Pioneer AVH-P4100 install help - Nissan Titan Forum
Titan Visual & Audio Discussion Forum for discussion of Visual and Audio modifications, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 06-19-2009, 07:04 PM

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Pioneer AVH-P4100 install help

Ok,..

I got this 2 days ago and installed the basic wiring and am down to needing the Parking brake and Reverse gear wiring to be done.

I would like to have the parking brake bypassed and bought a toggle switch, but last night I hooked the green wire to the stereo ground wire and grounded it so I can watch it anytime and it still wouldn't show the video. Do I need to ground the MUTE (yellow wire) as well as some threads don't mention to do this and others do? Im confused on what thread is reliable or the one to follow.

Also, I would like to install a rear camera but don't know how or where to hook up the reverse gear wiring. I got my 2008 King Cab with the basic factory stereo just last week so Im learning by looking at all the search theads,..but please post some info or better yet diagrams to finish my install this weekend.

BTW,..if you have a link to a good reverse camera with color and IR off ebay, let me know..there is one Im looking at and its about $120 with a 32 ft wiring cable..

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 06-19-2009, 07:32 PM
Supporting Vendor (Gold)

iTrader Score: 33 reviews
Re: Pioneer AVH-P4100 install help

Go to AVIC411.com all you need to know will be found there

Brax | Helix | CDT | Sundown | JL Audio | Lightning | Image Dynamics | Re Audio | Kenwood | Myron & Davis | Metra | Sound Quest
#3 (permalink) Old 06-19-2009, 07:53 PM

I was searching there last night too,..Nothing specific to the AVH-P4100 or the Titan..
But looks like one needs the toggle switch, so that when you play a dvd, you need to flip the switch to send a signal to the HU...
I have it grounded now and it doesnt work..

Also, I can hook up the reverse camera to the AV for the HU,..but if I hook up an outside AV later, I will still need to know the reverse signal wire hookup...
so where is the reverse signal wire and color in a 2008 titan KC?
#4 (permalink) Old 06-19-2009, 07:56 PM
Supporting Vendor (Gold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by abakja1 View Post
I was searching there last night too,..Nothing specific to the AVH-P4100 or the Titan..
But looks like one needs the toggle switch, so that when you play a dvd, you need to flip the switch to send a signal to the HU...
I have it grounded now and it doesnt work..

Also, I can hook up the reverse camera to the AV for the HU,..but if I hook up an outside AV later, I will still need to know the reverse signal wire hookup...
so where is the reverse signal wire and color in a 2008 titan KC?
If you do not mind where di you buy this unit from????

Brax | Helix | CDT | Sundown | JL Audio | Lightning | Image Dynamics | Re Audio | Kenwood | Myron & Davis | Metra | Sound Quest
#5 (permalink) Old 06-19-2009, 07:59 PM

Bought it off ebay shipped USPS to Hawaii for $430..

Quote:
Originally Posted by tech12volt View Post
If you do not mind where di you buy this unit from????
#6 (permalink) Old 06-19-2009, 08:19 PM
Supporting Vendor (Gold)

Do you have a toggle switch. You can do it by adding a toggle switch . You have to turn it on /off/on . Or you can use a ptr7 that i sale and never have to touch it.

Reverse Light wire green/white? inside harness going to rearview mirror

#7 (permalink) Old 06-20-2009, 02:00 AM

I bought a relay yesterday and thought I would just wire it straight to ground to not have the hassle of turning a toggle on and off....Didnt work yesterday..

so I installed the toggle switch tonight and it works...My next taks is to buy and install a reverse color IR camera.....Found some on ebay I liked as it comes with a 32ft wiring harness for $100. Not sure how good it is, but its better than what I can find around in Hawaii.

So there is a wiring harness that goes to the rearview mirror? Even the stock XE King Cab that has a regular RV mirror? Will need some more elaboration on this please....

Thanks!
Kevin

Quote:
Originally Posted by tech12volt View Post
Do you have a toggle switch. You can do it by adding a toggle switch . You have to turn it on /off/on . Or you can use a ptr7 that i sale and never have to touch it.

Reverse Light wire green/white? inside harness going to rearview mirror
#8 (permalink) Old 06-23-2009, 01:40 AM

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

just installed one of these last week for a friend. the new head units cant simply be grounded out like the old ones. using a relay is much more convenient than toggle switch. just grab a 4-pole relay and wire it like so:

86 and 87 - ground

85 - remote turn on (blue wire that turns on ur amps)

30 - parking brake wire (green wire coming from the head unit)

you can T-tap into the stock ground wire to make life easier. works like a charm. hope this helps you all
#9 (permalink) Old 07-11-2009, 06:41 PM

I am trying to hook up my backup camera today since I got my DVD working now..

I hooked up the wiring for the camera, but dont know what to connect the green wire from the AVH-P4100 to?
I want to see the backup camera whenever the radio or ACC is on.
Do I connect the violet/white wire to ACC to do this, and what do I need to set the Camera Polarity to?

Right now, if I leave the violet/white wire not connected to anything, I get an image, but it disappears in 5 seconds. I need to touch the LCD to bring it back...

Thanks!

Jump to top