04 factory ride height - Nissan Titan Forum
Titan Suspension Technical discussion about the suspension components.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-06-2019, 10:51 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
04 factory ride height

I can't find it anywhere!!! I've been given the screenshot from the FSM that shows ground to top of wheel arch and that doesn't have any pertinent info. What I DO need is what the hub to arch measurement on all four corners for the 04 gen Titan.

I've got a lifted truck (bought it lifted) and the rear springs are trashed. I need to know what springs to buy as a replacement but I can't without knowing how tall it is. I've called PRG with no results. I've Googled until my finger tips have turned into raw little nubs and the only thing people say is to check the FSM. No, that doesn't help at all.

Can any of you please help me out? If you don't have the factory height, that's fine. What's your measurement hub to wheel arch on x" of lift? I can do basic math and work backwards. Please??? I'm desperate and have no idea where else to turn.

Thank you so much in advance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-08-2019, 09:28 AM Thread Starter

Re: 04 factory ride height

Anyone? All I need is to know what lift you're at (if any) and the hub to arch measurement on all 4 corners. My truck can't take much more before she starts to fall apart.
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-14-2019, 08:02 AM Thread Starter

Please, guys. I just need a hub to wheel arch measurement and what lift, if any, you're running.
post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-14-2019, 08:20 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 170 Post(s)
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

Just measure the block in the rear? Pretty sure those are 1:1 thickness to lift ratios since you're just stacking the leaf pack on it.

2008 PRO-4X KC
No chrome, custom 3" lift, Black Rhino Sidewinder 18x9's, 295/70/R18 Pathfinder AT's, Pioneer HU+Two Kicker Comp 12's, LED lights inside and out, Defiant light bar, 32" curved LED bar, amber 20" LED bar, AirAid MXP, Cajun exhaust
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-14-2019, 08:29 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaxDfns15 View Post
Just measure the block in the rear? Pretty sure those are 1:1 thickness to lift ratios since you're just stacking the leaf pack on it.
The block is about 1 and a half inches. I find it really hard to believe that a truck that is as tall as it is (with a good amount of room in the wheel well after 35s) is only lifted an inch and a half.

Are you saying that I can buy factory springs and reuse the block and all will be fine? How many leafs are on factory springs?
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-14-2019, 08:46 AM

Unless you have a Deaver pack or shackles or something that lifts the truck plus the block then just replacing the leaf pack should be fine. My OEM Pro4X leaf pack has 3 leafs plus the overload leaf.

2008 PRO-4X KC
No chrome, custom 3" lift, Black Rhino Sidewinder 18x9's, 295/70/R18 Pathfinder AT's, Pioneer HU+Two Kicker Comp 12's, LED lights inside and out, Defiant light bar, 32" curved LED bar, amber 20" LED bar, AirAid MXP, Cajun exhaust
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-14-2019, 09:08 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Unless you have a Deaver pack or shackles or something that lifts the truck plus the block then just replacing the leaf pack should be fine. My OEM Pro4X leaf pack has 3 leafs plus the overload leaf.
That's the thing, I don't know what I've got. For as popular as the trucks seem to be, I haven't been able to find a whole lot about them. I know I don't have aftermarket shackles. I don't know about Deaver. I have four leafs plus the thicker one, overload I take it?

Sorry, I'm a Jeep guy. I don't know anything about leaf sprung suspension.
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-14-2019, 10:37 AM

Seems like you have a leaf pack added then. I don't know how to tell the difference between a C-10 or C-30, but here's my truck with a 1" rear bock and OEM leafs. That's with 34.5" tall tires.
Attached Thumbnails
04 factory ride height-truck.jpg   04 factory ride height-2019-05-14.jpg  

2008 PRO-4X KC
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-14-2019, 10:52 AM

4 leafs plus the overload is not stock.

