Seat Covers - Nissan Titan Forum
Titan Interior Discussion Got a visual modification that makes your truck look just perfect? Let us know about it.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-04-2019, 10:39 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Seat Covers

Hey all, new to the forum and had a question about seat covers. I just picked up a new '18 SV CC 4x4 and was wondering what general census was on the oem seat covers, part number 999n4-w4000. I know they're a bit pricey compared to coverking and the like but to me they just look better. Anyone have an opinion on them, good or bad? Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-05-2019, 03:04 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Re: Seat Covers

It depends how long you plan to keep your truck. I put https://www.wetokole.com on my 2006 Titan. I spend a lot of time outdoors hunting, fishing, getting in the truck wet and dirty. I gave my truck to my son a few weeks ago when I bought a new 2019 and the seats were factory new under the covers. A new set for the 2019 Titan was 650.00, well worth it to me as I plan on keeping this truck for a long time.

2019 Nissan Titan 4x4 SV Texas Edition, Gun Metal
Undercover SE bed cover and bed swing out storage box
Auto Ventshade in channel window deflectors and Aeroskin II textured hood protector
Wet Okole charcoal seat covers
Trimax TRZ12AL Razor Aluminum Adjust Hitch-Dual Ball 6" drop
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-05-2019, 06:57 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)

I use the ones from duluth trading in my '05 CC....
https://www.duluthtrading.com/worksh...r/seat-covers/

I have these ones specifically....
https://www.duluthtrading.com/fire-h...ver-85516.html

well actually I guess mine are "first generation" with a pocket for the headrest and only one strap. The new ones look like they would even be better.
post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-05-2019, 09:18 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for the feedback, guys. Has anyone actually seen the nissan ones and are they quality? None of the dealerships around here stock them and I have a real issue dropping $500 on something I haven't seen.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-05-2019, 12:48 PM

I bought these for the rear seats, not realizing that there wasn't a matching set for the front:

https://www.carid.com/2018-nissan-ti...parentsubmodel[]=SUBMODEL|Crew+Cab

Bought these for the front:

https://www.carid.com/dash-designs/d...-03-3-wbk.html

the final price was quite expensive but I have to admit that the quality is exceptional.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-06-2019, 06:46 AM

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 54warrior

I can tell you this much, my friend bought Cover King's for his work truck and they are awesome. He got the leather ones and they looked factory.

Truck: 05 CC SE 4x4
Performance/Drivetrain: JBA CAtback w/ 2* Advance, PRG Driveshaft Spacer, PRG Street Traction Bars
Suspension: PC 6", SAW Coils, ProComp MX6 Adjustable Rear Shocks, Total Chaos Shackles, removed anti-sway bar
Wheels/Tires: Stock 6 Spoke Charcoal Wheels with Nitto Terra Grappler G2's-325/65R-18
Brakes: Stock w/ PRG Stainless Lines (Front)
Lighting: (3) Hella 500 Driving Lights
Misc: Husky Liners, Bug Shield, Tonneau, Bed Liner'ed Rockers, Home-Made© Skid Plates, Vent Visors
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-06-2019, 09:01 AM Thread Starter

Yeah its starting to seem like CoverKing is the most common.

I was really hoping to find someone that had any input about these.....(pic below). Im having a hard time finding any sort of review or video on them and dealerships around me dont stock them. They want them prepaid to order and that just seems like a lot to spend on something without actually seeing a set first.
Attached Thumbnails
Seat Covers-seat-covers.jpg  
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-06-2019, 11:18 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 109 Post(s)

Not mine, but there's a guy on face book says "Not a lot of info or reviews out there regarding the OEM seat covers. I’m here to tell ya that I love them. They are rugged as hell and comfortable. I had Wet Okole a in my tacoma. Like these better."

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1922...3212506567094/
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-06-2019, 12:25 PM Thread Starter

Awesome. Thank you! Im leaning towards them more and more but I dont think I can go wrong with CK, WO or the OEM. Thanks again!
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-06-2019, 07:54 PM

I've been using WetOkole for 3 years and love them. They are a neoprene type cover, but I've never had an issue with driving them in hot weather. They are great in the cold, as well. The only negative is that they hold onto dog hair.
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-06-2019, 09:08 PM Thread Starter

Well, I broke down today and ordered the Blue OEM ones. Have to drive a ways tomorrow to pick them up but any time spent in the new Titan is a good time. Im hoping theyre what Im thinking they are as according to the dealership I ordered them from, theyre non-returnable. Maybe Ill put up a few pics once I get them installed. Thank you, everyone, for all of the input! Much appreciated!
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-07-2019, 02:57 AM

Look forward to a review of your new covers for others looking for a quality cover. They sound very similar to Wet Okole.

