New motor coming - Page 5 - Nissan Titan Forum
2016 Titan General Forum General discussion forum for the new 2016 Nissan Titan.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #61 of 83 (permalink) Old 04-22-2019, 11:23 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Garage
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Re: New motor coming

I just got off the phone with my dealership and they have have a long block on route for me.

As much as it sucks to have to go through something like this, my experience with the dealership and Nissan has been excellent so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to Rob J For This Useful Post:
Titan332009 (04-23-2019)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 83 (permalink) Old 04-22-2019, 11:34 AM Thread Starter

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRJ View Post

I go in at 3:30 today for my appointment.

How did your appointment go?

post #63 of 83 (permalink) Old 04-22-2019, 12:57 PM
Premium User
Nissan Titan Status - Premium Member

Quoted: 276 Post(s)

Iím imagining they drop it from underneath and not pull it from above?

Clint

1991 Mazda Miata Limited Edition
2012 Dodge Challenger SRT8 Yellow Jacket
2014 Nissan Sentra SR
2016 Jeep Wrangler Freedom Edition
2018 Nissan Titan SV Crew Cab 4X4
2018 Nissan Rogue SV AWD
post #64 of 83 (permalink) Old 04-22-2019, 01:02 PM Thread Starter

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clint View Post
Iím imagining they drop it from underneath and not pull it from above?

Clint

I suspect they remove the grille and hood pull it up and forward but I donít know. If I find out I will post an answer.

post #65 of 83 (permalink) Old 04-22-2019, 01:33 PM
Premium User

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 413 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob J View Post
I suspect they remove the grille and hood pull it up and forward but I don’t know. If I find out I will post an answer.

Most likely that's right, but not the hood. Actually remove front clip to include bumper also. That's how we would remove the engines from the A4 2.0T Audi's with the bad rings.

2018 KC Deep Blue Pearl, VK56VD, Pro4X, bought new, 12K mi
2006 KC Majestic Blue Frontier, Nismo 4x4, V-6 4.0, 6Spd, bought new, 147K mi "Sold"

I prefer not using remote start or drive-thrus, both hurt your MPG's a lot & you shouldn't let your vehicle idle more that a minute or so especially unattended.
Remember oil isn't a renewable energy source. One day it will all be gone?

Mods: OLM LED fog lights ALPHA HD (PHILIPS Z ES), Iron Cross Black Endeavour Running Boards, WeatherTech floor mats and window visors, AVS aeroskin bug defector, K&N PAIS PN 63-6019,
post #66 of 83 (permalink) Old 04-22-2019, 01:40 PM
Premium User

Quoted: 276 Post(s)

Ford lifted the body off the frame for my brother in laws F-150 and I know someone who had dodge lower the engine in the cradle from below. This is why I asked. No need to risk the body to get damaged those ways.

Clint

1991 Mazda Miata Limited Edition
2012 Dodge Challenger SRT8 Yellow Jacket
2014 Nissan Sentra SR
2016 Jeep Wrangler Freedom Edition
2018 Nissan Titan SV Crew Cab 4X4
2018 Nissan Rogue SV AWD
post #67 of 83 (permalink) Old 04-22-2019, 01:41 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
I just got off the phone with my dealership and they have have a long block on route for me.

As much as it sucks to have to go through something like this, my experience with the dealership and Nissan has been excellent so far.

How long have you been waiting for your engine ???

I'm also curious has to how Nissan Canada is sending you a long block where they basically told me that they were only sending out short blocks.

I'm really starting to get frustrated with this whole process - what with not knowing what's coming or when it's coming - In the meantime my truck is becoming more & more embarrassing to drive

2017 Titan Crew Cab SV 4 x 4
Premium Package, Dual exhaust system with Magnaflow muffler and Magnaflow SS tips (18" x 4"), Goodyear Wrangler Adventure A/T tires (P265/70R 18); Fuel Offroad Lethal wheels (18" x 9"), Undercover Flex tonneau cover, Putco 48" LED Tailgate light bar, AVS Bugflector
post #68 of 83 (permalink) Old 04-22-2019, 01:59 PM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)

They will remove grille, radiator, rad saddle & hood. Engine will be pulled out the front. The front diff will be removed as well the transmission x-brace/crossmember will be removed and the transmission and T-case pushed back a bit. Seen my truck in a million pieces that's how they did mine. Then the shortblock and knocking complete engine on 2 engine stands side by side and transfer of parts was done. Hope this helps
The Following User Says Thank You to Titan686 For This Useful Post:
Clint (04-22-2019)
post #69 of 83 (permalink) Old 04-22-2019, 03:21 PM

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan686 View Post
They will remove grille, radiator, rad saddle & hood. Engine will be pulled out the front. The front diff will be removed as well the transmission x-brace/crossmember will be removed and the transmission and T-case pushed back a bit. Seen my truck in a million pieces that's how they did mine. Then the shortblock and knocking complete engine on 2 engine stands side by side and transfer of parts was done. Hope this helps
Have you had any issues after the installation of the short block as it pertains to fitment, torqueing, etc ??

