Tire pressure - Nissan Titan Forum
Titan Wheels, Tires & Brakes Technical discussion about the wheels, tires, brakes, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 03-11-2005, 06:40 PM

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to firefighter4usn
Tire pressure

I just wanted to ask what is everyone running as far as the tire pressure in their Titan's? I have the 17 inch off road BFG'z rugged trails.... the truck recomens setting the pressure at 35 psi cold.... I do run that... even tire wear all the way around.... I was just wonding if some of these guys posting that theu are getting gas mileage in the 20's are running a higher pressure!?! just curious what you all are running....
The owners manual say when you rotate the tire.... got front to rear + rear to the front keeping the same tires on the same side of the truck... I was looking on the BFG website and it says to cross em!?! Any recomendations.... thanks for your time!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 03-11-2005, 06:47 PM

Location: Black Mountain, N.C. with the mountains and winding roads = FUN!!!
iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to honeykeeper
Thumbs up Welcome to Titan Talk......

Welcome to Titan Talk.....firefighterforusn...I always cross rotate-em .........and my same tires are at 38.5 psi all around...you can also SEARCH on TT and find out a lot.
Peace-Tom Gaelic Ale

3-29-05 Born 4/09/05 Adopted SEKC 4 x 4 Off Road with 08 Big Tow-E-Loc, Blizzard Graphite/Titanium Interior, Popular Package, Bench Seat,
Bilstein front/rear shocks, Deaver Mini-Pak Springs, Total Chaos Shackles, Hellwig Anti-Sway Bar, Mag-Hytek Honeypot, HK Rear Axle Vent Mod.
ARE Z shell..OEM bug/rock deflector, Lund AVS Ventvisors, OEM mud gaurds, Bushwhacker- notched-Fender Flares, Stainless Steel Titan Door Sills, Black Vinyl Door Edge Molding on front doors and vertical sides of Tailgate, Spoiler Direct Chrome Tailgate Trim, Utilitrac System, OEM Dual Lower Sliding Trays, OEM under-seat-storganiser, Silver Star Ultra L B, White Night Backup Lights, CT Windshield Sun Reflector, Drawtite Activator II trailer-e-brake control, Super-Z-Winter Traction Cables, Dueler AT REVO Tires-4th set, Frozen Rotors/Hawk Pads, NISSAN I-POD adapter, Bosch Icon blades-2nd set, Optima Red Top battery.

6 x 10' low bed/rails trailer with E-brakes. 108 year old rebuilt 4,000 lb. road roller/packer.
JFK http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8dLHZ6jKFc
"We have the Capability & Technology to Eliminate 100% of our needs for Persian Gulf Oil" R.F.K.Jr. 7-07:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KG5zckBejK0

Last edited by Tom Mincarelli; 03-11-2005 at 06:49 PM.
#3 (permalink) Old 03-11-2005, 06:55 PM

I run 32 PSI for a softer ride

2004 SE CC 4x4,Off-Road Package, Big-Tow Package, Nissan Seat Covers, Toolbox, bed extender, Silverstars, 4 Hella 500 driving lights

Suspension Mods:
Rancho 4" Lift with RSX9000 and Remote
BFG MT/KO 35"x12.5"r17

Audio Mods:
Alpine MRP-F450 amp, Infinity 6x9s, Eclipse 12" ported sub...

Cooming soon:
HIDs and Yellow Fogs...

#4 (permalink) Old 03-11-2005, 07:18 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to firefighter4usn
Hey thanks tom.... I appricate all of your help.... and I will continue searching on TT... take care!!! is 38.5 a hard ride?
#5 (permalink) Old 03-11-2005, 07:34 PM

Location: Black Mountain, N.C. with the mountains and winding roads = FUN!!!
iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to honeykeeper
Thumbs up Might have to experiment for your terrain.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by firefighter4usn
Hey thanks tom.... I appricate all of your help.... and I will continue searching on TT... take care!!! is 38.5 a hard ride?
When the temps. of the tire drop......it is softer.....no need to pressure up higher..........is what I have been trying with some success for my terrain.
You may have to experiment for yours. With some weight in your Titan the smoother the ride.....empty will be rougher for a Off Road 4 x 4 Big Tow Titan.
Peace-Tom Bass Ale

3-29-05 Born 4/09/05 Adopted SEKC 4 x 4 Off Road with 08 Big Tow-E-Loc, Blizzard Graphite/Titanium Interior, Popular Package, Bench Seat,
Bilstein front/rear shocks, Deaver Mini-Pak Springs, Total Chaos Shackles, Hellwig Anti-Sway Bar, Mag-Hytek Honeypot, HK Rear Axle Vent Mod.
ARE Z shell..OEM bug/rock deflector, Lund AVS Ventvisors, OEM mud gaurds, Bushwhacker- notched-Fender Flares, Stainless Steel Titan Door Sills, Black Vinyl Door Edge Molding on front doors and vertical sides of Tailgate, Spoiler Direct Chrome Tailgate Trim, Utilitrac System, OEM Dual Lower Sliding Trays, OEM under-seat-storganiser, Silver Star Ultra L B, White Night Backup Lights, CT Windshield Sun Reflector, Drawtite Activator II trailer-e-brake control, Super-Z-Winter Traction Cables, Dueler AT REVO Tires-4th set, Frozen Rotors/Hawk Pads, NISSAN I-POD adapter, Bosch Icon blades-2nd set, Optima Red Top battery.

6 x 10' low bed/rails trailer with E-brakes. 108 year old rebuilt 4,000 lb. road roller/packer.
JFK http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8dLHZ6jKFc
"We have the Capability & Technology to Eliminate 100% of our needs for Persian Gulf Oil" R.F.K.Jr. 7-07:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KG5zckBejK0

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Titan Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jump to top