Nissan Titan Forum banner

URGENT! Need Advice Today - 35's with 18 Rims - Inside Rub

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Lee-the-Impaler 
#1 ·
Hey Guys,

I was hoping I could get some quick advice. I posted on here about a week ago asking for reccomendations on wheels/tires for my '05 Titan with a 6'' Pro Comp lift and it was recommended I go with the 35 Nitto Terra Grapplers with an 18'' wheel.

I took that advice and went to my local Kal - Tire (they have the exclusive deal with Nitto) and ordered up a set of 35's and 18' American Racing wheels. The wheels are 0 offset (see photo below).

I spoke with other guys who said they had a similar set up, but when the shop went to put the wheels and tires on today they said that they were getting some rub on the inside fender when the wheels were cranked all the way to the right or left.

So now I have the truck sitting on the lift and I need some advice:

- Should I ask them to put in spacers? I talked to them about it and they said they don't think it would help.

- He also said going with a -15 offset wouldn't help either.

- It is just a slight rub, should I just have them installed and deal with the rubbing?

- Is it possible to get the inside fenders trimmed without costing an arm and a leg?

I've already spent over $3k with this tire and rim package so I'm doing my best not to spend a bunch more.

Any immediate advice would be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Search pinch weld mod, cut fender (not the wheel well liner save that), spray paint over it, replace fender liner, be on your way.

Edit: A sawzall and can of spray paint is all it takes. Can be done in your driveway.

Second Edit: More negative offset or adding spacers will make the rubbing worse so don't do that.

#4 ·
pwm is fairly easy.

Afterwards, if you have a heat gun, you can re-shape the corner of the fender cowl and it will not even look like anything has been done to it.

but it's not entirely needed, just aesthetic

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.