2017 Nissan Titan SV Engine failure !!!!! - Page 6 - Nissan Titan Forum
2016 Titan General Forum General discussion forum for the new 2016 Nissan Titan.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #76 of 123 (permalink) Old 04-16-2019, 07:50 AM
PRJ

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 280 Post(s)
iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Re: 2017 Nissan Titan SV Engine failure !!!!!

Not saying all 50,000 sold have this issue. But they all have the same engine. So far its been determined that it's only happening to those of us in the cold climates. Which we don't know how many of the 50,000 were sold in cold climate areas.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #77 of 123 (permalink) Old 04-16-2019, 11:31 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 109 Post(s)
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRJ View Post
Not saying all 50,000 sold have this issue. But they all have the same engine. So far its been determined that it's only happening to those of us in the cold climates. Which we don't know how many of the 50,000 were sold in cold climate areas.
Nissan Canada has sold just over 5,400 Titan's each year in 17 and 18. Though I believe that also counts the sales of the diesel XDs.
post #78 of 123 (permalink) Old 04-22-2019, 03:48 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Good day All,

I have a 2017 Titan XD Pro 4x and i am going through the same issues. I have just been authorized a new Long block due to the knocking sound that I heard and told them to investigate. The dealership took an oil sample and a fuel sample, they tell me that the results of the samples were both positive. During troubleshooting of the engine they determined that whatever the problem is, that it is coming from cylinder 7. I just called the service manager today to get a follow up on the oil sample and it was today that they told me that the LONG block was ordered and is at the dealership awaiting install into my vehicle. I have scheduled the appointment to get the engine changed on the 6th of May, they are telling me that it will require 3 days in order to complete the engine swap. I have asked if I will be getting a rental during this time period and the service manager has told me "NO" as I did not purchase the extended warranty. My Truck has 37000km on it and I told them to start diagnosing the problem at 35000km.
I will be contacting Nissan Canada tomorrow, in order to clarify as to why a failure/manufacturing defect on their end results in a loss of use of my vehicle for several days with 0 compensation.

Last edited by glipat; 04-22-2019 at 06:01 PM.
post #79 of 123 (permalink) Old 04-22-2019, 03:56 PM

Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by glipat View Post
Good day All,

I have a 2017 Titan XD Pro 4x and i am going through the same issues. I have just been authorized a new Long block due to the knocking sound that I heard and told them to investigate. The dealership took an oil sample and a fuel sample, they tell me that the results of the samples were both positive. During troubleshooting of the engine they determined that whatever the problem is, that it is coming from cylinder 7. I just called the service manager today to get a follow up on the oil sample and it was today that they told me that the LONG block was ordered and is at the dealership awaiting install into my vehicle. I have scheduled the appointment to get the engine changed on the 6th herof May, they are telling me that it will require 3 days in order to complete the engine swap. I have asked if I will be getting a rental during this time period and the service manager has told me "NO" as I did not purchase the extended warranty. My Truck has 3700km on it and I told them to start diagnosing the problem at 35000km.
I will be contacting Nissan Canada tomorrow, in order to clarify as to why a failure/manufacturing defect on their end results in a loss of use of my vehicle for several days with 0 compensation.
I'm very much interested in hearing what Nissan Canada tells you about the "loaner" as I'm going to be going down the same path as you.

Also, do you know when your dealership contacted Nissan Canada about a replacement engine for your truck

2017 Titan Crew Cab SV 4 x 4
Premium Package, Dual exhaust system with Magnaflow muffler and Magnaflow SS tips (18" x 4"), Goodyear Wrangler Adventure A/T tires (P265/70R 18); Fuel Offroad Lethal wheels (18" x 9"), Undercover Flex tonneau cover, Putco 48" LED Tailgate light bar, AVS Bugflector
post #80 of 123 (permalink) Old 04-22-2019, 05:59 PM

