2017 Nissan Titan SV Engine failure !!!!! - Page 3 - Nissan Titan Forum
2016 Titan General Forum General discussion forum for the new 2016 Nissan Titan.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #31 of 123 (permalink) Old 06-02-2018, 03:47 PM
Premium User
Nissan Titan Status - Premium Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 281 Post(s)
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Re: 2017 Nissan Titan SV Engine failure !!!!!

I’d tell them to get it moving as the time sitting idle counts towards a lemon law buy back.

Clint

1991 Mazda Miata Limited Edition
2012 Dodge Challenger SRT8 Yellow Jacket
2014 Nissan Sentra SR
2016 Jeep Wrangler Freedom Edition
2018 Nissan Titan SV Crew Cab 4X4
2018 Nissan Rogue SV AWD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 123 (permalink) Old 06-04-2018, 04:00 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)

Update ..... All parts are at the dealer they will start removing the engine tomorrow morning. I didn't get a chance to get into details today with local service manager ( I was busy at work so not much time to talk) but it sounded like Nissan Canada is 100% positive the issue is in bottom end (short block) from some of the other faulty engine that were taken apart for diagnosis. My dealer said they will get a answer of the engine fault. The goal I believe is to have my truck back Friday or early next week I believe. So at this point it sounds like the short block will be the winner unless something different is found in my engine over the other fault engines. I will have news I assume once the truck is returned to me. Not the outcome wanted but an outcome none the less at least we are moving forward and there is progress
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Titan686 For This Useful Post:
LUBECAKES (06-05-2018), Titan332009 (06-04-2018)
post #33 of 123 (permalink) Old 06-04-2018, 07:12 PM
Premium User

Looking forward to hearing it’s running perfectly again. Hope you’re pleased with the results.

Clint

2014 Nissan Sentra SR
2018 Nissan Rogue SV AWD
post #34 of 123 (permalink) Old 06-05-2018, 03:09 PM

Quoted: 35 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan686 View Post
Too me very noticeable I will admit I'm pretty picky when it comes to noises. I also I'm an automotive transmission tech so I hear noises more than the average person. The "tick" is only noticeable in gear when stopped with window down not very loud but definitely present. When I had it on the hoist at work to listen to before bringing up to dealer very easy to hear when standing under the truck. I would also say the average person probably would not hear it under normal driving. Only time is maybe when driving though a drive thru and your along side a build and sound is more noticeable there. I hope this answers question thxs . The truck still drives fine power is normal and no dtc's or light on dash
My wife's 2017 Armada has developed a "knock" here lately at around 20,000 miles. I also hear it with the windows down,only in gear, and I can hear it increase in frequency with slight engine RPM increase. In my mind a "tick" is the kind of noise the Direct Injection makes. The new noise I hear from her engine I am describing is a "knock." I guess I am trying to get a feel for if your noise is really more of a knock than a tick. I know, a little confusing.
post #35 of 123 (permalink) Old 06-05-2018, 05:49 PM Thread Starter

I would say it sounds kinda like an exhaust leak directly at the cylinder head when your sitting in the truck. When I had it on the hoist listening to it while under the truck it is more of a heavier sound but not to the point of like a rod knock not that heavy. When listening to it while on the hoist the noise to me sounded like it was coming from where the cylinder head and block meet at the rear of the engine drivers side .... Hope this helps
post #36 of 123 (permalink) Old 06-05-2018, 06:01 PM

Quoted: 35 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan686 View Post
I would say it sounds kinda like an exhaust leak directly at the cylinder head when your sitting in the truck. When I had it on the hoist listening to it while under the truck it is more of a heavier sound but not to the point of like a rod knock not that heavy. When listening to it while on the hoist the noise to me sounded like it was coming from where the cylinder head and block meet at the rear of the engine drivers side .... Hope this helps
Thanks for the reply. I have to get it in soon to get checked out. She just had the oil changed a couple of weeks ago or so, but knock was not there yet. Or at least I was not aware of it yet.
post #37 of 123 (permalink) Old 06-08-2018, 12:42 PM Thread Starter

Update....Not much to report engine is out and on stand being taken apart, hopefully next week the cause will be found and I'll have my truck back
post #38 of 123 (permalink) Old 06-08-2018, 06:35 PM
Premium User

You’d think they’d pull it apart and look rather than go home for the weekend.

Clint

2014 Nissan Sentra SR
2018 Nissan Rogue SV AWD
post #39 of 123 (permalink) Old 06-08-2018, 09:42 PM
Premium User

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1387 Post(s)
Thanked 28,603 Times in 17,161 Posts
iTrader Score: 20 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clint View Post
You’d think they’d pull it apart and look rather than go home for the weekend.

Clint
There's probably nothing wrong with it and they know it.
They're dragging it along as a case of CYA as there have been some things that just haven't gone right.
Watch this whole episode play out to a fuel pressure regulator that could have been fixed in about 20 minutes.

Ow ow ow ow ow ow ow
BaldWhore
Starfishwhore
Cue Betty?
Red meat is not bad for you.
Fuzzy green meat is bad for you.

You know you had a great night last night when you make it home the next day missing more than half your clothes.

It's not the zombies you have to watch out for. It's the stupid people.

Send in the clowns. I want my damn clowns.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Walrus For This Useful Post:
dreep (06-09-2018), LUBECAKES (06-09-2018)
post #40 of 123 (permalink) Old 06-09-2018, 03:18 AM

Quoted: 76 Post(s)
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

I've been skeptical the entire time, but I really hope the truck gets back on the road ASAP.

