Electrical Clicking (Acceleration and Decelleration) - Nissan Titan Forum
2016 Titan General Forum General discussion forum for the new 2016 Nissan Titan.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-15-2019, 07:46 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Electrical Clicking (Acceleration and Decelleration)

Adding to the growing list of issues experienced with my 2017 Pro4X is what sounds to me like an electrical relay clicking.

The clicking occurs at about 15MPH when accelerating from a stop. When decelerating it happens again at about 2-3MPH. I describe it as a relay because it is the exact same sound you hear when turning the steering wheel heater on or off. To me it sounds like the sound is coming from the passenger side of the dash. I first noticed the issue yesterday in stop and go traffic. I've restarted the truck several times, and even let it sit over night but the issue remains unchanged.

Has anyone experience a similar issue? I'm trying to gather information and other owners experiences prior to going to the dealer so that I can hopefully avoid multiple trips for warranty work (As has been the case for every other issue with this Truck).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-15-2019, 09:47 AM
Premium User
Nissan Titan Status - Premium Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 424 Post(s)
Re: Electrical Clicking (Acceleration and Decelleration)

Quote:
Originally Posted by codename View Post
Adding to the growing list of issues experienced with my 2017 Pro4X is what sounds to me like an electrical relay clicking.

The clicking occurs at about 15MPH when accelerating from a stop. When decelerating it happens again at about 2-3MPH. I describe it as a relay because it is the exact same sound you hear when turning the steering wheel heater on or off. To me it sounds like the sound is coming from the passenger side of the dash. I first noticed the issue yesterday in stop and go traffic. I've restarted the truck several times, and even let it sit over night but the issue remains unchanged.

Has anyone experience a similar issue? I'm trying to gather information and other owners experiences prior to going to the dealer so that I can hopefully avoid multiple trips for warranty work (As has been the case for every other issue with this Truck).
Does it go away if you turn the radio up?

2018 KC Deep Blue Pearl, VK56VD, Pro4X, bought new, 13K mi
2006 KC Majestic Blue Frontier, Nismo 4x4, V-6 4.0, 6Spd, bought new, 147K mi "Sold"

I prefer not using remote start or drive-thrus, both hurt your MPG's a lot & you shouldn't let your vehicle idle more that a minute or so especially unattended.
Remember oil isn't a renewable energy source. One day it will all be gone?

Mods: OLM LED fog lights ALPHA HD (PHILIPS Z ES), Iron Cross Black Endeavour Running Boards, WeatherTech floor mats and window visors, AVS aeroskin bug defector, K&N PAIS PN 63-6019,
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-15-2019, 11:41 AM Thread Starter

Oddly enough it does!
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-15-2019, 11:51 AM
Premium User
Nissan Titan Status - Premium Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 424 Post(s)

2018 KC Deep Blue Pearl, VK56VD, Pro4X, bought new, 13K mi
2006 KC Majestic Blue Frontier, Nismo 4x4, V-6 4.0, 6Spd, bought new, 147K mi "Sold"

I prefer not using remote start or drive-thrus, both hurt your MPG's a lot & you shouldn't let your vehicle idle more that a minute or so especially unattended.
Remember oil isn't a renewable energy source. One day it will all be gone?

Mods: OLM LED fog lights ALPHA HD (PHILIPS Z ES), Iron Cross Black Endeavour Running Boards, WeatherTech floor mats and window visors, AVS aeroskin bug defector, K&N PAIS PN 63-6019,
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-20-2019, 01:53 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Make sure your cargo lamp switch is turned off. The clicking is it turning on/off at the 15MPH threshold.
The Following User Says Thank You to TitanDaddy For This Useful Post:
slyfur1 (06-20-2019)
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-22-2019, 05:18 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanDaddy View Post
Make sure your cargo lamp switch is turned off. The clicking is it turning on/off at the 15MPH threshold.
Doh! That was an easy fix. Thanks!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Titan Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Jump to top