An American Tail?? - Page 2 - Nissan Titan Forum
Off-Topic Discussion Discussion of Off-Topic items.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #16 of 78 (permalink) Old 10-27-2008, 06:39 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanked 1,724 Times in 1,108 Posts
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Re: An American Tail??

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjw357 View Post

That 'flag' that was on the tail of the aircraft wasn't a flag, it was an artistic interpretation of a flag. The one by the tail number is a flag.

FWIW, I don't see a flag anywhere on McCain's aircraft. So what?
What in the hell does that mean? They are both drawings of flags, it is hard to keep a flag in 600mph + winds. So what are you talking about.

McCains has a flag, just like obama's does, the difference McCain didn't paint over a big one on the tail.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 78 (permalink) Old 10-27-2008, 06:52 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by helomech View Post
What in the hell does that mean? They are both drawings of flags, it is hard to keep a flag in 600mph + winds. So what are you talking about.
The one on the tail was not a proper image a flag, it doesn't show the flag as a whole in the correct proportions. It was just a part of the airline's logo. The smaller image by the tail number is a proper image of the flag.

Quote:
McCains has a flag, just like obama's does, the difference McCain didn't paint over a big one on the tail.
Didn't see it in the pic in the link. It may well be there.

- 2004 Galaxy Black KC OR 4x4 -
Towing Mods: B&W gooseneck hitch, Nissan aluminum finned diff cover, Amsoil 75w-140 synth gear lube, Tekonsha Voyager brake controller, 7-way plug where the 12v bed outlet used to be.

Adam Model 2020 3-horse gooseneck trailer
post #18 of 78 (permalink) Old 10-27-2008, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjw357 View Post
The one on the tail was not a proper image a flag, it doesn't show the flag as a whole in the correct proportions. It was just a part of the airline's logo. The smaller image by the tail number is a proper image of the flag.

Didn't see it in the pic in the link. It may well be there.
The point is it was a beautiful painting of the U.S. Flag, and obama didn't like it on his plane. So he spent 500,000 dollars to have it removed. It seems that every time he has to deal with the flag he is either throwing it away, painting over it, not giving it the proper respect it deserves.

I saw it on McCains plane in another pic, but that is not the point. I can bet you McCain would not have painted over such a nice painting of the Flag.
post #19 of 78 (permalink) Old 10-27-2008, 10:09 AM

Thanked 3,004 Times in 1,756 Posts
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

Helo, once again, you are over reacting, its really not that great of a painting of the Flag. I don't understand what the problem is really. He repainted the aircraft to match his campaign. Why would he leave ANY images on his plane from the airline? Did McCain? No. So what the hell is the deal?
post #20 of 78 (permalink) Old 10-27-2008, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritOne View Post
Helo, once again, you are over reacting, its really not that great of a painting of the Flag. I don't understand what the problem is really. He repainted the aircraft to match his campaign. Why would he leave ANY images on his plane from the airline? Did McCain? No. So what the hell is the deal?
Without his past problems with the flag it would be nothing at all. But every time he has a flag he seems to be disrespecting it, throwing it in the garbage, or painting over it. This is no different than his church. What in obama's past shows any respect or love for his country?
post #21 of 78 (permalink) Old 10-27-2008, 10:42 AM

I really don't understand the whole thing. We have gone over it time and again. How many people in this country do the right thing during the national anthem at a ball game? Maybe 30% of the people? The rest are scratching their asses, moving around, talking, drinking beer, singing along. Hell, I have been told I don't do it right, I was taught to stand at attention, so thats what I do.

What exactly do you think happened at the Dem Convention? Do you think that they had a flag burning followed by a ceremonial trash trowing of the tiny made in china flag pins? What the hell are people supposed to do with them? Keep the tiny piece of plastic just because its colored red white and blue? Helo, its not a flag, its a flag pin. Seriously.
post #22 of 78 (permalink) Old 10-27-2008, 11:03 AM

Quote:
I really don't understand the whole thing. We have gone over it time and again. How many people in this country do the right thing during the national anthem at a ball game? Maybe 30% of the people? The rest are scratching their asses, moving around, talking, drinking beer, singing along. Hell, I have been told I don't do it right, I was taught to stand at attention, so thats what I do.

