Was I sold a 2018 Titan S with a "SV" badge? - Nissan Titan Forum
Titan General Discussion General Discussion about the Nissan Titan.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-12-2019, 09:47 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Question Was I sold a 2018 Titan S with a "SV" badge?

Hey everyone - New to both the forum and the world of Nissan after coming from Fords my whole life. A week ago I bought a certified pre-owned 2018 Titan 4x4 and I am definitely loving it. But in the process of getting it insured and all of that I noticed something strange that maybe you all can help me with. Both the rear badge, a sticker in the door jam on the driver's side, and half of my paperwork from the dealer shows that the truck is an SV. But the CARFAX and the other half of the purchasing documents show the model as a "Titan S". From what I understand (believe) its a more basic version of the SV, which is fine for me, but I just want to make sure I was not sold an "S" with an SV badge. Is there a sure-fire way differentiate a S and a SV? I did some searching of the Forums but only found a breakdown of the 1st Gen Titan trims. I can upload some photos if it will help. Thanks for you help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-12-2019, 10:45 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Garage
Re: Was I sold a 2018 Titan S with a "SV" badge?

Maybe you can call a Nissan dealership and give them your vin number?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-12-2019, 11:01 AM
Premium User
Nissan Titan Status - Premium Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 411 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RS87 View Post
Hey everyone - New to both the forum and the world of Nissan after coming from Fords my whole life. A week ago I bought a certified pre-owned 2018 Titan 4x4 and I am definitely loving it. But in the process of getting it insured and all of that I noticed something strange that maybe you all can help me with. Both the rear badge, a sticker in the door jam on the driver's side, and half of my paperwork from the dealer shows that the truck is an SV. But the CARFAX and the other half of the purchasing documents show the model as a "Titan S". From what I understand (believe) its a more basic version of the SV, which is fine for me, but I just want to make sure I was not sold an "S" with an SV badge. Is there a sure-fire way differentiate a S and a SV? I did some searching of the Forums but only found a breakdown of the 1st Gen Titan trims. I can upload some photos if it will help. Thanks for you help!
First you can look and see what makes a SV or the S model and come to the conclusion if it's a SV as stated. Also when my Pro4X was getting made it came up as a SV model on the Carfax, so similar situation as what you have.

2018 KC Deep Blue Pearl, VK56VD, Pro4X, bought new, 12K mi
2006 KC Majestic Blue Frontier, Nismo 4x4, V-6 4.0, 6Spd, bought new, 147K mi "Sold"

I prefer not using remote start or drive-thrus, both hurt your MPG's a lot & you shouldn't let your vehicle idle more that a minute or so especially unattended.
Remember oil isn't a renewable energy source. One day it will all be gone?

Mods: OLM LED fog lights ALPHA HD (PHILIPS Z ES), Iron Cross Black Endeavour Running Boards, WeatherTech floor mats and window visors, AVS aeroskin bug defector, K&N PAIS PN 63-6019,
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-12-2019, 11:23 AM
Premium User

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
iTrader Score: 8 reviews

I agree with slyfur1, probably just an error with the carfax. With that being typed, my wife and I did go through an experience in Irving, TX 15 years ago where a shady Toyota dealership actually stuck a V6 emblem on the back of a 4-cylinder Camry. Literally between the test drives and when my wife actually drove the car home (at 11pm, after they magically ‘found’ it on the back of a delivery truck after I had taken our little girl home for bed).
She even called me on the way home worried, thinking something was wrong with the car (probably because she’d been driving the V6’s all day and could tell something was different)
We stretched the final signing of paperwork (needed a co-signer back then lol) out for two months before we gave the car back and let them know where they could stick the keys.

μολὼν λαβέ

a knight without armor in a savage land

Click HERE to see 06 Mods
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-12-2019, 11:45 AM
Premium User

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 411 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LD5050 View Post
I agree with slyfur1, probably just an error with the carfax. With that being typed, my wife and I did go through an experience in Irving, TX 15 years ago where a shady Toyota dealership actually stuck a V6 emblem on the back of a 4-cylinder Camry. Literally between the test drives and when my wife actually drove the car home (at 11pm, after they magically ‘found’ it on the back of a delivery truck after I had taken our little girl home for bed).
She even called me on the way home worried, thinking something was wrong with the car (probably because she’d been driving the V6’s all day and could tell something was different)
We stretched the final signing of paperwork (needed a co-signer back then lol) out for two months before we gave the car back and let them know where they could stick the keys.
It's not a error with the Carfax it actually started life as a SV and got made into a Pro4X. I ordered my truck in December and it wasn't delivered until March, but if you look at my build date it was made in November a month before I ordered it.

