Nissan Titan Forum banner

Trailer Brake Module

2K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  54warrior 
#1 ·
Any suggestions on a good trailer brake module, and is it an easy install?

Sent from my iPhone using AG Free

#2 ·
Reactions: Full Tilt
#3 ·
What he said. ^

#4 ·
Also, this is helpful:

Originally posted by mjw357:

White Wire – Ground (B – GND)
Blue Wire - Trailer Electric Brakes (BR / W - BRK OUT)
Black Wire - Positive Terminal on battery (R - Fused B+)
Red Wire - Cold Side of stop lamp switch (R / G - BRK SIG)
No connection - (R / L – ILL)

I found this color comparison very helpful.

Nissan uses different colors on the harness than most (possibly all) brake controllers wiring. The above compares the controller wiring to the NIssan harness.

Tekonsha makes great products.

#6 ·
The nissan harness was a little hard to find (at least cheap). If you have the connector that comes with the truck it only takes 5 min to hook up the wires with 4 crimp connectors.

#9 · (Edited)
#11 ·
Prodigy is a particular model of EBC made by Tekonsha. Very good controller. Prodigy P2 Brake Control - RVWholesalers.com RV Parts and Accessories

Edit: Package deal of controller and adapter. Plug and play. The installation would take about 15 minutes. Tekonsha Prodigy Proportional Brake Controller with Nissan Adapter Tekonsha Brake Controller with Wiring 90185-3050P

This one works great. Easy install. I set mine up with some velcro on the lower dash beneath the steering wheel and on the controller holder. I unplug the controller and tuck it under the rear seats when not in use.

#10 ·
How many times do you tow? I was about to pull the trigger on a P2 and then realized that I only tow about once a year. So I snagged a Tekonsha IQ for $75 shipped off amazon and it works great for what I need. P2 is the next step up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.