Remote start installed today-Auto window down function ? - Nissan Titan Forum
Electronics Electronic components related to the new 2016 Nissan Titan.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-03-2018, 04:59 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Remote start installed today-Auto window down function ?

Got my 2017 Titan remote start for $197 installed and that's with Free installation ''THANK GOD" ..Trying to get the windows to go down with holding the "unlock" button and its not working.I tried the lock button x2 and unlock once and on the second time you hold it down and still nothing ..Mine is a 2017 SV, am i missing something??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-13-2018, 07:27 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Re: Remote start installed today-Auto window down function ?

edited to add: i dont have any suggestions to fix your prob. i would consider this a good thing.

count your lucky stars; i need to do EXACTLY what you did. been trying to figure out how to disable this feature since the first morning i went to start my pickup, and found both windows down, and the cab full of mosquitoes.

dealer says no can do on titan; they even called nissan.

paranoid about my windows, and check every evening religiously, to ensure they're rolled up.

apparently, on both occasions my windows were down ALL night, something in my pocket activated the unlock button on remote for longer than 5 seconds.

if i want my windows down, i will press the button on the door panel. i do not like worrying about my remote buttons being accidentally pressed, especially with an average rain fall of 55"+ per year.

Last edited by shackleford rusty; 02-13-2018 at 07:28 PM. Reason: add text
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-03-2018, 07:08 PM

Quoted: 25 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabotage6 View Post
Got my 2017 Titan remote start for $197 installed and that's with Free installation ''THANK GOD" ..Trying to get the windows to go down with holding the "unlock" button and its not working.I tried the lock button x2 and unlock once and on the second time you hold it down and still nothing ..Mine is a 2017 SV, am i missing something??
I am going to guess that something was not programmed right. Where did you get it for $197 installed, that's crazy cheap.
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-03-2018, 07:21 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 190 Post(s)
Thanked 3,762 Times in 2,436 Posts
Garage
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

If it is an aftermarket fob, the auto window down feature does not work. It only works with the OEM fob. Honestly, with a remote, why would you need to auto window down feature anyhow?

2010 Titan 4x4 CC SE Majestic Blue
Uprev tuned by Seymore, JBA Evol catback with Borla XR-1 muffler, Cajun catless B pipes, Airaid MXP 4" CAI
8" Boston acoustic's sub in Tech12volts ported box w 1000 w renegade amp
Autostart remote start, bedlined OEM wheels, bumpers, and grill. Go Rhino D2 steps.
Pyramid Automotive Retro fit headlights with Xenonvision H1 Hid's and super bright LED reverse lights, blue interior LED's, and white exterior LED's.
Smoke hood shield and in channel window deflectors, Custom grounding kit by FAK.
Pro4X skid plate, 20" double row Cree light bar, rear bumper flushmount Cree LED's
Leer 100R Topper, Goodyear Duratracs 275/70/18,
Dirt King UCA's, Bilstein 5100's mid setting and 1.5" spacer, 1.5" rear block w/Bilstein 5125's.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-05-2018, 09:49 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 109 Post(s)

I've heard several reports of people with the remote start, including from the factory PR trims, that can't roll down windows from the key. Would be curious to know if anyone with remote start can roll down windows, maybe Nissan made them not work together?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Titan Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Jump to top