What Are Your Gripes? - Nissan Titan Forum
2016+ Nissan Titan Reviews A sections to discuss media and owner reviews of the new 2016 Nissan Titan. Post a review and read others in here. Share your thoughts with the community.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 78 (permalink) Old 11-06-2018, 11:24 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
What Are Your Gripes?

So, I am still fairly new to my 2018 Titan - I picked it up in mid-June. Every new vehicle gives us those certain sore spots that annoy us, so what are yours on your Titan?

Currently, mine are:
1) I have a rattle underneath my steering column (Yes, I need to get warranty to look at it)
2) I dont understand why once you exit out of your parking sensor beeping, it stops it for the entire ride. IE: I was in a drive-thru and it was going crazy, so I pushed the enter button to stop it beeping. When I got back to my office and was backing into my parking space, the sensors didn't trigger....
3) Would love if the door hinges held the door open a bit better. My driveway is on a slope and the door won't stay fully open and usually slams my elbow as i'm reaching in
4) Nissan needs to add a steering wheel button that allows you to scan through the radio or XM channels one by one and not just presets. It's a pain, and dangerous, to reach over to the tuner knob to turn change channels to something not on your presets (I need more presets, too!). If i'm missing something on this, PLEASE let me know!

That's my bit***ng done for the day....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 78 (permalink) Old 11-06-2018, 12:34 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
FYI, If you push up or down and hold the steering wheel button, it will function as a seek button.

Current: 2018 Platinum Reserve
Previous: 2009 SL (125k); 2005 SL (110k)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GoVols! For This Useful Post:
BillD2456 (03-24-2019), forsythtitan (11-07-2018), reddirtross (02-19-2019)
post #3 of 78 (permalink) Old 11-06-2018, 12:40 PM
Premium User
Nissan Titan Status - Premium Member

Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Re: What Are Your Gripes?

These are pretty minor.

1) I got mine in August and I have something rolling around in the console. I've literally removed everything from the truck and you'll still hear it with any L to R movement. I'll have it addressed when I take it in for
the first service.
2) More an issue with the dealership but I noticed the front fender flare and mirror had been rubbed against something and I brought it to their attention the first time I washed it...I was promised new parts yet they
still haven't been ordered. Secondly, I noticed after having xpel installed there's a nasty scratch on the bottom side of the front bumper, same side the other stuff got scraped. At this point I'm going to live with it
b/c it isn't obvious until your line of site allows you to see the lower side of the bumper but damn, someone was not paying any attention when all that happened.
3) Similar complaint regarding the open detentes for the door. You either open it up barely enough to squeeze out or it's ALL the way open which is too far for any parking spot. It'd be nice if there was one additional
detente.
4) I have to be firm with the acceleration unless I'm puttering around b/c that tranny is looking to get to 7th ASAP. All cars do this though so can't really say it's unique to Titan. There is something about the tranny
and how it shifts that is a bit off putting.

Totally get your point on scanning radio/satellite stations...I've dealt with that issue on every Nissan I've owned.

2018 Titan Pro-4X
post #4 of 78 (permalink) Old 11-06-2018, 12:45 PM

Quoted: 48 Post(s)

Also, the parking sensor button can be pressed again to turn it back on after you've turned it off, if that's what you want to do. There's a light on the button that indicates whether the system is active or not. As far as gripes go, mine are pretty few and not a huge deal:

1.) The transmission gearing could be a little better. Driving around town is kind of annoying since it doesn't shift out of third until just over 40 mph. So if you're going 40, the engine is turning at ~1800 rpms, then it shifts and drops to 1200. Should be a shorter gap between those gears and a longer gap between 5th, 6th and 7th.
2.) The screen resolution could be a bit sharper. The around view monitors are great, but I'm coming from a 2015 BMW that had much better resolution/clarity, and well...it's 2018.
3.) I wish it had the sunroof and rear window options that the gen 1 titan had. I don't like the pano sunroofs, but a regular one is great, and the power rear window in the gen 1 titan has a much larger opening than the gen 2's.

Overall I love the truck. It does exactly what I want it to do, and it's incredibly quiet and comfortable to drive.
post #5 of 78 (permalink) Old 11-06-2018, 12:49 PM
Premium User

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoVols! View Post
FYI, If you push up or down and hold the steering wheel button, it will function as a seek button.
IIRC when listening to SXM, that goes from one genre to another. There isn't a way that I've found to use the steering wheel to scroll 1 station at a time.

2018 Titan Pro-4X
post #6 of 78 (permalink) Old 11-06-2018, 12:51 PM
Premium User

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA02MAX View Post
3.) I wish it had the sunroof and rear window options that the gen 1 titan had. I don't like the pano sunroofs, but a regular one is great, and the power rear window in the gen 1 titan has a much larger opening than the gen 2's.

Overall I love the truck. It does exactly what I want it to do, and it's incredibly quiet and comfortable to drive.
YES or the rear window. I'd love a sunroof as well...pano or regular.

2018 Titan Pro-4X
post #7 of 78 (permalink) Old 11-06-2018, 01:00 PM Thread Starter

My wife has a sunroof on her Grand Cherokee and I am pretty sure it has been opened twice. I had one on an old Tahoe and I was the same way...yet, I would love a Wrangler.