All of this has happened within the last month, the truck went in for routine maintenance, they were not smart enough to draw a sample of the oil and fuel at that time prior to them changing the oil, so they made me come back when I had drove for approx 500-1000km. From the time they took the sample to the time they had an engine in the shop ready to schedule my appointment/inform me that they were changing the engine, took about 2 weeks. They say it will be a 3 days repair.
As for Nissan Canada, I highly doubt that they respect/want to help their customers enough to rent them a car for this what I will call a manufacturers defect. It's all about dollars and cents, and when you read the warranty agreement found here: https://www.nissan.ca/content/dam/ni...h-Only-WIB.PDF

It states that loss of use is not covered. But none the less it is a battle that I am willing to fight. On this thread another person got the dealership to rent him a vehicle, so perhaps that may be an option also. Will have to wait and see.
post #81 of 123 (permalink) Old 04-23-2019, 10:32 AM

Just got off the phone with Nissan Canada, and they will not authorize a loaner vehicle during the engine swap as I did not purchase the extended warranty or service agreement. Engine swap out on a brand new truck after 35000km and not even the common courtesy of a reach around.... I asked to speak to a supervisor and apparently 1 will contact me within the next 48 hours. So much for Nissan's customer promise! I will not be purchasing another Nissan unless some actual customer service starts happening. I mean seriously, I can understand not renting a car for someone if the job takes only 1 day to complete, but this is several days and its an entire engine swap after 35000km....like wtf.
post #82 of 123 (permalink) Old 04-23-2019, 02:50 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 21 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by glipat View Post
Just got off the phone with Nissan Canada, and they will not authorize a loaner vehicle during the engine swap as I did not purchase the extended warranty or service agreement. Engine swap out on a brand new truck after 35000km and not even the common courtesy of a reach around.... I asked to speak to a supervisor and apparently 1 will contact me within the next 48 hours. So much for Nissan's customer promise! I will not be purchasing another Nissan unless some actual customer service starts happening. I mean seriously, I can understand not renting a car for someone if the job takes only 1 day to complete, but this is several days and its an entire engine swap after 35000km....like wtf.
Just so I understand Nissan Canada is telling you that your truck with 5 year / 160000 km warranty does not qualify for a loaner? When my engine sh*t the bed at 13600 km I was give a dealer loaner for 2 days then put in a rental for 5 or 6 weeks while waiting on the short block to show up and dealer do repairs. My dealership is excellent dealer but I would guess Nissan Canada paid the rental ( I assume )
post #83 of 123 (permalink) Old 04-23-2019, 03:34 PM

You are correct, no car rental
post #84 of 123 (permalink) Old 04-23-2019, 03:48 PM

If your from Eastern Passage, what Nissan Dealer is doing your engine. I have the same problem with only 15000km. But Oregan's in Dartmouth will only do a short block fix not a long block. My engine was diagnosed Apr 12 but I was told that as of Apr 11/2019 Nissan Canada will only doing a short block fix. No enhanced warranty, no loaner and no goodwill.
post #85 of 123 (permalink) Old 04-23-2019, 04:15 PM

Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan686 View Post
Just so I understand Nissan Canada is telling you that your truck with 5 year / 160000 km warranty does not qualify for a loaner? When my engine sh*t the bed at 13600 km I was give a dealer loaner for 2 days then put in a rental for 5 or 6 weeks while waiting on the short block to show up and dealer do repairs. My dealership is excellent dealer but I would guess Nissan Canada paid the rental ( I assume )
Today when I spoke with my service manager (Crown Nissan), I told him that I would need a loaner while my truck is getting fixed and he asked me if I had the extended warranty and I said what's that got to do with anything. He said that the regular warranty doesn't provide for a loaner.

He said that he will request Nissan Canada to provide for a loaner when he orders my short block.

Whatever happened to customer service - it's not like my Titan is the only truck having engine issues.

