LED light bar style , mounting location questions. - Nissan Titan Forum
2016 Titan General Forum General discussion forum for the new 2016 Nissan Titan.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-06-2018, 04:39 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Garage
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
LED light bar style , mounting location questions.

I live in a rural area and drive a lot of two-lane , 55 mile-per-hour speed limit, unlit roads, with a lot of wildlife. I just turned 56 and am starting to notice my vision at night is getting poorer. Add a little rain and it is especially difficult for me to see clearly , or at least as clear as I would like to. New glasses have helped a lot , but I would like to have an LED bar on the front of my 2017 Pro 4X. I would like light bar to be less than 18 inches wide and would like to mount it someplace along the front grill area . There are a number of trucks in my area that have bull bars with LED bars attached . None of these are Titans, which are few and far between here anyway . Come to think of it, I haven't seen New Generation Titan in this area, other than the occasional one with out of state plates . Does anyone have any experience with this and could offer some suggestions or links as to where I can get more information ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-06-2018, 07:21 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Not quite what your after, but Rigid. Industries makes a grill option for their LED 20" light bar. They also have replacement LED lights for the current fog lights. All their lights carry a lifetime warranty.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-07-2018, 06:31 AM

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Re: LED light bar style , mounting location questions.

Here is where I put my 20" bar. Be aware of your local laws....after 10+ years of running these types of lights on various trucks, I got a $155 ticket over the holidays for running a non-DOT offroad light on the highways. (I live out in the country and use it to see wildlife, always turning it off when other drivers are present)
Attached Thumbnails
LED light bar style , mounting location questions.-p1000088-large-.jpg   LED light bar style , mounting location questions.-p1000089-large-.jpg  

2017 Titan SV Premium
AVS Hood Protector
AVS Vent shades
20" LED
Weathertech mats
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-07-2018, 07:13 AM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)

2 questions for ya..Was the double sided tape on the bottom of the hood protector or in the middle that covers the hood lip?? I swear they put the tape on the wrong damn side, I just opened mine yesterday and I was scratchin my head. And what LED light is that and was it hard to install?? thanks
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-07-2018, 08:33 AM

Quoted: 61 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMX Dave View Post
Here is where I put my 20" bar. Be aware of your local laws....after 10+ years of running these types of lights on various trucks, I got a $155 ticket over the holidays for running a non-DOT offroad light on the highways. (I live out in the country and use it to see wildlife, always turning it off when other drivers are present)
What is the part number or series of bar that you got and was it pretty straight forward to install? That is what I am looking for also.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-07-2018, 09:19 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)

In for the reply. Exactly what I'm looking for.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-07-2018, 10:47 AM

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
LED light bar style , mounting location questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabotage6 View Post
2 questions for ya..Was the double sided tape on the bottom of the hood protector or in the middle that covers the hood lip?? I swear they put the tape on the wrong damn side, I just opened mine yesterday and I was scratchin my head. And what LED light is that and was it hard to install?? thanks

LED wasnít too bad...take the plastic belly pan off and you will see the metal cross member; 2 little offset metal brackets with a self-tapping screw holds it in place. The light is a China cheapo...Cree LED. Iíve had a few expensive Rigid ones over the years and they are not any brighter and they fail eventually as well.

The hood protector sits on top of the hood along the main part....hood fits tight to the grill so it doesnít wrap under the front of the hood.

Can Am....now you know how Col Sanders felt when he licked his first finger...

2017 Titan SV Premium
AVS Hood Protector
AVS Vent shades
20" LED
Weathertech mats

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Titan Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Jump to top