Auto Ventshade in channel window deflectors and Aeroskin II textured hood protector
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-07-2019, 07:57 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 180 Post(s)
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

I know you're talking about seat covers, but at least in my experience the leather in the Titan is awesome. 10 years of abuse (dogs in the truck a lot), and the only thing that's just now starting to wear is the driver arm rest that's been leaned on for probably 145k out of 150k miles. It has 3 1/4" cracks in it where my elbow rests.

2008 PRO-4X KC
No chrome, custom 3" lift, Black Rhino Sidewinder 18x9's, 295/70/R18 Pathfinder AT's, Pioneer HU+Two Kicker Comp 12's, LED lights inside and out, Defiant light bar, 32" curved LED bar, amber 20" LED bar, AirAid MXP, Cajun exhaust
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-07-2019, 06:38 PM Thread Starter

Hey all. Thanks again for all the input. Just thought I'd give a small update and review of what I think as I just put the OEM covers on.

There are positives and negatives about these imo. Ill make a small list of both from what Ive noticed. Installing them wasn't a problem, took me about an hour or so. There are no instructions in the box but they do give you a site to go to for oem instructions.

Bad stuff first!

1) They don't cover the back of the seat! They only go over the 'shoulder' of the seat leaving the back of the original cover exposed. Not a bad thing unless you have kids (like me) that occasionally kick the back of the front seats.

2) Fitment - While they seem to fit pretty well, they could be a bit more snug in my opinion. By no means am I a professional installer but I did hook them in all of the places as described in the instructions and they seem to be a little loose, mainly on the back supports of the front seats around the shoulder area. Also, they dont cover the sides of the front seats. I realize there has to be available space for the seat airbags, but I recall seeing some covers that have a tucked in flap or sewn in hole for the airbags to deploy. These covers basically just cover the 'face' of the backrest on the seats. As for the back seat which is a 60/40 with arm rest in my truck, the fit is good and there are no problems dropping and storing the armrest.

3) Head rest covers - they literally dont fit snug around the base of the headrests front or rear. While other brands have velcro on the bottom to make them fit snug, these covers just slide over the rest. They arent a loose fit and I dont see them coming off, they just dont give that real clean, snug, form fitting look that I personally like.

Thats enough bad stuff. I think you all get the point. Now on to the good stuff.

The good things!

1) Quality - They are definitely made from higher quality wetsuit material. I dont think any liquids are going to penetrate it onto the seat but only time will tell. All the stitching seem legit and give off a real clean appearance but again, time will tell. Both the driver and passenger side front seats have a small zippered pocket or pouch on the leading edge of the base of the seat. I didnt realize these covers had that so it was a small bonus when I noticed them.

2) Comfort - While they aren't very thick, they feel really comfortable to sit on. They almost feel as though they are somewhat form fitting when you sit on them. I dunno, maybe its just me.

3) Color and Appearance - This one is personal preference I know. My Titan is blue and I wanted covers that would match the blue of my truck. It was one of the reasons I chose the OEM covers because I was afraid I would get something that was a totally different shade of blue with an aftermarket company. I do like how these give the interior a nice clean look. The covers dont look too bulky on the seats which is another thing I like. Also, I'm a big fan of the 'Titan' being embroidered in the front seats. Pics Ive seen had that on the rear also, but the set I have the embroidery is only on the fronts for whatever reason.

4) Price - I did some searching that's for sure. Most dealerships were selling the front/rear set for MSRP of $610. I saw other places online range from $465-$520ish but they wanted anywhere between $30-$50 for shipping. I happened to find a dealership not too far from me (Northern CA, the good part of the state) that was willing to honor their online price of $465 and I could go pick them up to save the shipping so that's what I did.

Overall, I like them. Im happy with them. There are a few minor things here and there but they're all easily enough overlooked for me because the color is exactly what I wanted. I think they're worth it but like I said earlier, time will tell. I play a lot in the dirt and I have a young daughter so we will see how they hold up over time.

Ill shut up now and just put up some pics so you all can judge for yourselves. Thanks again for all the input and happy trails, all!

I apologize for the pics being sideways. I didnt go through and edit them.
Attached Thumbnails
Seat Covers-20190607_164755.jpg   Seat Covers-20190607_173549.jpg   Seat Covers-20190607_164730.jpg   Seat Covers-20190607_173609.jpg   Seat Covers-20190607_164734.jpg  

Last edited by Maestroj44; 06-07-2019 at 06:40 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Maestroj44 For This Useful Post:
aba4430 (06-07-2019), LaxDfns15 (06-10-2019)
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-10-2019, 05:18 PM

Installed Wet Okle seat covers today in charcoal with black piping in my new Titan SV. The color of charcoal is darker than the pictures show. Great fit and easy installation. This will be my second set. Put first one on a 2006 Titan and they still on the seats and look good.
Attached Thumbnails
Seat Covers-unadjustednonraw_thumb_b7f4.jpg   Seat Covers-unadjustednonraw_thumb_b7f5.jpg  

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Titan Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Jump to top