odyssey batteries - Nissan Titan Forum
Titan Visual & Audio Discussion Forum for discussion of Visual and Audio modifications, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 02-01-2010, 09:38 AM

iTrader Score: 5 reviews
odyssey batteries

I've decided to get an odyssey battery and I wanted to see wht model odyssey others are running.

2008 CC
Mods:
Cst spindles, extended length saws(top hat flipped), Prg uca's, Bilstein 5125's, deaver c-30 pack, 1.5" tapered block, Prg hd shackles, Prg off-road traction bars, dana 60 swap, 4:10 gears with locker, 35" toyo m/t's, 20" boss rims, sundown 100.4, cdt hd-62, cdt cl-62, pioneer 2k watt mono amp, tech12 box with 2 10" kicker cvt's, odyssey battery, injen cai.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 02-01-2010, 09:42 AM
Super Moderator
Nissan Titan Status - Premium Member

Thanked 2,842 Times in 1,882 Posts
iTrader Score: 4 reviews
Re: odyssey batteries

PC1700MJT It has a metal case and proper terminal orientation.
The Following User Says Thank You to bestatchess For This Useful Post:
dazedasp (02-01-2010)
#3 (permalink) Old 02-01-2010, 11:44 AM

sweet, thank you very much!!

2008 CC
Mods:
Cst spindles, extended length saws(top hat flipped), Prg uca's, Bilstein 5125's, deaver c-30 pack, 1.5" tapered block, Prg hd shackles, Prg off-road traction bars, dana 60 swap, 4:10 gears with locker, 35" toyo m/t's, 20" boss rims, sundown 100.4, cdt hd-62, cdt cl-62, pioneer 2k watt mono amp, tech12 box with 2 10" kicker cvt's, odyssey battery, injen cai.
#4 (permalink) Old 02-01-2010, 01:18 PM

I went an got the specs for that battery and it's 13.2" long..It would take some serious squeezing to fit in the stock location, if it would fit at all. Is there a way to get it in that spot or does it require another mounting spot.

2008 CC
Mods:
#5 (permalink) Old 02-01-2010, 06:59 PM

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

note that if your not big tow it might help to take the metal casing off the battery. I have a 1700 also and thought i would have to but it squeezed right in.
to answer your question it should just barely fit right in.

2006 LE, CC, BT, 4x4-Blizzard White
#6 (permalink) Old 02-01-2010, 07:26 PM

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to titanridinghigh

My pc1700 fit in with out a problem..
If you go to pepboys and pick up any aftermarket battery terminal,
it will give you enough length to even fit the Optima's with termianals in the middle.

Mammoth, CA

2006 NO FEAR Edition CC TITAN
-PRG Mid Travel Kit w/ SAWs---PRG Heim Tie Rod Ends---Deaver C-30 Pack---35x12.50 ProComp Xtreme A/T---20x10 XD Series Monsters---Pulled & Shaved Rear Bedsides---5% Tint---55watt 8k HIDs---Alpine IVA-D300 In dash---Alpine PDX 1.1000 & JL 300/4 AMPS---PPI 3.65 3-way components---4 JL 10W3v2 in a Fiber Glass Box---Odyssey PC1700 Deep Cycle Battery---2 Kinetik Power Cells in the Cab---Hayden Ultra-Cool transmission cooler---Bully Dog GT Gauge & Programmer---Gibson 24" Exhaust w/ Throw Down Tip---Airaid MXP 4" CAI---TrueTrac w/ 3.73s
#7 (permalink) Old 02-01-2010, 07:43 PM
Premium User

Thanked 2,188 Times in 1,528 Posts
Garage
iTrader Score: 2 reviews

My PC1700MJT fit in the spot where the big tow battery was. I constructed a new hold down with some metric threaded rod (uses the existing hold down bolt hole) and a length of metal that I had laying around. I've heard that the non-metal jacket battery has the necessary indentation for the OEM hold down. But I wasn't going to take off the metal jacket to find out.

«Granite '07 LE Crew Cab, 4x4, Big Tow, Off-Road, Side Curtain Airbags, Sunroof»
«ClearBra, Leer 100XQ, MM SI9500 Winch, 18" Magnaflow, Berk b-pipes, Volant PowerCore, AMSoil bumper to bumper, Uprev tuned»
«SAW Coilovers and rear shocks, PRG upper control arms and shackles, Hellwig rear sway bar»
Jim aka Bionic Whore
#8 (permalink) Old 02-10-2010, 01:35 PM

Alright, my pc1700 came in today and I went to install it and ran into a problem. I didnt think about it untill I saw the battery that the stock terminal wont work with the terminals on the odyssey. So what kind of aftermarket terminal are you guys running? Should I get a new terminal thingy of the negative side? I could get that one on and got it to stay with one of the blots that goes on top. My worry is that it wont be a solid connection. Thanks for the help. Also, pictures of how everyone did their connections would be a hugee help. The stock positive has like 6 kinds of wires running to it and idk how the heck to deal with that.

