Nissan Titan Forum banner

295 tire vs 35

7K views 39 replies 18 participants last post by  hchapman 
#1 ·
Just ordered my tires and rims I got Terra Grapplers in size 295/70r/18, I wanted them in 35x12.5x18 but he was out of stock and gave me a killer deal on the 295's. My question on a 6inch procomp lift, how much will I notice the difference in size, and look on a 6inch lift?

#2 · (Edited)
barely any difference, 295/70 is 34.4 x 11.77

#5 ·
There is a difference between them. It's not just height. The 35x12.5 is at least an inch wider. That makes a difference. The overall tire is bigger. Just a 2 inch level made the stock 275 ' s look small. A bigger 295 looks better, but with 4 more inches, I would think the 295 would look small. But everyone has an opinion and you will always find some you like and some you don't. As long as you like them, that's what counts.

#6 · (Edited)
There is a difference between them. It's not just height. The 35x12.5 is at least an inch wider. That makes a difference. The overall tire is bigger. Just a 2 inch level made the stock 275 ' s look small. A bigger 295 looks better, but with 4 more inches, I would think the 295 would look small. But everyone has an opinion and you will always find some you like and some you don't. As long as you like them, that's what counts.
Wrong, it's less than an inch wider 12.5" vs 11.77" according to the Nitto site

#8 ·
I'm just giving accurate information instead of false information, I don't have to go to the dealer, I know how to look at information provided from the manufacturer and use math to subtract 11.77 from 12.5 and come up with a .73" difference, which I believe is less than an inch. If you don't like my response, use your own advice and ignore it.

Reactions: 08 Niss Titan
#11 ·
The next size taller is 325/65-18 is 12.99 inches wide. You can disagree without being a d!ck.

#9 ·
#10 ·
There is a reason I updated my ignore list :lol:

#12 ·
The best way for you to resolve his disagreement is to send me a set of four from each size mentioned. In about seven to ten years when I've worn all sets out, I'll get back to you on how close the sizes were installed on my 09!

Personally, i think it would be the best course here.

#13 ·
I guess there's really no reason to argue, anyway. According to the website, they don't sell an actual 35x12.50 for an 18. The 325/65 would be the closest thing. I would consider those if I were lifting 6", but then again, 295 ' s may look awesome. Can't wait to see it.

#16 ·
It depends if you like skinny tires or fat tires I like having a fat tire with a bigger lift. Im running the 295s on the RC 3.5in lift and they fit perfect. In my opinion I wld of went with the bigger tire but since they didnt have them in stock and you got a good deal try them out and if you dont like it, you cld sell and buy bigger. Good luck. Post some pics with the tires on

#19 ·
Another thread of grown men getting their feelings hurt that's about to get closed.

Please turn in your man card.............Maybe y'all should start a thread about planting flowers and wearing dresses.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

Reactions: osiris10012
#20 ·
No one asked for your input. The thread has been dead for days. Seems like you have interest in getting an argument started. That, or you want me to start a thread about "planting flowers and wearing dresses,"so you can finally feel comfortable about talking about things like that. Lots of people come out of the closet. Maybe deep down, that's your way of doing it?

#21 ·
really?

FA was just correcting false information, he was not rude, or anything. are you mad because you were wrong, and he called you on it?

then on to the personal attacks, and the comment about people being "in the closet"

ill go ahead and say bye to you now, because you wont be around much longer.

#23 ·
Keep what going? I just read your profanity and your uneducated remarks and laugh. Someone is direct in a response and you take it personally. This is a site for truck information and that was what you got. But keep degrading people as long as it makes you feel better about your skinny tires. Keep trolling on. Cartoon Organism Font Fictional character Parallel

You are welcome to reply but you are now on my block list so I will not see it.

Text Font Label Signage Sign

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

#24 ·
good gravy. anyways. I'm thinking I'm gonna run a 295/60r20 about 34" and the width is only about .7"-1" smaller than a 305/55r20 depending on tire brand rather have the extra inch height

#30 · (Edited)
just so people know...a 295 70 18 is SIMILAR to a 35/1250/18 but wayyyyyyyyyy more narrow then a 325/65/18. even tho most think a 35/1250 and a 325 65 are the same, they usually aren't exactly the same. nitto/toyo run their 325's really wide. which is fantastic. my 325 60's are closer to 13 inches wide when on the truck. which was a huge difference when i changed from the 295/70's.

i can see what the banned guy was saying. well, before he started saying the stuff that got him banned lol.

#31 · (Edited)
But nobody even said anything about a 325/65 in the comparison until after the correct measurements were posted, we were discussing a 295/70. MsR started talking about the 325 after the fact.

#32 ·
Don't bring your logic in here.

#33 ·
Fvck must be that time of the month.... Did all of your periods synch up or something?
We come here for car parts, truck talk, manly schiet! Leave the drama and emotions somewhere else...
Seriously....

Reactions: hchapman
#34 ·
haha it elevated rather quickly.

#38 · (Edited)
In the Terra Grappler there is a noticeable width difference between a 295 and a 12.5 or 325, IMO. I also don't remember seeing any non-metric numbers offered in a Terra Grappler for awhile now so my reply is based off a 325 which is spec'd as 13" wide. I know on the site it said only about 1" or so difference, which would be only 0.5" on each side but when you see them in person you can see the difference in tread width appears to be much more than that for some reason. A 305 width still looks good and isn't very noticeable. If you went with something like a Goodyear Duratrac or Di*k Cepek then a 295 looks good on these trucks, but I would go with a 305 or 325 TerraGrappler before one of the others.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.