Oh BTW your story about the Camry is insane, crazy.

2018 KC Deep Blue Pearl, VK56VD, Pro4X, bought new, 12K mi
2006 KC Majestic Blue Frontier, Nismo 4x4, V-6 4.0, 6Spd, bought new, 147K mi "Sold"

I prefer not using remote start or drive-thrus, both hurt your MPG's a lot & you shouldn't let your vehicle idle more that a minute or so especially unattended.
Remember oil isn't a renewable energy source. One day it will all be gone?

Mods: OLM LED fog lights ALPHA HD (PHILIPS Z ES), Iron Cross Black Endeavour Running Boards, WeatherTech floor mats and window visors, AVS aeroskin bug defector, K&N PAIS PN 63-6019,
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-12-2019, 04:59 PM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)

Simple just go in www.nissanusa.com website and look at the features of an S and the features of an SV and compare the two...

This is an S:
5.6-liter 32-valve V8 engine with 7-speed automatic transmission, hill start assist, 13" front and
rear vented disc brakes, 18" styled steel wheels with P265/70R18 all-season tires, 8-ft. truck
bed, dampened assist tailgate, Easy Clean® vinyl flooring, 40/20/40-split bench front seat
with flip-down center seat, column shifter with manual shift mode, remote keyless entry with
Push Button Ignition, Hands-free Text Messaging Assistant,26 Bluetooth® Hands-free Phone
System,14 illuminated steering wheel-mounted audio and cruise controls, four cup holders
and four bottle holders, manual sliding back window, AM/FM/CD audio system with 5.0" color
display, four speakers, streaming audio via Bluetooth® wireless technology,14 USB connection
port,19 RearView Monitor,27 Vehicle Dynamic Control (VDC)28 with Traction Control System (TCS)
King Cab adds: 6.5-ft. truck bed, two rear door pockets, four additional bottle holders,
60/40-split bench rear seat, rear privacy glass
Crew Cab adds: 5.5-ft. truck bed, two additional cup holders, 60/40-split bench rear seat
with center flip-down armrest, power rear side windows
XD S Adds: Optional Cummins® 5.0-liter DOHC 32-valve V8 turbo diesel with Aisin® 6-speed
automatic transmission and Bosch® ceramic glow plugs (late availability), 14" front and
rear vented disc brakes, 17" styled steel wheels, 6.5-ft. truck bed (Crew Cab only)

This is an SV:
18" Silver-painted aluminum-alloy wheels, oil pan and fuel tank skid plates (4x4 models
only), front tow hooks (4x4 only), chrome exterior trim, Advanced Drive-Assist® Display,10, 11
Fine Vision electroluminescent gauges, SiriusXM® Satellite Radio,14 stain-resistant cloth
seat trim, interior mood lighting, sun visors with illuminated vanity mirrors and extension,
grocery hooks on bottom of rear seat cushion (Crew Cab only), silver metallic interior
accents, trailer sway control
XD SV Adds: Front tow hooks, power heated black manually extendable tow mirrors with
turn signal indicators, trailer brake controller and trailer light check,2 Class IV tow hitch
receiver with 4-pin/7-pin wiring harness,2 integrated gooseneck hitch receiver2

T Cro
2018 Pro-4X CC
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-12-2019, 06:05 PM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)

S bumpers will be black and the seats will be a two tone grey and black. The SV has chrome bumpers (bench seat) and one color interior either black or tan. Interior trim around the radio/vent area will be silver on a SV and flat black on a S.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 06:29 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Ok I think it’s an SV based on your replies. Interestingly I ran my VIN through another database and it came back as “base/SV” so maybe CARFAX split the difference😂. Anyways, on to the fun stuff like figuring out the best ways to add fog lights and a few other things - I feel like I need to utilize some of these blank switch spaces. Anyways, thanks for your help!
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 08:36 PM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)

No nav in yours? I have a cheap solution in the for sale section. It's what I had in my non nav Titan. Look under the misc parts for XD and Titan

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Titan Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Jump to top