience. My requirements are Enclosed, Tandem axle, ramp, at least 7' wide, 14' long (can do +/- 2'). Nice to haves are tie down points, vents, side door, brakes on both axles, V-Nose and darker color to go with my black truck. Price range is no more than 5k, prefer to stay around 4k. I know that you get what you pay for but sometimes you can find those good deals. I'm moving to Florida from SoCal (limited to trailers in this area) next month. I will be carrying two Harleys and some house hold goods to hold me off until my shipment arrives.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

#2 ·
I forgot to add. These are some of the trailers I already looked at.

7x14 Cargo Express EX includes spare tire, tie downs, 2 5/16 ball, $5000 OTD
7x14 Cargo Express Ex V-Nose includes spr tire, tie downs, 2 5/16 ball $5200 OTD
7x14 Wells Cargo $4540.58 OTD
7x14 Look V-Nose $5095+Tax/tit
7x14 TNT Transit $5095+Tax/titl

#4 ·
I seen a used Look 8.5x16 going for $4800 a few days ago, I think it was a 2014. We didn't negotiate any terms but he did give me the understanding that he would let it go for a reasonable price. Not sure how much a difference it will make on gas mileage and power with it being longer, wider than a 7x14. It is also not a V-Nose.

#5 ·
My 2c, get a Haulmark. You get what you pay for. I would also upgrade to a rubber ride suspension w/Dexter axles. Both make a world of difference towing. Take your time and shop around, you'll be surprised the markup and price difference amongst dealer's. I would be very careful buying used (leak water/high asking prices vs going new). I purchased my 8.5x20 Transport from the opposite end of the country, from a dealer in AZ. I was able to pick it up myself directly from the manufacturer here in Pa. Good luck.

Reactions: all torque
#6 ·
Trying to figure out which brand is better than the other has been a bit of an issue. Might try and see if I can find a forum for trailers, maybe I can get a concensus of which are the better brands and which to stay away from. I'm not looking to spend a fortune but I don't want to go cheap either. I need something in the middle.

Reactions: bender2
#7 ·
#8 ·
Hahaha well, that's why I need the trailer for. I'm trying to move to the right coast.

#10 ·
What you need is someone traveling East to West who will drag it with them for you... Time for a new thread! :lol:

#11 ·
What you need is someone traveling East to West who will drag it with them for you... Time for a new thread! [emoji38]
That would be nice. Well, going back out trailer shopping today again.

On a different note, how do you turn off the Tekonsha P3? Is disconnecting the plug the only way? The screen stays on the whole time.

#12 ·
"The Tekonsha Prodigy P3 Brake Controller does not have an on and off switch. It will go into sleep mode after several minutes of no activity. The power draw when it is in the sleep mode is so negligible that it will not discharge the battery.

If you want the brake controller totally off, then you would have to unplug the connector from the back of the controller."

#13 ·
What he said ^^. I had the P3 on my last two Titan's with zero issues. It shouldn't even be a concern.

#14 ·
Thanks guys. So I bit the bullet and bought from a dealer. Trying to get a used one in good condition for a reasonable price is almost near impossible. By the time I would see one on Craigslist, Let Go or Offer Up, they would be gone. The rest were crap or over priced so, I went with a new one.

#15 ·
2017 Wells Cargo V-Nose 7x14 with a ramp.

Reactions: bender2
#16 · (Edited)
At what point would you guys think I would need a weight distribution hitch? My trailer weighs around 2125 lbs dry and I will have about 2500-3000 lbs of cargo in it.

#17 ·
It's only necessary when the trailer weight is more than 50% of your vehicles weight.

#18 ·
I just seen that in a YouTube video. I towed a utility trailer with ATVs and camping gear (3-4k lbs) for many years and it never occurred to me to install a weight distribution hitch, heck I didn't even use trailer brakes. It wasn't until now that I'm hovering around 5k that I thought I might need trailer brakes and maybe a WDH. Any you would recommend? They are pretty pricey.

#20 ·
I went with a Fastway E2 lift. 8k GVWR with an 800lbs tongue weight and sway control. Hoping this does the job.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.