AC acting strange - Nissan Titan Forum
Titan General Discussion General Discussion about the Nissan Titan.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 12:31 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
AC acting strange

the AC in my 2017 Titan XD just started blowing cold only on the passenger side. If I stop, kill the engine then restart the engine the AC will blow out of all vents. What the heck is going on? It sounds like a mechanical controller issue, but with the AC working after an engine restart I think is an electronic issue. I ran a diagnostic tool looking to see if a code would show up with the AC not working properly. No code came up. 2017 Nissian Titan XD with 29,000 miles. Any help would be appreciated
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 02:13 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Re: AC acting strange

There is a drivers side blend door actuator, bolted in down on the center console next to your gas pedal, that's known to have issues on a number of the '17s. It works for awhile, then fails and moves the blend door back to hot, until you restart the truck.

You're covered under warranty, take it to the dealership and get them to replace that actuator
The Following User Says Thank You to timthescarred For This Useful Post:
Titan332009 (05-16-2019)
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 02:22 PM
Premium User
Nissan Titan Status - Premium Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 412 Post(s)
Re: AC acting strange

Quote:
Originally Posted by dishman1962 View Post
the AC in my 2017 Titan XD just started blowing cold only on the passenger side. If I stop, kill the engine then restart the engine the AC will blow out of all vents. What the heck is going on? It sounds like a mechanical controller issue, but with the AC working after an engine restart I think is an electronic issue. I ran a diagnostic tool looking to see if a code would show up with the AC not working properly. No code came up. 2017 Nissian Titan XD with 29,000 miles. Any help would be appreciated
Are you using the dual climate feature and have one side set colder? Say wife set right side at 60F and you have your side set at 70F?

2018 KC Deep Blue Pearl, VK56VD, Pro4X, bought new, 12K mi
2006 KC Majestic Blue Frontier, Nismo 4x4, V-6 4.0, 6Spd, bought new, 147K mi "Sold"

I prefer not using remote start or drive-thrus, both hurt your MPG's a lot & you shouldn't let your vehicle idle more that a minute or so especially unattended.
Remember oil isn't a renewable energy source. One day it will all be gone?

Mods: OLM LED fog lights ALPHA HD (PHILIPS Z ES), Iron Cross Black Endeavour Running Boards, WeatherTech floor mats and window visors, AVS aeroskin bug defector, K&N PAIS PN 63-6019,

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Titan Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Jump to top