I've been thinking of painting my old rims, and besides the ever popular basic black, thought of a few variants similar to some that I've seen on aftermarket rims. Used a funky painting program so not the best ....
2) Black outer spokes and lips, makes the sidewalls appear taller
3) Black inner spokes with silver inner lips
4) Black inner spokes with black inner lips
5) Write-in voting only for this option by member glimmelub ... "black spokes AND lip w/ silver innerlip just to visualize it for myself, mimicking the bmf novakane's" ... I'm liking this one too. Thanks!
6) Another write-in ... concept by jd3medic, "I'm doing the inverse of option #5 to mine... Chrome spokes and outer lining with Black inner triangles. Chop by glimmelub.
7) One more, if I got it right ... concept by idiotsaray based upon number 6, but "maybe black out in between the spokes on the outer lip too". Another favorite of mine.
8) Like #5, but silver has gone red. Might look good on some Titans, (but I'm not considering it for mine).
all very interesting options, i can't decide! did a quick lil photoshop (gimping?) of black spokes AND lip w/ silver innerlip just to visualize it for myself, mimicking the bmf novakane's
have you seen the pro4x rims blacked out? but those are 18s...
props to you for going a more original route!
Don't paint. Have them powdercoated instead. Much more durable. A good shop can do schemes as well. I'll be getting mine done soon enough... I have the same rims. I just haven't figured out how I want to them. Stock colors are out for me as well... I have to be different.
2005 CC BIG TOW PACKAGE / PC STAGE 2 KIT / 3" BODY / PRG UCA / DIRT KING ALUMINUM TIE RODS / DIRT KING HEAVY DUTY SHACKLES / NFABWORKS HEAVY DUTY TRACTION BARS / GO RHINO STEP BARS / 37" TOYO M/T / 20X14 FUEL OFFROAD HOSTAGES / 08+ FRONT END STYLING / EGR USA FENDER FLARES / TRUTRAC / 4:11 GEARS / AEM BRUTE FORCE INTAKE / TAP AUTO'S CUSTOM Y-PIPE / BORLA XR1 w/RESO TIP / A.R.E LEER LS11 BED LID / AIRLIFT / PAINTED INTERIOR / L.S.A.L. / LED GLOW KIT / KENWOOD / CUSTOM SINGLE SUNDOWN SA 15" SUB IN A SEALED ENCLOSURE / COLOR MATCHED HEADLIGHT MOD
coming soon: New color, new wheel package & new interior
Really Diggin' #5!! Hmmm I bet it would look sweet on my 18's...heheehehe
SEMPER FI WAR EAGLE!
Mods: Cortex, Volant, FM40, PRG stuff, HID's, Some Audio stuff that makes my mirrors useless, 35" Toyo AT2's, some big bright lights on a one off bar, some paint on an engine cover, some window tint, Some 09', 08' parts, some fancy blue ground wires that dont do nuthin, and some other crap.
Happiness Is Beating Bama in Anything, Anytime, Anywhere
The 2nd Amendment... Washington didn't use his right to free speech to defeat the British, He shot them.
Radflo 2.5 Front, Radflo Rears, PRG UCAs, Removed Sway Bar, 325/65/18 Nitto Terra Grapplers, 5% Around, Black Anzo Headlights, Dual Flowmaster 40 Series, AEM Brute Force CAI, Prodigy 2 Brake Controller, Hella 500s, Tinted Lights, Alpine Type S Around, JL Audio 12" Sub and Amp, Red Top Optima Battery, DDM 6000k Hids, Black Grillcraft MX Mesh Grille, Debadged, Switchback LEDs, LED Strips Inside, LED Lights all around
Bedlined: Rims, Front Bumper, Grille, Side Hood Stripes, Bed/Wheel Arches, Door Molding, Bottom Rocker Panel, Wiper Cowl, Mirrors, Door Handles, Rear Bumper, Tailgate Bib, EZ Pass
Work Horse: 12' F350 295/70-18 Nitto Terra Grapplers
The AutoGuide.com network consists of the largest network of enthusiast-owned enthusiast-operated automotive communities.
AutoGuide.com provides the latest car reviews, auto show coverage, new car prices, and automotive news. The AutoGuide network operates more than 100 automotive forums where our users consult peers for shopping information and advice, and share opinions as a community.