Nissan Titan Forum banner

Cowl done with bedliner

114K views 359 replies 126 participants last post by  Chowdy 
#1 · (Edited)
Let me start by saying that this exceeded my expectations and took under two hours from start to finish since the bedliner dries to the touch in under 5 minutes under the warm sun. For those of you worried about taking of the cowl, don't be...it's a joke, I'll give a little step by step then before after pictures.

I also painted my wiper arms since those were almost white as well...and let me say the pictures don't do it justice...

Cowl Removal:
1. Pop hood
2. Remove wiper blades (Pop off plastic cover and unbolt)
3. The rubber gasket that runs along the front houses all the front clips, simply lift it and as you do, use a pair of needlenose pliers to squeeze the clips.
4. On each side there is a little black circle clip. It just pulls out with needlenose
5. Pull the cowl towards you, the clips along the windshield actually slide out, they don't have to pop yet. Just wiggle in a couple different directions and it'll slide out towards the engine.
6. Unplug the two nozzles right up by each nozzle.
7. Slowly pull off the rubber gasget that sits against the glass, don't worry about breaking the rubber tacks, you'll have to get it off.
8. Pop the two nozzles out from the bottom.

You'll now just have the two black(gray :)) cowl pieces with nothing on them

Cowl:
1. I cleaned them with Windex and paper towels making sure to remove all debris
2. Spray on your bedliner (I used two coats even though one covers) :)

Put it back together:
1. Pop in the nozzles
2. Put the rubber piece that goes along the windshield back on lining up the plastic "welds" that you had to break.
3. Use a soldering iron to re-melt the plastic "welds"
4. Take your needlenose again and pull out all the white clips that you left in the truck up by the windshield, it'll be much easier to put back together.
5. Plug the nozzles back in.
6. Pop the top clips back in.
7. Run the rubber gasket at the bottom back again with the clips.
8. Put the two little plastic circle clips back in each corner
9. Put your wiper blades back on.

Done. Enjoy your weekend.

Now for the pics :thumbsup:

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
Looks great man, great job!

#6 ·
I used the Rustoleum, same stuff I used on my flares. It's about $7 a can at Home Depot and I used about 3/4 of a can for the cowl and wipers.

#7 ·
Superbosso cool.
When are you going to come over and do mine?

Reactions: bills1974
#10 ·
Note to self: You just found your next mod.
Subscribed so I can't lose track of the thread.

#17 ·
big time difference.. great job and how to...

#18 ·
looks real good bills nice work...and great write up!!

#19 ·
stop teasin bill, lets see what you got goin on brutha!

#22 ·
i was planning on doing this, or painting, my flaps, and the cowl. i was going to wet sand them before i did. Would you guys recommend this before spraying with krylon? the reason i was going to do this, is the oxidation on there will scratch off pretty easily with just your fingernail. i figured the paint would do the same if you sprayed it over the oxidation. any ideas?

im going to do either the bed liner, or satin black krylon. not sure which yet.

#23 ·
guess what im doing next weekend

#27 ·
Hmm. Looks outstanding. It's cheap. Why haven't I done this yet???

Nice job, Bills. :thumbsup:

#31 ·
The best part is, I just did my bullbar because it was faded to gray!!

New thread! :lol:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.