2008 CC
Mods:

Last edited by dazedasp; 02-10-2010 at 02:02 PM. Reason: add
#9 (permalink) Old 02-10-2010, 02:29 PM
Super Moderator

I crimped ring terminals on the cables and bolted them to the Odyssey terminals with the provided bolts and lock washers.

If you have a bunch of wires going the positive terminal, I would use a distribution block and run a short 0 gauge cable from the distribution block to the battery terminal.

There is a copper plate with a hole under the plastic cover flap on the OEM gizmo with all the fuses that I bolted directly to the + terminal.
#10 (permalink) Old 02-10-2010, 04:01 PM

iTrader Score: 3 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRTKD View Post
My PC1700MJT fit in the spot where the big tow battery was. I constructed a new hold down with some metric threaded rod (uses the existing hold down bolt hole) and a length of metal that I had laying around. I've heard that the non-metal jacket battery has the necessary indentation for the OEM hold down. But I wasn't going to take off the metal jacket to find out.
The PC1700 (Non Metal Jacket) does not have indentations. I have that version in my truck. It is held fairly well, just by the sideways pressure of the OEM Clamp. But, I will upgrade it soon to a truly solid hold down. Preferably the Billet Aluminum Plate Odyssey makes.

2006 XE CC Pref Pkg BT with AEM Brute Force CAI, PowerAid TB Spacer, TB Reversed Valve ByPass Mod, 2007+ Intake, JBA Headers, MagnaFlow 24" Muffler, 2008+ Rear Axle, Stillen: F & R Sway Bars, Black Diff Cover, Engine Dress Up Kit, 4 pc StreetScene SS Mesh Grille, PRG End Links, Street Traction Bars & Shackles, UpRev Osiris Tuner 93 Performance Tuned, 18" SE Rims, Functional Hood Scoop ...

IRC VK56 Member "Special Operations"

MD Chapter Director
#11 (permalink) Old 02-10-2010, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bestatchess View Post
I crimped ring terminals on the cables and bolted them to the Odyssey terminals with the provided bolts and lock washers.

If you have a bunch of wires going the positive terminal, I would use a distribution block and run a short 0 gauge cable from the distribution block to the battery terminal.

There is a copper plate with a hole under the plastic cover flap on the OEM gizmo with all the fuses that I bolted directly to the + terminal.
Alright, I went out and snapped some pictures of the stock setup so I can describe this better and we all know what is being talked about. I'm goin to do the ring terminal for the negative wire like you mentioned. What size ring terminal should I go? Or better yet, what size is the stock negative wire? Then I want to do a ring terminal for the positive as well. It seems there is already a distribution block that has 4 stock wires going into it. I would like to run something from that block to the positive terminal. Looking at the picture idk if I can do just a ring terminal. I want to replace the piece that's coming from the distribution block to the battery with something that can just slid right on to the odyssey positive terminal and then can just be clamped down with the bolts it came with.. It's just finding a piece that can do that.

I brought my truck to an autozone, a checkers, and the shop that does most of my audio work, and I even called a few specialty places in town that checkers referred me to, and none of the places had a clue on how to do this. Autozone and checkers didn't even have a huge selection of any kind of terminals to choose from. The ones they had were just for basic battery's like my stock one.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG00104-20100210-1714.jpg
Views:	378
Size:	332.7 KB
ID:	96698   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG00103-20100210-1714.jpg
Views:	200
Size:	391.7 KB
ID:	96700  

2008 CC
Mods:
#12 (permalink) Old 02-10-2010, 05:20 PM
Premium User

Thanked 2,188 Times in 1,528 Posts
Garage
iTrader Score: 2 reviews

My terminals attached kind of loose to my PC1700MJT at first. But I kept tightening and I also put a bolt/washer on the top of the battery post to make sure it didn't go anywhere. As I recall, the PC1700MJT came with bolts that went into the top of the battery post. I've attached a picture so you can see what I'm talking about.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Odyssey_Hold_down.jpg
Views:	635
Size:	352.6 KB
ID:	96705  

«Granite '07 LE Crew Cab, 4x4, Big Tow, Off-Road, Side Curtain Airbags, Sunroof»
«ClearBra, Leer 100XQ, MM SI9500 Winch, 18" Magnaflow, Berk b-pipes, Volant PowerCore, AMSoil bumper to bumper, Uprev tuned»
«SAW Coilovers and rear shocks, PRG upper control arms and shackles, Hellwig rear sway bar»
Jim aka Bionic Whore
#13 (permalink) Old 02-10-2010, 09:54 PM
Super Moderator

What size ring terminal should I go? Or better yet, what size is the stock negative wire?