Premium Package, Dual exhaust system with Magnaflow muffler and Magnaflow SS tips (18" x 4"), Goodyear Wrangler Adventure A/T tires (P265/70R 18); Fuel Offroad Lethal wheels (18" x 9"), Undercover Flex tonneau cover, Putco 48" LED Tailgate light bar, AVS Bugflector
post #70 of 83 (permalink) Old 04-22-2019, 04:10 PM Thread Starter

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter View Post
How long have you been waiting for your engine ???

The day I started this thread. I got the news on April 11.
They were hoping to have the engine and the parts ready in a weeks time. Another week for install. Rental car provided.
Not sure why my circumstances are different.

post #71 of 83 (permalink) Old 04-22-2019, 04:31 PM

Garage

Quote:
The day I started this thread. I got the news on April 11.
They were hoping to have the engine and the parts ready in a weeks time. Another week for install. Rental car provided.
Not sure why my circumstances are different.

I first took my truck to the dealership on March 14th - the service advisor basically listened to the knocking and said was going to make a note of this. Went in a week later and spoke with the service manager who told me that he had notified Nissan about my engine knock and told me that once Nissan gets back to him, he'll phone me. Heard nothing, so decided to phone Nissan Canada on April 10th and told them of my problem - two days later I get call back from Nissan Canada and was informed that I'm getting a short block engine cause that is the part that is causing the knocking. Nissan Canada said that only the short block is being sent out - no more long blocks.

Now I really don't know what's happening - in less than 2 weeks, you're getting a long block

Please excuse me for sounding very pissed off

post #72 of 83 (permalink) Old 04-22-2019, 05:32 PM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)

Quote:
Have you had any issues after the installation of the short block as it pertains to fitment, torqueing, etc ??
No tech did excellent job , no rattles noises nothing almost 17000 km since done still all good
post #73 of 83 (permalink) Old 04-22-2019, 08:02 PM Thread Starter

Garage

Quote:

Please excuse me for sounding very pissed off

I donít blame you for being very pissed off. I would be as well if I wasnít being treated fairly.

I havenít spoken with Nissan. Iím not sure what the dealership said to get a long block.

The technician that I spoke with mentioned at the onset that I would likely be getting a short block. I mentioned to him my concern with that and I noted the smoke we saw exiting the tailpipe on our drive to Florida and he took it all down. The dealership also decided to not change my oil when I brought it in meaning that my heads would have been bathed in old oil with an old oil filter for the time I was waiting for my engine parts and I didnít like that either.

I understand that they scoped the cylinders and maybe that contributed to the decision in the end? Iím not certain but I do know that the dealership had to sell Nissan on the long block. Perhaps your dealership can do the same on your behalf?

post #74 of 83 (permalink) Old 04-23-2019, 03:22 PM

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan686 View Post
No tech did excellent job , no rattles noises nothing almost 17000 km since done still all good
Well, I'm hoping that I have the same good fortune as you cause my short block was ordered today

The Following User Says Thank You to hunter For This Useful Post:
Rob J (04-23-2019)
post #75 of 83 (permalink) Old 04-23-2019, 03:54 PM

Garage

Quote:
I don’t blame you for being very pissed off. I would be as well if I wasn’t being treated fairly.

I haven’t spoken with Nissan. I’m not sure what the dealership said to get a long block.

The technician that I spoke with mentioned at the onset that I would likely be getting a short block. I mentioned to him my concern with that and I noted the smoke we saw exiting the tailpipe on our drive to Florida and he took it all down. The dealership also decided to not change my oil when I brought it in meaning that my heads would have been bathed in old oil with an old oil filter for the time I was waiting for my engine parts and I didn’t like that either.

I understand that they scoped the cylinders and maybe that contributed to the decision in the end? I’m not certain but I do know that the dealership had to sell Nissan on the long block. Perhaps your dealership can do the same on your behalf?

Met with my service manager today cause I was basically looking to get some answers that Nissan Canada wouldn't provide me with and what I found out really surprised me. My #1 question was - "When I am getting my engine" and his answer was (this is what surprised me) "I was waiting for you (me) to tell him to go ahead and order the engine".

The only thing throughout my ordeal that the service manager did was on March 14th he notified Nissan Tech that my truck's engine was knocking and that the issue was in the bottom end of the engine. There was no further communication between him and Nissan to this day.

So based on his assessment is why Nissan Canada is only sending me a short block.

So I have made two bad assumptions: 1) I assumed that the service manager had ordered a new engine on March 14th and 2) I assumed when Nissan Canada told me that they were sending me a short block engine on April 12th that it was on its way

So if I hadn't gone in today, I still wouldn't have had an engine ordered.

So I asked him to order me a long block and he said don't bother cause Nissan Canada would just cancel the order - so I ended up saying "Whatever just fix my truck" so I'm getting the short block.

So your "smoke" issue that you had on your holiday is probably the reason that you're getting a long block.

Sorry about being so long winded - but this whole process has been a joke.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Titan Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Jump to top