Upgraded exhaust - Nissan Titan Forum
Engine and Technical Discussion Discussions of the Nissan Titan Cummins Engine and Powertrain

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-16-2019, 04:47 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Garage
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Upgraded exhaust

I have the K and N cold air intake on my Titan. I haven't noticed a substantial difference in added fuel economy or throttle response. I am unsure about added an aftermarket exhaust system. It is worth the cost to improve the exhaust system? I tow, not everyday, and do not want to lose any torque. I've had dual exhaust in previous trucks, true duels as well as duels out of one muffler, and really am not sure about the overall benefits beyond the noticeable rumble.

Is it worth the money to upgrade the exhaust? Will it noticeably drop the torque? I'd love to hear some opinions on this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-16-2019, 05:21 PM

Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Re: Upgraded exhaust

Cold air intakes are a waste of money. Really no benefit to be had other than aesthetics. Exhaust is a better upgrade, but dont expect miracles unless you remove the cats as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2006 SE KC 2wd
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-16-2019, 05:23 PM

Upgraded exhaust

Oh, and dont ever expect mileage and performance improvements. Thats not how it works, despite marketing attempts to make you believe otherwise. More performance equals less economy

2006 SE KC 2wd
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-16-2019, 06:59 PM Thread Starter

Garage

To say that air intakes or other upgrades are a waste of money is not on the whole accurate. The reason for the cold air intake, along with the possible addition of an upgraded exhaust set up, is to improve the capabilities of the truck. In my experience, driving trucks my entire life, the air intakes have helped in towing and hauling. While it has only given me .5 to 1 MPG increase, depending on the truck and the engine set up, it has certainly make the work load on my Titan easier. I hardly think that increasing the engine's breath-ability is a gimmick. I will however agree with you 100% that you shouldn't expect miracle gains.

I guess the biggest question would be is mileage gain the only aspect that should be considered as an increase in performance?
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-16-2019, 07:54 PM

Upgraded exhaust

lets break it down. For your engine to increase power, you need more air and fuel. If you have one without the other, you will run lean or rich. The computer and O2 sensors will handle this. If you think paying $250 plus for some ****ty intake pipe that turns your oem cold air intake into a hot air intake is a good buy, suit yourself

2006 SE KC 2wd
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-17-2019, 04:35 PM Thread Starter

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by titan14 View Post
lets break it down. For your engine to increase power, you need more air and fuel. If you have one without the other, you will run lean or rich. The computer and O2 sensors will handle this. If you think paying $250 plus for some ****ty intake pipe that turns your oem cold air intake into a hot air intake is a good buy, suit yourself

Thank you for your poignant response.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-17-2019, 08:13 PM

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

I have both on my 2005 Titan King-cab, straight highway driving I've gotten 275 miles to half a tank, put-putting around town, I get 275 miles to 3/4's tank of gas. That's with cold air kit, jba long tube headers, catless b-pipes and three inch exhaust to stock location.And tuned by UPREV for no cats. It was worth it for me! Love the sound of the exhaust and also love the tires squealing! Damn! I'm nothing but a old hot rodder and this Titan fits the bill!
The Following User Says Thank You to cajun56 For This Useful Post:
reddirtross (04-19-2019)
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-19-2019, 03:11 PM Thread Starter

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajun56 View Post
I have both on my 2005 Titan King-cab, straight highway driving I've gotten 275 miles to half a tank, put-putting around town, I get 275 miles to 3/4's tank of gas. That's with cold air kit, jba long tube headers, catless b-pipes and three inch exhaust to stock location.And tuned by UPREV for no cats. It was worth it for me! Love the sound of the exhaust and also love the tires squealing! Damn! I'm nothing but a old hot rodder and this Titan fits the bill!
I appreciate the feedback. I agree with you 100%. The motor in this Titan can certainly put your *** in the seat.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Titan Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Jump to top