For the parking sensors - I did notice I can push the button to turn it back on. I just find it odd that they allow you to turn it off at a specific time via the digital display, but I feel as though it should automatically kick back the next time it's needed after say "x" amount of time. If I were to turn it off via the button, I understand it staying off. I'm not a vehicle engineer though, so what do I know!
post #8 of 78 (permalink) Old 11-06-2018, 01:02 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goliath View Post
These are pretty minor.

1) I got mine in August and I have something rolling around in the console. I've literally removed everything from the truck and you'll still hear it with any L to R movement. I'll have it addressed when I take it in for
the first service.
2) More an issue with the dealership but I noticed the front fender flare and mirror had been rubbed against something and I brought it to their attention the first time I washed it...I was promised new parts yet they
still haven't been ordered. Secondly, I noticed after having xpel installed there's a nasty scratch on the bottom side of the front bumper, same side the other stuff got scraped. At this point I'm going to live with it
b/c it isn't obvious until your line of site allows you to see the lower side of the bumper but damn, someone was not paying any attention when all that happened.
3) Similar complaint regarding the open detentes for the door. You either open it up barely enough to squeeze out or it's ALL the way open which is too far for any parking spot. It'd be nice if there was one additional
detente.
4) I have to be firm with the acceleration unless I'm puttering around b/c that tranny is looking to get to 7th ASAP. All cars do this though so can't really say it's unique to Titan. There is something about the tranny
and how it shifts that is a bit off putting.

Totally get your point on scanning radio/satellite stations...I've dealt with that issue on every Nissan I've owned.
Where did you get yours from? I got mine from Nalley on Hwy 20 and had a few minor scratches on my bumper from the dealer. I noticed them on the final walk through after papers were signed, but again, they're so minor and only seen if you know they're there. The dealer did offer to take my truck to their body shop for a week and repaint the bumper, but it wasn't worth my worry.
post #9 of 78 (permalink) Old 11-06-2018, 01:05 PM

Quoted: 48 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by forsythtitan View Post
My wife has a sunroof on her Grand Cherokee and I am pretty sure it has been opened twice. I had one on an old Tahoe and I was the same way...yet, I would love a Wrangler.

For the parking sensors - I did notice I can push the button to turn it back on. I just find it odd that they allow you to turn it off at a specific time via the digital display, but I feel as though it should automatically kick back the next time it's needed after say "x" amount of time. If I were to turn it off via the button, I understand it staying off. I'm not a vehicle engineer though, so what do I know!
This is the first vehicle I've had without a sunroof, and mine have always gotten a ton of use. I love when it's mild out, I can just open the sunroof on the interstate, set the hvac to just vent (no fan blowing, no a/c) and it feels great.

The main reason you can turn it off is for towing. With a trailer right behind you, it goes nuts... if you're towing on a long trip, it'd be more tiring to turn it off every time, then to turn it back on when you do need it...just my opinion.
post #10 of 78 (permalink) Old 11-06-2018, 01:19 PM
Premium User

Quote:

Or if you go over a certain speed.

2018 Titan Pro-4X
post #11 of 78 (permalink) Old 11-06-2018, 01:21 PM
Premium User

Quote:
Where did you get yours from? I got mine from Nalley on Hwy 20 and had a few minor scratches on my bumper from the dealer. I noticed them on the final walk through after papers were signed, but again, they're so minor and only seen if you know they're there. The dealer did offer to take my truck to their body shop for a week and repaint the bumper, but it wasn't worth my worry.
Same place, Nalley...I told them I wanted new painted parts though and they agreed.

2018 Titan Pro-4X
post #12 of 78 (permalink) Old 11-07-2018, 09:05 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Trim melting. Second time.
Attached Thumbnails
What Are Your Gripes?-img_20181106_162130_1541610288179.jpg  
post #13 of 78 (permalink) Old 11-07-2018, 09:20 AM
Premium User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jer.peters07 View Post
Trim melting. Second time.
Any idea what's causing that?

2018 Titan Pro-4X
The Following User Says Thank You to Goliath For This Useful Post:
Titan332009 (12-13-2018)
post #14 of 78 (permalink) Old 11-07-2018, 09:40 AM
Premium User

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1840 Post(s)
Thanked 28,494 Times in 14,320 Posts
Garage
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

I see Nissan still hasn't learned how to paint.

It USED to look like this...
Pow ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... .. .. .. . . Ding!
TrainingWheelsWhore™
ChumToeWhore™
08 Pro4X with peeling clear coat. Looks terrible!!
Wife's ride '12 Maxima S Limited Edition
2013 Coachmen Catalina 252RLS Santara Series
Click here for mods
My Pics

So long, Walrus (Wally). Forum legend. Friend.
post #15 of 78 (permalink) Old 11-07-2018, 10:36 AM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)

Melting second time, same spot? I assume you are parking next to something reflecting the sun and concentrating it, ...like a mirror for another car, then it goes through a curved window or something.

Gripes, very limited aftermarket parts
The Following User Says Thank You to jshortsl For This Useful Post:
Titan332009 (12-13-2018)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Titan Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Jump to top