In Dash Nav / radio suggestions - Nissan Titan Forum
Titan Visual & Audio Discussion Forum for discussion of Visual and Audio modifications, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 07-18-2011, 09:40 PM

iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SmokeEater829
In Dash Nav / radio suggestions

I need some help from the stereo guys on here. I'm looking to change out the head unit in my truck. I'm not looking for anything competition grade or anything like that.

What I want is a decent Double Din head unit, with aux front input, and a quality nav program. Would also like to keep the steering wheel controls, but that is not a must. Also, I'm trying to not spend a fortune. I have already replaced the door speakers and have a Tech12Volts box under my passenger front seat with an 8" sub. Just ordered another box for the drivers seat for the other sub i have.

Once i find a head unit, I'll put the other amp i have in for the 2 subs.

2008 Red Pro 4X Crew Cab ~ 6" Pro Comp Lift ~ 35" Toyo All Terrains ~XD Monsters~ N-fab Steps ~ N-Fab Prerunner Light Bar ~ Bushwacker Pocket Flares ~ Bully Dog Power Pup ~ S&B intake ~ 18 "Magnaflow muffler swap ~ Catch All floor mats ~ Wet Okole Seat Covers ~
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 10-30-2011, 04:51 PM

iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via MSN to nismojunky
Re: In Dash Nav / radio suggestions

no answers hmm id like the same info haha subscribed

2006 Titan CC Offroad

Factory Options - Granite, E-locker, Big Tow, RF, Utili-Track

Performance - JBA Cat back, S&B CAI , Rear Axle Vent, TrueTrac, DIY Ground Kit, UpRev, Power Stop Brake Kit, 2* , WOT Removed, TB Bypass, Vibrant UQ res, Burnout Modd, OBX LT Headers, Cajin Catted 4x4 B-pipes, CST alu rad

Suspension - Driveshaft Spacer, PRG Cam Bolts, PRG SBEL's, PRG Shackles, C-30 Leafs, PRG OFFROAD Traction Bars, Radflows on 4", PRG UCA's, 1" Blocks Rear, Air lift Airbags

Exterior - 4X Hella 500 Black Magic Driving lights, 6k HI/Low/Fogs, Backup lights, Back Rack, 35/12.5/R17 Nitto Trail Grapplers
#3 (permalink) Old 11-07-2011, 08:36 PM

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

For a good reliable NAV stick to one of the better known brands like Pioneer, Kenwood, JVC, Alpine. If you choose Alpine, just make sure its not the type with the dockable nav drive.

Most of the cheaper brands Jensen, Boss, Power Akoustics, Soundstream, and a boat load of others use seperate, onboard processors for navigation. They treat them as a source, so there tends to be more latency and glitchiness. That also why I don't recomend the dockable alpine.

I sell most of these brands daily but only recomend the lesser brands when cost is the biggest factor. If you happen to have an Iphone 4 the AppRadio from pioneer is the best bang for the buck as long as you don't need a dvd/cd player in it.

I've used the pioneer Z series almost exclusively in my last 4 cars(currently have a Z120 in the titan and a Z110 in the wife's Implala) but the mostly due to the fact that Pioneer's XM tuner is the best (read most reliable) since audiovox took over producing most of the other xm tuners.

If you wanted something more native to Sirius I would choose the Kenwoods over pioneer.
#4 (permalink) Old 11-09-2011, 02:34 PM

iTrader Score: 1 reviews

I have a Kenwood 9980HD. Its not perfect, but after having it a few months and getting used to it, I am really liking it a lot. My main reason for choosing it was the Garmin navigation software which I am the most familiar with and trust the most. If you don't want to drop that much money on a head unit, you can always go down to other models of Kenwoods that still use the Garmin software.

2005 Titan CC 4x4 SE

Suspension: PRG UCA, Bilstein 5100 Front Shocks, Bilstein 5100 Rear Shocks, 2008+ Shackles
Wheels: 2009 20" Nissan OEM Rims, Cooper Zeon LTZ 275/60R20
Sound: Kenwood 9980HD, JVC Powered Sub
Engine: Nismo CAI, Bully Dog GT

Slowly removing all PRG Products from my truck.
#5 (permalink) Old 11-11-2011, 09:00 PM

iTrader Score: 4 reviews

Can't go wrong with Pioneer, I'll be switching to the AVIC-Z130BT shortly. Pioneer is user friendly and reliable.

2008 Titan SE 4x4 Crew Cab
6" Pro Comp Stage 1
3 inch body lift
37x13.5 Toyo M/T on XD Cranks
Undercover, Pioneer Nav, Amp Research Power Steps
Fab Fours Front Bumper

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Titan Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jump to top