Nissan Titan Forum banner

Getting started...

10K views 52 replies 13 participants last post by  GRAVITY 
#1 · (Edited)
:rollingsm :rollingsm :rollingsm :rollingsm :rollingsm :rollingsm :rollingsm :rollingsm :rollingsm :rollingsm :rollingsm :rollingsm :rollingsm :rollingsm

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
quick Paint job...

Debating a fiberglass top that angles the subs out/up but i'll have to do a seat lift too. Only going with 8" subs

#4 ·
yep picking them up tomorrow, we'll see how they look under the seat... didn't really want to fire directly into the seat cause i'll lose sound. Looking to put a couple extra cup holders in it too

#6 ·
that looks like a fun project. I such with that kind of stuff though. ha.

#7 ·
me too...lol. not sure how crazy i'm going to get with it yet though... might be all fiberglass might be no fiberglass...lol

#10 ·
They'll straddle it... Just thought, I could angle them towards each other and forward too if I'm doing a fiberglass box

#11 ·
Subscribing...

I've been wanting to install some audio in my T for a while now! Interested to see what you come up with! :)

#12 ·
alright got my subs today thanks to DrtyAzn... :cheers: going to get them mocked up to where i want them to go tomorrow just to see about positioning

#13 · (Edited)
ok got it mocked up a little bit with some scrap wood... my brother came over and said he's got a sheet of MDF in his garage that i can have too so i'm staying in a good budget right now :redblob" don't think i'm going to have any fiberglass after all cause i will have to lift the seat, i know it's easy to do but i'm pretty sure this will work great and it'd be easier to remake if anyone wants one

#14 ·
ok so late night thinking...lol, i'm thinking that i should do a down firing set up because with the way it's sitting now (board flat on top of the hump) the sides and backs where the subs are going are open. How much of a gap do i need between the sub and floor? right now theres a good 3/4" all the way around where the subs go...

#16 ·
Nah I was meaning around the box to let the air escape on a downfire, from what everyone's saying on here upfire sounds better though

#18 ·
haha... the ladies used to love my duel 12's that i had in my chevy :eyebrow:

going up into the mountains tomorrow to search for my uncles dogs.. jumped out of the truck on the way up to button down our cabin before to much snow. Been a couple days but going out for one last time because it's pretty nasty out. Taking my old hardbody up instead of the T.

my first system..lol, falling apart but it hit hard!

#20 ·
well no luck on the dogs... been gone for 4 days anyhow so probably gone for good, did how ever get my old amp out of the hardbody cause my uncle wasn't using it anymore. VR3 300W 1 channel... i remember my 12" Xplode hitting hard with it so those 8's should too. heres the amp and a pic of the snow! oh yeah my old hardbody starting dieing out on us after about 30miles so we drove it home and got the T

#21 ·
That's a sweet pic in the snow

#22 ·
thanks yeah i wish i had my camera on me, thats from my phone. looks good with the snow in the treads. mobbed it pretty hard today and she did great in the snow with the Terra Grap's

#23 ·
ok did a little today and messed up already...lol. i'm either going to put a spacer between the wings that stick out (that the subs fit into) or rebuild them. The piece in the middle along the hump is hitting the magnet. Should hopefully have it done in about 12 hours depending on how long i decide to sleep :rofl:

#24 ·
ok so this is going pretty craptacular...lol. pretty much done but i need to get the back cut and both the tops (one for the box and one for cup holders) i'll grab a pic tomorrow but this is the first box i've done with an air nailer and its falling apart every time i move it :bangit: got clamps and more glue on it right now hoping in the morning it'll be sturdy...lol.

#25 ·
Ok here's some pics... My one out of scrap wood looks better :-/

#26 · (Edited)
ok almost done...lol. Ended up with some gaps here and there so i went and got a fiberglass repair kit and put some glass on the inside seems, hopefully it'll all hold together!

#27 ·
anyone still watching? lol...

now a question i have... the amp is a single channel so should i just get one plug into the box and then run wires to both speakers inside it?

#28 ·
Are the subs dual voice coil, or single? Either way, I would only use a single speaker jack, if I even used a jack. Most of my installs don't have speaker jacks on the boxes. I run wire through a small hole, make my connections, and make sure there's plenty to get to the amp. If the subs are dual voice coil, you can wire them series/parallel and get a single 4ohm load to the amp. If they are single voice coil, then you have to wire the subs in parallel. I hope this all makes sense.

#29 ·
Use a speaker jack. More of a professional looking finished product. Crutchfield.com has plenty of info. Can't wait to see this box finished. Let me know when you get the wiring

Sent from my Autoguide iPad app

#30 ·
I got it in yesterday, sent you a PM. Thanks again man :cheers: I've got one Jack installed on the box, picked it up with the carpet for $20 locally I just need to figure out where to drill my hole in the firewall and find some RCAs and it'll be good to go! They're old school Fosgates from like 94, got the brand new in box from DrtyAzn, 8 ohm and I'm not sure what kind of voice coil. Run one + and one - the put a wire between them?

#31 · (Edited)
woo hoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it's done! :rockon i've got my amp turned all the way up and it hits pretty decent for only being a 300W but i think i could stand a bigger amp. Very pleased with the fit and finish though!

#32 ·
Thanks go out to DrtyAzn for the deal on the subs and OFELIPE for the hook up with the wiring! :cheers:

#33 ·
not bad man ive been following this for a while looks good

Reactions: reds_titan
#34 ·
Thanks man, the first design I had sat at the end if the console but I made this rap around. Kinda wished I would have tossed the angles on it but oh well it still looks clean. Think I may have to much air space too...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.