NissanConnect Services - Nissan Titan Forum
Electronics Electronic components related to the new 2016 Nissan Titan.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-03-2019, 03:01 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Garage
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
NissanConnect Services

My trial period is about to expire and I am looking for advice as to weather to subscribe to Nissan connect services....are discounts available? etc.

thoughts and recommendations would be appreciated
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-03-2019, 05:02 PM
Premium User
Nissan Titan Status - Premium Member

Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Re: NissanConnect Services

I haven't found any discounts, I let it expire. I can still lock and unlock the truck remotely.

2018 Titan Pro-4X
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-04-2019, 10:47 PM

Quoted: 35 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goliath View Post
I haven't found any discounts, I let it expire. I can still lock and unlock the truck remotely.
Same, remote still works (using the actual remote). cant think of a time where i would need to start the truck when im not within distance where the keyfob wouldnt work?

other than that, it is good to be able to know the location of the truck? maybe? if it gets stolen?

i let it expire too

2018 Titan SL Midnight Edition
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-05-2019, 07:10 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)

Did Nissan ever fix the phone app? It was a buggy mess the last time I tried to get it to work.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-09-2019, 04:22 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
I personally think that the app sucks. I have a 2018 Armada Platinum and a 2018 Titan Pro-4x and a major flaw I've experienced with the app for both trucks is that when you send navigation directions to your truck via the app, it doesn't upload to the infotainment system. With my Armada, I had problems doing the remote start via the app, I've had Nissan's tech team try to fix it remotely but ultimately, they told me to bring it in to a dealership to see what was the problem. At the end of the day, I think spending $9 a month for NissanConnect services isn't worth it.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-13-2019, 05:39 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)

The app is buggy as hell, but I pay for the services. I've integrated the remote start with my Amazon Echo so I can say "Alexa, ask Nissan Connect to start my Titan.", which is very nice when it's zero outside and I haven't picked up my phone yet.

More usefully, I ski at least once a week in the winter and being able to start my truck from the top of the mountain, a couple miles away, and then ski down to a warm(ish) truck is huge.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-17-2019, 05:33 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I just bought a brand new Titan SV and apparently it is not wired for the Connect Services (no blue button). Is that something that could be added by the dealer? I really would like to start my truck remotely with the app.

Thanks
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-17-2019, 11:15 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hekhl00 View Post
I just bought a brand new Titan SV and apparently it is not wired for the Connect Services (no blue button). Is that something that could be added by the dealer? I really would like to start my truck remotely with the app.

Thanks
I believe the Nissan connect service is via the satellite radio system. I don't know if it's worth it to get the factory satellite radio system installed because when I spoke to Nissan's tech support, they told me that the app signal for remote functions is dependent on how strong your cell service or your wifi signal is. Also the Nissan connect remote functions won't work if your truck is in a garage or covered parking. It's a finicky service because my wife's 2018 Armada Platinum had inconsistent connections while my 2018 Titan P4X had better connections even though our rigs were next to each other on our driveway.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-18-2019, 06:41 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Titan's Journey View Post
I believe the Nissan connect service is via the satellite radio system. I don't know if it's worth it to get the factory satellite radio system installed because when I spoke to Nissan's tech support, they told me that the app signal for remote functions is dependent on how strong your cell service or your wifi signal is. Also the Nissan connect remote functions won't work if your truck is in a garage or covered parking. It's a finicky service because my wife's 2018 Armada Platinum had inconsistent connections while my 2018 Titan P4X had better connections even though our rigs were next to each other on our driveway.
Seems so odd to me that they don't include the connectivity on all Nissan models since there is a potential revenue stream there. I can get a Viper system installed for about $900 that has pretty much all the features of Connect. Supposedly you can even link it to Alexa and start the truck via a voice command. Maybe I'll go that route.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Titan Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Jump to top