Nissan Titan Forum banner

Rhino Road winch bumper.....

14K views 30 replies 15 participants last post by  TxTitan08 
#1 · (Edited)
I just installed a winch bumper on my truck and it is sick... now my tires look to small so let me tell yall something. A while back i put some toyo MTs the size is 275/70/r18. I was very dissappointed with these tires they are waayyyy to skinny i want to know whats the biggest and widest tires possible that can fit on a 08 pro4x leveling kit and 1 inch block in rear... (I DONT CARE IF THEY RUB ILL FIX IT)

Can anyone tell me how to add picss?????

Attachments

See less See more
#7 ·
It was a little over 1000 shipped but so worth it everyone likes it... and it bolts right up but i have the guys number his name is elijah and his number is 619-957-5051 hes the guy that makes them and prices them as well, real nice guy if u call him please mention you found him through titan talk...

#8 ·
Looks sick! Go up to like a 305 tire. that'll be a wider tire. or a 325 60 18. thats a 33 by like 12.5 tire.

#10 · (Edited)
Looks good!
As for tires, wider ones get pulled in at the sidewalls by narrow rims, so if you are using stock rims, it could look a little better but not that much IMO.

For example, you could get the LT295/70R18 in the Nitto Trail Grappler M/T, at 34.6" but less than a half inch wider than your 275's on the stock rims. Or Toyo has a 33x12.5R18LT which is about an inch wider on the stock rims, and half an inch shorter than current.

But with 275's you can only go up to an 8.5" width rim so they will only get 0.2" wider at the sidewall. But with a smaller backspacing you can get a much more aggressive look, (along with more likelihood of having to trim at the pinch weld).

With the 33x12.5's on a 9" rim with 4.5" backspacing, the rims outside edge would be 2" farther out, and the tire would be 12.3" wide instead of the current 275's 11". Since they're a 33.0" might not be too much trimming.

With the 295 Trails on the 9's they would be about 11.93" wide, and 34.6" so you'd have a lot of trimming, and it might affect your torque converter locking into OD when it should. I get this with my current 34's with the BT gears, (same ratio as yours).

I also looked at the specs on the BFG KM2 M/T in the LT305/60R18, but like of lot of the 305's they are not true 33's, and it is only 32.6" diameter, a full inch shorter than the current 275's.

If you kept your 275's and stuck them out an inch and a half with wheel adapters, or got 8.5" rims with a 4.75" to a 4" backspacing, they would look a lot more aggressive.

#11 ·
Very nice.

#13 · (Edited)
You could fit the 33x12.5" Toyo w/o a wheel adapter and no trimming, but by sticking them out an inch or inch and a half they would look much more aggressive, and add a little stability.

The torque converter allows the truck to shift into overdrive and drops out of OD for hills. But when too tall of a tire is used it can mess up when it locks and unlocks. On my Titan 33.5" Toyo M/Ts were fine but not my 33.98" Nitto Terra Grapplers A/T's ... after reaching speed it doesn't lock up right away. In more severe cases, like when someone runs a 35 with a 2.94 gear ratio, (non tow package, OR, or PRO-4x), the Titan can shift out of OD for even slight hills).
With a 2wd, aftermarket gears are available, but fronts are not out yet for 4x4's, and the 1st ones look to be 4.10's or 4.11's which are too high of a ratio, (low of a gear), for 35's, unless you don't mind high RPM's even in OD. We need 3.73 gears for 35's. So from here on out I plan to stay with 33.5" diameter max, until there are gears, and they've been proven for a year or two.

You can get programmers and other performance mods to take care of the loss of power that a larger tire diameters cause by change the overall gearing, but gears is the only thing I know of that will trick the torque converter into thinking it is running stock. Performance mods will also help with the Toyo's or Trails heavy weight.

#14 ·
I wonder how tough it would be to line up on a Body Lift?

#16 ·
35/12.50 is the biggest tire you can fit with a leveling kit. You may have to "massage" the pinch weld area a little though...

#17 ·
Did u have to get wheel spacers and how bad do they rub??? i would love to get some 35/12.5/r18 toyo mts looking at phurchasing next week...Ill take a pic of my truk tomorrow when there is some daylight. is ur truck leveled also???oh and i tow around a little over 12,000 pounds would this cause the tires to fail???

#18 · (Edited)
Wheel spacers make rubbing worse at the pinch weld. They are only good for stopping rubbing on the suspension, like spindles, and some inexpensive UCA's, or for those rims that have their spokes rubbing on the brakes, like with my Black Rock Viper's. A wheel adapter would have worked for me instead of grinding them, but wheel adapter are the only ones I would run and they're an inch thick, so my pinch weld rubbing would have been way worse.

#19 ·
I've been running 325/60/18 terra grapplers on stock five spokes since last march. There was no rubbing at all anywhere on the fenders or on the suspension. I recommend this size just for the simple fact that you wont have to invest anymore effort in making them fit. One month ago i put on some black pro comp 7033 18x9 with a 0 offset. They rubbed bad so i just trimmed the pinch welds and now the clearance is perfect. I have a cheap daystar leveling spacer which is getting trashed for some bilsteins this weekend. Can't wait. I also have air rides in the rear and they had to be adjusted to clear the tires with the stock rims.

#20 ·
A 6" lift with 35s will look the best JK...

#22 ·
I just came across these bumpers today, can you give your personal review on them please? How strong are they?

#23 ·
That bumper is sick !

#24 ·
that bumper is beyond sick! Im calling Elijah on Monday. I know I am gonna be sweating the freight to Alaska... who knows, I may end up living in my RV with my truck parked beside it!

#25 ·
I found this forum by search for a rear bumper to match my front bumper.. Somehow I stumbled on this site and found this thread of what looks to be my truck. I bought it a few years ago from a small ebay dealership in Houston, Tx.. looks identical to mine.. Bought a $10 VIN history report that shows my truck as an SE, yet the dash has white gauges and the seats say pro-4x.. There is nothing else to indicate the model or history.. So Gato_86, if you are still around and you think this is your old truck let me know.. I would love to get more info on what has been done and what model the truck is. Looks like some money and was dropped on it..Has rhino suspension- bags - flowmaster exhaust, and was wired for nice sound system..Also seems to have some sort of chip maybe.. Truck is jumpy and tires will spin if you floor it from a stop.. Any info would be greatTHANKS!

Attachments

#28 ·
yeah.. When all is said and done, I'll have some ~$70k in my T, purchase and mods.. and it'll bluebook for slightly more than scrap price..lol
ANY modding to a truck is about utility, not value. Simple fact is 'all original' will always be worth more than 'modded to beastly perfection' even though a lot of our (and everyone else's) OEM parts are junk right off the assembly line

#29 ·
Looks like gato_86 hasn't contributed to this forum in years.. Can anyone else suggest a way for me find out exactly what model my Titan is.. Like I said.. The $10 VIN history report says it is an SE. However, I don't think the SE would come with seats that have a pro4x tag on the headrests and I was told the white gauges only came in the pro4x.. Any help would be appreciated!

#31 ·
That's true.. I'm not dimissing that possibility.. that is precisely why I am looking for advice on how to determine the exact model from the mfg. or any other evidence that it is a Pro-4x. Something that would be ridiculous to swap from a Pro-4x and put into an SE. The reason I doubt the VIN report is it listed the same mileage as it had when i bought it.. I not sure how or where these cheap little online VIN history service gets there information..Does the dealership provide this info?? For all I know the little dealership could have swapped VIN plates from a wrecked SE and put it on my Truck which could be stolen..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.