'07 Titan XE CC, Home made axle wrap eliminators, Frontier tranny mount, JBA headers, Cajun catted b's, JBA 40-1400, 3" Vibrant UQ. Uprev tuned by Seymore 4.
'17 Maxima SV, '03 350Z touring.
Say no to cheap beer!...And chrome!
post #41 of 123 (permalink) Old 06-13-2018, 06:47 PM Thread Starter

Update......Very frustrated!!!!! Everything kinda on hold for one little oil jet. Dealership began to assemble my engine and unfortunately one of the oil jet that needs to be transferred is unable to be removed so new oil jets were ordered. Surprise surprise one of them is on back order in Nissan Canada land til estimate late next week F**K Sakes. So I called the nearest USA dealer to me and sure enough was able to purchase the oil jets myself so I did. Oil jets will be in Friday or Monday depends on shipping in USA. So hopefully this gets things back on track. I can tell you so far that the cylinder heads 100 % good and bolted on the new short block. The problem is in the bottom end. The old short block will be checked out for the cause the of noise once my truck is up and running. Dealer is not dragging there heels and is truly trying very hard to get things moving forward. Nissan Canada is the issue here my dealer showed me the paper work showing the back ordered oil jet and the lead tech showed me why the oil jet could not be transferred and him 100% confident in its integrity. So if all goes well and the get the oil jets to the dealer by Monday at lunch hopefully truck will be ready Thursday/Friday next week which puts me a week or so ahead of waiting on the back order bs !! I really want to keep this truck but if else major goes wrong once I get the truck back I think I will jump ship. Even thou the dealership of awesome and tries very hard for there customers what good is it if Nissan Canada doesn't back them. It has become very clear me that Nissan Canada could care less if a vehicle sits at a dealership for a long period of time waiting on warranty back order parts. I'm sure this is the same for all major auto makers but at present NIssan Canada is leaving a bad taste in my mouth if you know what I mean...... thxs sorry for the long post
The Following User Says Thank You to Titan686 For This Useful Post:
HMX Dave (06-14-2018)
post #42 of 123 (permalink) Old 06-20-2018, 04:34 PM Thread Starter

Update...... Good news truck is done!!!! I was there today around noon heard it running in the bay sounds very good and no tick !!! Told service manager to take it home and put miles on it before I get it back so hopefully no little issues. I will hopefully get it by Friday at the latest. When I pick it up I will ask when the exploring of the old short to find the noise will roughly happen time wise. I will report back one more time with the findings thxs
The Following User Says Thank You to Titan686 For This Useful Post:
HMX Dave (06-20-2018)
post #43 of 123 (permalink) Old 06-20-2018, 06:39 PM
Premium User

I would have thought the first thing they’d do is inspect the old one. Hope it’s perfect once again.

Clint

2014 Nissan Sentra SR
2018 Nissan Rogue SV AWD
post #44 of 123 (permalink) Old 06-22-2018, 08:59 PM

Quoted: 26 Post(s)

Reading your story makes me really wonder about the customer service attitude of Nissan Canada. A few years back I bought a Certified Pre-Owned 2013 Titan Pro-4x with remaining factory bumper-to-bumper warranty at the time. I'm in the US an bought the truck from a US dealer. However, the truck was originally from Canada. I had an issue with the seats in my truck, and took it to my local dealership to have it checked out. Apparently even though my vehicle had been imported to the US and was CPO by Nissan USA, the bumper to bumper warranty was still through Nissan Canada. Nissan Canada gave my dealer the runaround on the repair and eventually we all just gave up and the dealer split the cost with me 50/50. I called Nissan North America (which is a bizarre name, considering they don't cover Canada???) and they promptly fully reimbursed me for my trouble - even though they weren't even responsible for it. I think I'll stick to fully US Nissan's in the future.

Good luck with your truck man. Keep us all posted, I've been looking at the new Titan Platinum Reserve and strongly considering it. I haven't seen too many scary stories about the non-xd gasser but yours is enough to give a guy pause.

2017 Nissan Titan Platinum Reserve 4x4
2010 Nissan Frontier SV KC 4x4 4.0V6 6spd Manual
2010 Ford Crown Victoria retired police cruiser
post #45 of 123 (permalink) Old 06-24-2018, 06:48 PM

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrayedString View Post
Reading your story makes me really wonder about the customer service attitude of Nissan Canada. A few years back I bought a Certified Pre-Owned 2013 Titan Pro-4x with remaining factory bumper-to-bumper warranty at the time. I'm in the US an bought the truck from a US dealer. However, the truck was originally from Canada. I had an issue with the seats in my truck, and took it to my local dealership to have it checked out. Apparently even though my vehicle had been imported to the US and was CPO by Nissan USA, the bumper to bumper warranty was still through Nissan Canada. Nissan Canada gave my dealer the runaround on the repair and eventually we all just gave up and the dealer split the cost with me 50/50. I called Nissan North America (which is a bizarre name, considering they don't cover Canada???) and they promptly fully reimbursed me for my trouble - even though they weren't even responsible for it. I think I'll stick to fully US Nissan's in the future.

Good luck with your truck man. Keep us all posted, I've been looking at the new Titan Platinum Reserve and strongly considering it. I haven't seen too many scary stories about the non-xd gasser but yours is enough to give a guy pause.
Dude I love my 2017 PR. Get the PR!

2017 Titan Platinum Reserve - 4x4 - Java Metallic
Mods:
Front license plate delete - color match plugs added
Ceramic Tint - 5% Rears, 35% Front Windows, 50% Windshield
LED white upgrades to fog lights, interior map lights, reverse lights.

1995 Nissan 300ZX - Black - 2+0 - NA
Ceramic Tint - 5% Rear, 20% Front Windows, 50% Windshield
LED white upgrade to low beams

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Titan Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Jump to top