Nissan Titan Forum banner

305/70r18 dura grapplers on stock 18s

10K views 27 replies 7 participants last post by  BeardOfWar 
#1 ·
Hey all. Gonna be snagging up some dura grapplers. Noticed on the specs the approved rim width is 8.5-? I believe I have the 18x8s on my '10 pro 4x? Would it be safe to run these on my stock wheels? Is a half inch that big of a deal? Thanks in advance.

#2 ·
Yes. You will be fine. Plenty of people running 35x12.50's on here with no issue.

Reactions: chunko
#3 ·
Several of u are squeezing 325 onto the stock rims. It is pushing it, but doable.

I wouldn't worry a bit about 305s.

#4 ·
Those are great tires!

#5 ·
How are the duras in the snow? Trying to get rid of my m/ts before winter. I've had bad experiences in the snow with muds. Would the terra be better? I really like the look of the duras an Terra's don't come in that size.

#6 ·
I know they were great in the rain haven't really seen much snow because I live in AZ. That size tire is gonna be bigger then a 35x12.5 so get ready to do some trimming. Also I have 325/65/18 on my titan spare which I believe is 8" wide so no problems there. I did have to mount it myself though. I am not sure if a shop will mount 325's on an 8" rim since they recommend 10".

#7 ·
I have my bils set at 2". I have a ton of room with 285/65 destination m/ts. The most I'll have to do is the pwm. Nitto says they're 34.8"x12.7. Not that much wider than a 12.5

#10 · (Edited)
I could just settle for the Terra's in 295/70. There's not a huge difference in diameter, just width. How is it that I'd be more likely to clear those with my current setup but not the duras in 305/70? That's only a half inch difference, which means a quarter of an inch on each side of the tire...

#11 ·
with 2-3/8 rise up front, I needed a little trim to fully clear my 295/70/18's at full front compression and turned. You should be able to clear those well by just cutting some. Diameter isn't as much a factor in the clearance as width and backspacing, With OEM BS you'll clear better with a smaller trim. My 295's didn't rub unless I really flexed out the suspension with the wheels turned. 305/70/18 is a tough size to find and doesn't leave many options. That's the size I had originally wanted, but settled for 295s

#13 ·
As long as PWM is non-issue, you'll do fine with the 305s. As stated, I'd have them if I could have found a tire I liked in that size.

#14 ·
305/70-18 is smaller than a 35x12.50R18 barely in height but close to inch more narrow as a 12.50 actually measures out to around 13" wide.

#15 ·
I can tell you that a 305/70/18 on a 9" rim is bigger then a 35x12.5x18. I have had both on my truck. If you get these tires you will be doing a extreme pinch weld mod. I had a Maxtrac spindles and 2.5 leveling kit on my truck when I first got them and had serious rubbing issues. I have a set of 37s I am getting ready to put on my truck soon and I rolled them up to my Nittos and there is only a 1/2" difference. I know on paper they should be 34 something but beware these are big for metric 35s. They are probably the best riding tires I have ever owned.

#17 ·
Maybe so. That would throw a monkey wrench into choosing that tire, for sure.

#16 ·
Here is a picture of a 35x12.5x18 and the Nitto Duras to compare. It shocked me when we compared them its quite a difference. Both are mounted on 18x9" rims.

Attachments

#18 ·
Alright guys I decided I'm going with the new terra g2s. Hopefully getting on Saturday. Can't decide whether I want 35x12.5 or 325/65. There's only a $40 difference. The 35x12.5 is only a 7lb difference I believe. What would be best? Stock 8" rim and a 2" level up front. Keep in mind that I have a '10 pro 4x. Thanks guys

#20 ·
I wouldn't put either of those on with just a 2" level. It doesn't matter how much you trim, it will not be functional.

#21 ·
Why not just go with 295 and no that trimming should be minimal and that your not stuffing a tire in their?

Reactions: MSrockyblue
#22 · (Edited)
I wouldn't really be stuffing them in there. There's a lot of room in my fender wells and I'm running a 32.6" tire now and looks goofy. They look tiny so I'm afraid a 33" isn't much bigger and wouldn't do much. I'd have no prob pulling 35s with the big tow package either. CC is welcome though.

#23 ·
A 295/70/18 is a 34" tire. I would bet they would fill the wheelwell fine and you would probably still have to do minor pinch weld mod.

#24 · (Edited)
Don't bother trying to explain. I understand, now why people get mad at redundant questions. Let him try to get them installed and when he cant get out of a parking lot without rubbing everywhere, he'll come back and ask for more advice. He obviously knows better, he has "all that room in his fender well." Lol

#25 ·
Well I got the new terra grappler g2s in a 35x12.5. And guess what? They fit great. Don't look 'stuffed' and no pwm either. Only had to trim a bit of the inner bottom fender liner. They weren't rubbing, but they came close. Everything is fine. Thanks for the advice though...except for MSrockyblue.

#27 ·
If you hit a pebble in the road, you will rub.

#26 ·
Glad it worked out for you. Pics or it never happened.HAHA

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.