Nissan Titan Forum banner

Axxess Steering Wheel Control Adaptor

19K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  tomkat1972 
#1 ·
Does anyone out there have experience with the steering wheel control adaptor from Axxess? I've got my new deck in and hooked up the Axxess according to the vehicle guide for my 6 disk changer Titan but was unable to get it working properly. I go on a road trip next week and tomorrow is my last day before it I will be able to work on it and would love to have it working before the trip.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

#2 ·
I believe I have the same unit, the Metra ASWC Auto-Sensing Steering Wheel Control Interface that I purchased almost a year ago from Crutchfield, Part No. 120ASWC, CLICK HERE

However, I cannot offer assistance since I had my Kenwood DNX9980HD Navigation Receiver installed professionally and I haven't a clue about how to install it. My experience is only as a user and I rate the unit as excellent. There is absolutely no lag or dwell time with the operation and it works as well and as fast as the standard Nissan steering wheel controls.

Once you get it working you should be pleased with it. I wish I could be of more assistance but someone with working knowledge of installing the system will pipe up soon.

You might want to shoot a pm to tech12volt, a TT member who is in the business.

#6 ·
Nope... But mine will randomly change the source I'm on... like from ipod to tuner to satellite...

Installation was pretty straight forward... + and - hook wire to your headunit remote/input wire and hook the 3 wires up to the factory connector.. the one that connects the long skinny plug on the faceplate... this was the hardest part for me figuring that out...

#7 ·
that's the part I'm having issues with. Was your install on 6disc changer or regular radio?

#8 ·
I will be hooking this up this tonight/tomorrow in my 2011 titan. I will send screen shots if i remember..

i read this in a post.

Check all the plugs to the radio. I had 4 with a 2010 Titan with in dash 6 disc changer. I searched and found no 24 pin connector. After further evaluation I identified the plugs as follows: 2 plugs with speaker outputs and power/acc in. A 3rd was for the iPod connections and a 4th smaller plug had the 3 corresponding wires as noted in the axxess instruction manual. I used those wires and the unit worked perfectly. No problems at all. The 24 pin plug was never located and I think the RF and 6 disc in dash changer HU doesn't have it. Sorry no pics but next time I take apart my dash I will snap some and post.

#9 ·
I hooked mine up this weekend. I forgot to take pictures as i have not finished my install. I did get the stereo, amp and speakers installed. but as for the Axxess controls, I have it hooked up but cannot get it to program correctly.

When i autodetect the truck it detects but then only one button works. When i change the settings to try the different 11 settings. I can get 4 buttons to work differently. The wires you need to hook to for the access is the cables that are on the plug that is not used after your replace the stock stereo with your aftermarket stereo.

As for the Bluetooth 32 pin connector. I found this under my passenger seat. It would be the smallest thing on the floor mounted closest to the door. IF you look you will see 3 plugs on the side of the chair that is not the plugs. This is on the bottom left. It is a tight squeeze and took me a couple of hours to get these wired right.

Has anyone had the settings on an axxess aswc-1 to work in the nissan titan with a pyle PLDNV78I ? If so what stereo setting did you choose. i tried 1-11 all for different things to work and not one to work with any of the correct button settings. It does program it though.

I did contact axxess over the weekend. They stated they never tested with PYLE so they didnt really know what was up. They suggested hooking the Pyle stereo directly to my 2011 nissan titan. So the question i asked pyle and you is what cables on the nissan would i hook the stereo to. On the stereo there is awsc settings, so the stereo supports it. It has 3 cables. SwKey 1 and SwKey 2 with SWKEY ground. I know which one the ground goes to on the nissan. Pin3 as the same with Axxess.. but what would the other cables go to anyone know?

#10 ·
Hey guys, this install has stumped me. The instructions are terrible that came with the adapter. It says swc 1st wire is violet, and second is green and orange... What am i supposed to connect these to? I have the rockford 10 speaker system. I am trying to put a pioneer double din in.

After hooking up both of the harnesses, i have 4 not connected to anything. Which one has the wires im supposed to tap in to?

Thanks

#11 ·
I called them and they walked me through the install it took a few tries to get it right but try calling them they were really easy to deal with. It was over a year ago so I can't comment on which wires go to what but I only used like 4 of the wires. And set up was easy once I got it done

#13 ·
Be sure to update the firmware on it to. My wife's would doe wierd stuff like change source for no reason untill I updated the firmware. But works perfect now. If your truck is older you shouldn't need to update tho.

#15 ·
I'm trying to wire up a AXXESS ASWC-1 to a Pyle pldnb78i, I have a 1998 Ford Explorer 4.0l OHC V6 SOHC Eddie Bauer. I used the Metra 70-5700 wiring harness. I got diagram from AXXESS which wire from ASWC-1 to use to the harness, but they could not tell me where the Brown or Brown/White wire went to the Pyle. The Pyle pldnb78i has tags that say, SW key 1 Green/White wire (to steering wheel button control) and Key 2 Grey/White SW ground. I have know I deal how to wire Pyle harness to the ASWC-1. I don't know if I can wire the Pyle directly (without using the ASWC-1) if I can I'd like to know how? If anyone out there can help me I would truly appreciate your wisdom. Feel free to e-mail me at tomkat1972@ yahoo.com with every little detail. Thanks Kathie

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.