Small thud on initial acceleration. 08 Titan Flex LE. Need help troubleshooting. - Nissan Titan Forum
Titan Engine, Transmission & Drivetrain Technical discussion about the engine, transmission, and drivetrain.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-05-2019, 07:35 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Small thud on initial acceleration. 08 Titan Flex LE. Need help troubleshooting.

Hello,

So I noticed when I bought this titan with 86,000 miles, that it had a small "thud" when accelerating, as if something in the drivetrain is "catching". Once in a while, I can feel the "thud" when I come to a complete stop and the suspension settles. but not all the time. Again it is not audible to the ears, but felt when accelerating.

I have replaced the following based on keeping it safe: but am sick of spending money just to get rid of something that seems like it isn't affecting the truck negatively. Have driven this truck to 98,000 from 86,000 with no noticeable issues, other than the fact it feels weird upon that initial acceleration.

It also seems to completely go away in the winter months when average temperatures are in the 30s and 40s. Which I don't understand at all.

Carrier Bearing
U-Joints
All suspension and bushings inspected.
2 alignments, which indicate the truck stays within normal specs.

I have jacked the vehicle up, and shifted into gear. The thud is not there unless the vehicle is actually driven. I really hate it.

Thanks!
Greg
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-05-2019, 05:09 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Re: Small thud on initial acceleration. 08 Titan Flex LE. Need help troubleshooting.

It's not the 2 rubber utili-trac covers in the bed floor is it? Mine does that too, call them the 2 thumpers.

Red Brawn LE
Senatobia, MS
TITAN's Build State
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-05-2019, 07:44 PM
Premium User
Nissan Titan Status - Premium Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1168 Post(s)
Thanked 5,836 Times in 3,824 Posts
Garage
iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Re: Small thud on initial acceleration. 08 Titan Flex LE. Need help troubleshooting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanAm Ken View Post
It's not the 2 rubber utili-trac covers in the bed floor is it? Mine does that too, call them the 2 thumpers.
Yep. Thump on accelerate and louder thump on hard braking if the tabs are broken off.

«Granite '07 LE Crew Cab, 4x4, Big Tow, Off-Road» <-- Sold 07/2017
«ClearBra, Leer 100XQ, MM SI9500 Winch, Custom b-pipes, Volant PowerCore, AMSoil bumper to bumper, Uprev tuned, CSF radiator, e-fans, JBA LT headers»
«SAW Coilovers and rear shocks, PRG upper control arms, Hellwig rear sway bar»
2015 Nissan Leaf
2017 Ford F-350 CCLB 6.7L Lariat - The Towing Beast
Jim aka Bionic Whore™, Tutu Whore™
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-13-2019, 08:23 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Here is an old thread that might give you an answer. Page 2 has some good possibilities. Good luck.

https://www.titantalk.com/forums/tit...eleration.html

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Titan Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Jump to top