Hopkins Brake Controller - Nissan Titan Forum
Titan Towing & Hauling If you have specific questions about using the Titan to tow or haul stuff around, post it in here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 01-22-2008, 03:37 PM
Css

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Hopkins Brake Controller

I have a Hopkins brake controller that I cannot get to to work properly. I wired it the same as an 05 Titan that I saw, (I have an 07) and now my trailer brakes lock up as soon as I hit the brake peddle. The adjustment on the controller does not seem to work at all. Any ideas besides throwing it against a wall and purchasing something else, because I have already thought of that!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 01-23-2008, 09:03 AM

iTrader Score: 11 reviews
Re: Hopkins Brake Controller

Sometimes it's easier to get a new one (Prodigy) than fart around with an old one. Does yours have to be installed level?

#3 (permalink) Old 01-23-2008, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckyBadger
Sometimes it's easier to get a new one (Prodigy) than fart around with an old one. Does yours have to be installed level?
I bought the Prodigy because so many here raved about it. I spent a few bucks more and got the Nissan wire harness connector. Hooking it up and making it work was sooooooooo simple. I'm so happy people spoke about the Prodighy so much around here.

I'm sick and tired of all the problems...
#4 (permalink) Old 01-26-2008, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Css
I have a Hopkins brake controller that I cannot get to to work properly. I wired it the same as an 05 Titan that I saw, (I have an 07) and now my trailer brakes lock up as soon as I hit the brake peddle. The adjustment on the controller does not seem to work at all. Any ideas besides throwing it against a wall and purchasing something else, because I have already thought of that!
I bought a Hoplins brake controller and had trouble also. I also bought the pig tail that plugs into the controller and the truck. The wiring in my pig tail was the culprit. After the tail was rewired the box worked fine. I notified Hopkins and they ened up paying the rewiring bill. This is not the first time they had trouble with a brake controller, so before you smash it contact them by phone.
#5 (permalink) Old 01-26-2008, 03:00 PM

had the same problem when I went to use my buddies trailer, teh brakes locked up as soon as my foot hit the pedal, problem was is his trailer and my brake box.
#6 (permalink) Old 03-01-2008, 05:48 PM

iTrader Score: 1 reviews

I took my Hopkins out of my Tundra, but didn't pay attention to wiring... anyone have the color codes for the Hopkins harness?

My guesses:
Red: constant +12V
White: ignition +12V
Black: ground
Blue: out to trailer

I tried to look this up on the net, but can't seem to even find the website for Hopkins!
http://www.google.com/search?q=hopki...ke+controllers

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Titan Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jump to top