What exactly do you think happened at the Dem Convention? Do you think that they had a flag burning followed by a ceremonial trash trowing of the tiny made in china flag pins? What the hell are people supposed to do with them? Keep the tiny piece of plastic just because its colored red white and blue? Helo, its not a flag, its a flag pin. Seriously.
Those 70% of the people are not running for president.

Show me where obama ever went out of his way to show some respect for the flag. He seems to go out of his way to show disrespect for it.

Do you know what became of the flags, (not flag pins) that were thrown in a dumpster by the obama campaign? (still doesn't look spelled right, ahhhh)
post #23 of 78 (permalink) Old 10-27-2008, 11:07 AM

I don't know of any flags thrown away, I only know of the flag pins of which you constantly have spoken of. You didn't answer the question though. What are they supposed to do with them?
post #24 of 78 (permalink) Old 10-27-2008, 11:13 AM
Banned

iTrader Score: 12 reviews

Look Ma, no flag either......

Who really cares??

Is it really important?

No! is your answer!
post #25 of 78 (permalink) Old 10-27-2008, 11:44 AM

Quote:
I don't know of any flags thrown away, I only know of the flag pins of which you constantly have spoken of. You didn't answer the question though. What are they supposed to do with them?
Recycle the, or dispose of them the way the flag is supposed to be disposed of, or not use them.

It was flags, not flag pins, and I never said they were flag pins. Show me where I said flag pins where thrown away. I bet you can't.

American flags dumped in trash bags in and piled next to dumpsters The end of elite liberal media empires and rise of citizen journalism
post #26 of 78 (permalink) Old 10-27-2008, 12:14 PM

Thanked 1,264 Times in 729 Posts

F**king terrorist!

2005 CC 4x4 SE

AKA

TreeHuggingHippieWhore

"What if we picked the wrong religion? Every week we're just making God madder and madder." - Homer Simpson
post #27 of 78 (permalink) Old 10-27-2008, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunko View Post
F**king terrorist!
Actually he fits the definition pretty well. He is using people fear of the economy to turn this country iinto something that fits his ideological goal.

Terrorism is the systematic use of terror especially as a means of coercion.[1] There is no internationally agreed definition of terrorism.[2][3] Most common definitions of terrorism include only those acts which are intended to create fear (terror), are perpetrated for an ideological goal (as opposed to a lone attack), and deliberately target or disregard the safety of non-combatants. Some definitions also include acts of unlawful violence and war.
post #28 of 78 (permalink) Old 10-27-2008, 12:40 PM

Thanked 1,264 Times in 729 Posts

Quote:
Actually he fits the definition pretty well. He is using people fear of the economy to turn this country iinto something that fits his ideological goal.

Terrorism is the systematic use of terror especially as a means of coercion.[1] There is no internationally agreed definition of terrorism.[2][3] Most common definitions of terrorism include only those acts which are intended to create fear (terror), are perpetrated for an ideological goal (as opposed to a lone attack), and deliberately target or disregard the safety of non-combatants. Some definitions also include acts of unlawful violence and war.
That's not a stretch at all. Very good point.

The whole bad economy thing is made up anyway. I mean, I have still have my job how about you?

2005 CC 4x4 SE

AKA

TreeHuggingHippieWhore

"What if we picked the wrong religion? Every week we're just making God madder and madder." - Homer Simpson
post #29 of 78 (permalink) Old 10-27-2008, 12:46 PM

iTrader Score: 3 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by RckyMtnTitan View Post
And if he didn't want them there, he could easily tell his "campaign people" to not put them up.
He's not that stupid.
post #30 of 78 (permalink) Old 10-27-2008, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunko View Post
That's not a stretch at all. Very good point.

The whole bad economy thing is made up anyway. I mean, I have still have my job how about you?
Like I have said in the past, if people are half arse smart with their money they will still be doing fine regardless of the economy. Don't over extend and live within your means. Everyone I know personally is doing great even in our horrible economy.

How many people do you know that are out of a job and can't get another one?

You really are running out of things to say, I have not seen such weak arse responses from you before.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Titan Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Jump to top