2008 PRO-4X KC
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-14-2019, 10:58 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Seems like you have a leaf pack added then. I don't know how to tell the difference between a C-10 or C-30, but here's my truck with a 1" rear bock and OEM leafs. That's with 34.5" tall tires.
Yeah, that's what I thought too but I just can't tell. Yours looks smaller than mine.

No, the truck is not stock. It is lifted, I just don't know how much. There's ProComp coilovers up front and a taller spindle than comes factory.

Can anyone measure the hub to wheel arch so I can work backwards?

My current numbers are as follows:
Driver Front - 27.5"
Passenger Front - 27.75"
Driver Rear - 26"
Passenger Rear - 26.5"
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 10:00 AM

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Garage

Why don't you just get the OEM leafs and adjust it accordingly with a block till you get the height you want. Or you could could add a leaf. After market leafs ride stiff in my opinion and the OEM leafs are plenty stout. I would highly recommend staying away from after market leafs as their is allot of trial and error involved to get it to sit right where you want. At one point in time I had 35's with oem leafs and it sat pretty high still from my view.

Jason
post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 11:10 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titanrunner04 View Post
Why don't you just get the OEM leafs and adjust it accordingly with a block till you get the height you want. Or you could could add a leaf. After market leafs ride stiff in my opinion and the OEM leafs are plenty stout. I would highly recommend staying away from after market leafs as their is allot of trial and error involved to get it to sit right where you want. At one point in time I had 35's with oem leafs and it sat pretty high still from my view.
I wouldn't be opposed to doing that if I knew what height I was at to begin with. I don't want to play trial and error with suspension. I'd rather buy the parts once and install them once, not tear it apart and redo it a number of times. I don't want to adjust. I want to buy the right parts and do it once.

What about Deaver? I may not even need a block if I can get the right ones but again, I don't know what to get.

I appreciate the help, I really do...but I just find it hard to believe that nobody has a first gen that can measure for me. I have done it this way with Jeeps for years; it's easy to figure out as long as you know the starting point, which is all I need. I've posted locally, called PRG a dozen times (lot of good that did, they won't even call me back), posted on Club Titan, and nothing.
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 12:04 PM

The problem is, while the first gen suspension is the same, the different trims gave you different heights of truck. 2WD, 4WD, off road, Pro4X, XE, they made so many types that were all slightly different. My truck sitting level will be different than your 2004 that I assume is 2WD if you have Maxtrac spindles.

I'll try to measure tonight if I can remember once I get home from work.

2008 PRO-4X KC
post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 12:07 PM

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Garage

I would measure for you buddy if I could but truck is long gone from stock suspension. I have Deaver's on my truck under the axle. I live close to Deaver and I had to pull those leafs off about 5-6 times to get them correct. It was a pain in the ***, so I get what you are saying. However keep in mind if you are changing blocks to get your height right you don't have to remove the springs just the u bolts, not too bad. I have Deavers and would stay away from them as they don't have to much experience with Titans. They do make the added leaf packs but for what you are trying to do it will all be trial and error with Deaver. I have the same experience with PRG. Can you take a pic of you leaf setup now.

Jason
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 12:35 PM Thread Starter

LaxDfns15:
I know the tire sizes were different, leading to different overall heights, yes. But are you saying even the suspension was at different heights as well? Either way, I don't need overall height. I need center of the wheel hub to the center of the wheel arch, which is not impacted by tire size.

I have no idea what spindles are on there but they're taller than stock. 4wd, Offroad package, Cargo package, LE I believe (leather, DVD player, navigation, heated seats, etc).

Titanrunner04:
I don't even need the stock suspension numbers. If you know how tall you're lifted, that'll work. So, my front number is about 27.5". If you know you have 6" and you're at, say, 29", that would mean stock is 23". Which would put me at 4.5", just as an example.

Maybe you're right, though. Maybe it would be easier to use OEM springs and just add blocks.

As for pictures, I'm fighting with my Google Drive right now. I'll get them to you soon.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Titan Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Jump to top