2017 Titan Crew Cab SV 4 x 4
Premium Package, Dual exhaust system with Magnaflow muffler and Magnaflow SS tips (18" x 4"), Goodyear Wrangler Adventure A/T tires (P265/70R 18); Fuel Offroad Lethal wheels (18" x 9"), Undercover Flex tonneau cover, Putco 48" LED Tailgate light bar, AVS Bugflector
post #86 of 123 (permalink) Old 04-23-2019, 06:31 PM

Quoted: 35 Post(s)

The loaner car is generally a courtesy provided by the dealer where you purchased your truck, not a feature of the Nissan (or anyone's really) warranty. The little dealer in my town has 3 or 4 loaner cars that are only for people who purchased there. You also have to schedule your repairs to get them.

2017 Titan SV Premium
AVS Hood Protector
AVS Vent shades
20" LED
Weathertech mats
post #87 of 123 (permalink) Old 04-23-2019, 09:01 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I took my 2017 Titan in for an oil change today, and the service manager heard the engine when I drove into the bay. It has 17000 miles on it He said it was loud, and most likely was the cylinder 7 issue. I had not heard of this problem. I had noticed that when going through a drive-thru it had a tick that sounded a bit loud. But with no loss of performance, and no warnings on the dash, I did not think I had a problem. He told me it would take about 10 days, and I have a rental Pathfinder from Hertz (paid by Nissan I believe). I am in central Maine, USA. I do not know if the replacement is short block or long block, but after reading this thread I am curious.
post #88 of 123 (permalink) Old 04-24-2019, 03:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkera5713 View Post
If your from Eastern Passage, what Nissan Dealer is doing your engine. I have the same problem with only 15000km. But Oregan's in Dartmouth will only do a short block fix not a long block. My engine was diagnosed Apr 12 but I was told that as of Apr 11/2019 Nissan Canada will only doing a short block fix. No enhanced warranty, no loaner and no goodwill.
I am going through Oregans Nissan Dartmouth, you are correct about the dates for the long block vs short block, mine was diagnosed in March sometime, and I was told that people that have the problem after me are only going to be getting the short block. Mine was diagnosed on the 12 March 2019
post #89 of 123 (permalink) Old 04-24-2019, 08:36 AM
PRJ

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 280 Post(s)
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMX Dave View Post
The loaner car is generally a courtesy provided by the dealer where you purchased your truck, not a feature of the Nissan (or anyone's really) warranty.
Not sure if the U.S. is different than Canada but my dealer told me Nissan is paying for my loaner car. My loaner is from Enterprise Rent a Car and they are charging the dealer $35/day for my loaner. Aaaand...I didn't even purchase my Titan from the local dealer.
The Following User Says Thank You to PRJ For This Useful Post:
HMX Dave (04-24-2019)
post #90 of 123 (permalink) Old 04-25-2019, 02:59 PM

Hi folks. Talked to my dealer today. O'REGANS Nissan Dartmouth Nova Scotia. They could not give me an update on my engine fix. They had no date. However they tell me short block fix only, no warranty on the new work, it will fall under the existing warranty and no loaner while my truck is out of commission. Nissan Canada were no help neither. I feel we Titan owners deserve something because this defect is not our fault. Also these engines are barely broken in. Reading this forum and doing some local research in Nova Scotia (a small sample at best) I am realizing the magnitude of this problem. I sent a description of the problem to [email protected] <[email protected]>; looking for their opinion or advice. It may help if more people send an email. My local phone research shows:

Small sample of just Nova Scotia Nissan Dealers by phone

Dealer Number of trucks Notes
2017 2018
Dartmouth Nissan 5 4 long blocks 1 short block (mine)
Amherst Nissan 7 1 7 long blocks 1 short block
Kentville Nissan 1 1 long block
Truro Nissan 2 2 long blocks
Highland Nissan Westville 3 3 long blocks
Sydney Nissan 1 1 long block
Halifax Nissan 5 4 long blocks 1 short block
Yarmouth Nissan 2 1 2 long 1 short block

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Titan Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Jump to top