Join Date: Jun 2019
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Re: Seat Covers
Hey all. Thanks again for all the input. Just thought I'd give a small update and review of what I think as I just put the OEM covers on.
There are positives and negatives about these imo. Ill make a small list of both from what Ive noticed. Installing them wasn't a problem, took me about an hour or so. There are no instructions in the box but they do give you a site to go to for oem instructions.
Bad stuff first!
1) They don't cover the back of the seat! They only go over the 'shoulder' of the seat leaving the back of the original cover exposed. Not a bad thing unless you have kids (like me) that occasionally kick the back of the front seats.
2) Fitment - While they seem to fit pretty well, they could be a bit more snug in my opinion. By no means am I a professional installer but I did hook them in all of the places as described in the instructions and they seem to be a little loose, mainly on the back supports of the front seats around the shoulder area. Also, they dont cover the sides of the front seats. I realize there has to be available space for the seat airbags, but I recall seeing some covers that have a tucked in flap or sewn in hole for the airbags to deploy. These covers basically just cover the 'face' of the backrest on the seats. As for the back seat which is a 60/40 with arm rest in my truck, the fit is good and there are no problems dropping and storing the armrest.
3) Head rest covers - they literally dont fit snug around the base of the headrests front or rear. While other brands have velcro on the bottom to make them fit snug, these covers just slide over the rest. They arent a loose fit and I dont see them coming off, they just dont give that real clean, snug, form fitting look that I personally like.
Thats enough bad stuff. I think you all get the point. Now on to the good stuff.
The good things!
1) Quality - They are definitely made from higher quality wetsuit material. I dont think any liquids are going to penetrate it onto the seat but only time will tell. All the stitching seem legit and give off a real clean appearance but again, time will tell. Both the driver and passenger side front seats have a small zippered pocket or pouch on the leading edge of the base of the seat. I didnt realize these covers had that so it was a small bonus when I noticed them.
2) Comfort - While they aren't very thick, they feel really comfortable to sit on. They almost feel as though they are somewhat form fitting when you sit on them. I dunno, maybe its just me.
3) Color and Appearance - This one is personal preference I know. My Titan is blue and I wanted covers that would match the blue of my truck. It was one of the reasons I chose the OEM covers because I was afraid I would get something that was a totally different shade of blue with an aftermarket company. I do like how these give the interior a nice clean look. The covers dont look too bulky on the seats which is another thing I like. Also, I'm a big fan of the 'Titan' being embroidered in the front seats. Pics Ive seen had that on the rear also, but the set I have the embroidery is only on the fronts for whatever reason.
4) Price - I did some searching that's for sure. Most dealerships were selling the front/rear set for MSRP of $610. I saw other places online range from $465-$520ish but they wanted anywhere between $30-$50 for shipping. I happened to find a dealership not too far from me (Northern CA, the good part of the state) that was willing to honor their online price of $465 and I could go pick them up to save the shipping so that's what I did.
Overall, I like them. Im happy with them. There are a few minor things here and there but they're all easily enough overlooked for me because the color is exactly what I wanted. I think they're worth it but like I said earlier, time will tell. I play a lot in the dirt and I have a young daughter so we will see how they hold up over time.
Ill shut up now and just put up some pics so you all can judge for yourselves. Thanks again for all the input and happy trails, all!
I apologize for the pics being sideways. I didnt go through and edit them.
Last edited by Maestroj44; 06-07-2019 at 06:40 PM.