I dunno, maybe 4 gauge? I have bigger wire. I used something like this:

Amazon.com: Pico 4543D 2/0 AWG Battery Cable 1/2" Tubular Lug Ring / Eye Terminals 1 Per Package: Automotive

Then I want to do a ring terminal for the positive as well. It seems there is already a distribution block that has 4 stock wires going into it. I would like to run something from that block to the positive terminal. Looking at the picture idk if I can do just a ring terminal. I want to replace the piece that's coming from the distribution block to the battery with something that can just slid right on to the odyssey positive terminal and then can just be clamped down with the bolts it came with.. It's just finding a piece that can do that.

In your photo there is a vertically extending bolt going through the metal contact plate of the stock gizmo. I unbolted that from the stock battery cable end and bolted it directly to the top of the odyssey terminal. Maybe put a ring terminal on your amp cable and sandwich it under the stock gizmo contact plate using the same bolt.

#14 (permalink) Old 02-11-2010, 05:21 AM

iTrader Score: 3 reviews

On my Positive Terminal, I installed a Brass Boat Terminal. It had a smaller diameter Vertical Post (5/16") than a Lead Version did (3/8"). It also had the + emblem molded in, looks rather nice! The Titan Cables 2 Flat Ends fit right on it and I used a Stainless Steel NyLok Nut and Lock Washer to secure the Flat Ends onto the Vertical Post. All came out pretty snug. And like was stated by others, I also have a Stainless Steel Bolt and Flat Washer going down through the top of the Adapter post on the battery itself. This help put downward pressure on the Brass Ring portion of the Boat Terminal.

On the Negative Terminal, I have a Lead Adapter that extends out from the Battery Post and has a Horizontal Bolt that allows me room to have the OEM Ground Cable on one side, and another Ground Cable on the other side from my self made Grounding Kit. Again, I have the Stainless Steel Bolt and Flat Washer going down through the Top of the Adapter Post on the Battery itself.

I'd been having a problem twice in the past couple months with my battery being discharged. I believe it all came down to a loose nut on my old positive adapter in part, and then it was a very small layer of dirt between the 2 Flat Cables Ends on the Positive Side. No Corrosion, just some plain old dirt had gotten in there when the nut was loose, and prevented the Alternator from charging the battery. The Battery shop never noticed it. I spotted it as I was changing to the Brass Boat Terminal. Just a reminder to check every surface, even if you think it is all clean. Love the Odyssey!

After I clear snow today, I'll try to get a Picture of this setup posted.

2006 XE CC Pref Pkg BT with AEM Brute Force CAI, PowerAid TB Spacer, TB Reversed Valve ByPass Mod, 2007+ Intake, JBA Headers, MagnaFlow 24" Muffler, 2008+ Rear Axle, Stillen: F & R Sway Bars, Black Diff Cover, Engine Dress Up Kit, 4 pc StreetScene SS Mesh Grille, PRG End Links, Street Traction Bars & Shackles, UpRev Osiris Tuner 93 Performance Tuned, 18" SE Rims, Functional Hood Scoop ...

IRC VK56 Member "Special Operations"

MD Chapter Director

Last edited by TitanBlue; 02-11-2010 at 05:28 AM.
#15 (permalink) Old 02-11-2010, 06:18 PM

Well gentlemen, I got her in today. It's not perfect yet, but it'll do until I have time to perfect everything. I'm really happy with it so far. All the interior lights are so much brighter, it really stood out. It's nice to know that I have a reliable battery under the hood and not the stock one. Although the stock one was ok, it just doesn't compare, stock is always so basic and crappy. So here are some pictures of what I did. The negative terminal was left stock and just screwed down which is what I really don't want to leave for too long. I just need to get a ring terminal for it and crimp it on. The wire going from the stock distribution block to the positive terminal is a little long, but it's the shortest that was offered, so I need to trim that down, but its tucked away and not going anywhere for now. I need to get a ring terminal for my other power cable that snapped off because it was so corroded. Luckily, that ones for my subs and not my speakers so I have music until I get that fixed. I really wanna thank everyone for your time in helping me through this, I really appreciate it, I would've been so lost if I didn't get any help. I apologize for the one picture being sideways, Idk why it uploaded like that, its showing up on my computer just fine which is weird.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG00106-20100211-1539.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	322.5 KB
ID:	96747   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG00109-20100211-1602.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	383.7 KB
ID:	96748   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG00108-20100211-1601.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	266.1 KB
ID:	96749   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG00114-20100211-1624.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	335.7 KB
ID:	96750  

2008 CC
Mods:

Jump to top